Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Prisco Ranks Ben 17th Best Player

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Prisco Ranks Ben 17th Best Player

Quote Originally Posted by Jom112
    Keith Rivers I really hope steps up and becomes a leader for this young unit. Since TKO left, Odell appeared to be the only other player that sort of brought the team together with his mix of swagger/confidence and talent. As sad as that comment is...
    David Pollack could have been that leader. Very sad...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler

... And the same thing is said about the repair work on the Brent Spence bridge into your fair city of fandom...

BTW, the fate of Chris Henry is now in the hands of the jury... Just heard on the news that the jury was sent to deliberate just before 4pm today...

Anyway, I just don't see your defense working as a cohesive unit. The line is separate from the backers, and they are separate from the secondary... One group must compliment the other and work in tandem to be effective... I could give you an example, but you probably know which organization I would reference... You guys have some good individual talent, but they don't work well together at this point in time, IMO.

...And yes, Keith Rivers is a stud.
    I think they'll work as a cohesive unit this season. Injuries kind of prevented that the last couple of seasons.

Keith Rivers I really hope steps up and becomes a leader for this young unit. Since TKO left, Odell appeared to be the only other player that sort of brought the team together with his mix of swagger/confidence and talent. As sad as that comment is...
    Rivers hasn't even stepped on the field yet so I think we will have to wait and see how he pans out. I think the new DC for the bengals will help but it will be baby steps. Like most teams the Bengals will be competitive as long as they can stay healthy but a couple of injuries on either side of the ball and they are a .500 team at best.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Did nothing? Explain? In 2005 he led the team to a division crown and then we all know what happened. It is what it is, I'm not going to complain about the incident but you can't say Carson didn't do anything with that talent. In 2006, Henry was suspended, Perry got hurt and Rudi started slowing down. Rudi's YPC went down in 2006 and our O-Line was hurt badly. Having two great receivers and nothing else isn't going to get it done.

Luckily our coaching staff realized that and drafted 2 rookie receivers and signed a solid TE this offseason. Now we just need our running game to be at least decent...
    I sure as hell hope not. Kimo didn't take cheap shots when he played for Cincy and he didn't here either.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85
    Rivers hasn't even stepped on the field yet so I think we will have to wait and see how he pans out. I think the new DC for the bengals will help but it will be baby steps. Like most teams the Bengals will be competitive as long as they can stay healthy but a couple of injuries on either side of the ball and they are a .500 team at best.
    Good to hear from you Ike.

The problem is that only person on the defensive side that has really stepped up in the locker room is John Thornton. And he sucks major arse. JJ, Geathers, Ndukwe or Dhani could also potentially step up, but I want to see Rivers develop into that position. It's more wishful thinking than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    I sure as hell hope not. Kimo didn't take cheap shots when he played for Cincy and he didn't here either.
    Like I said, it is what it is. I didn't think it was a cheap shot, but when Odell hit Ben earlier that season, you guys had no problems whining and calling it a cheap shot. Not all of you guys but a decent amount. I believe Ben himself stated that everytime a player goes low on a QB, that it is a little dirty.

Personally I could care less though...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I didn't think it was a cheap shot, but when Odell hit Ben earlier that season, you guys had no problems whining and calling it a cheap shot. Not all of you guys but a decent amount. I believe Ben himself stated that everytime a player goes low on a QB, that it is a little dirty.
    Would that be like Marvin whining about hits on Carson during his post-game press conference the following season... Stating that his qb was unfairly abused? Blaming Cowher and anyone else on the opposing sideline...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Would that be like Marvin whining about hits on Carson during his post-game press conference the following season... Stating that his qb was unfairly abused? Blaming Cowher and anyone else on the opposing sideline...
    Exactly like that. Although I don't remember those exact comments, but I was fairly drunk by then so I will take your word on it.

I have no problem admitting that many of people in the Bengals fanbase (And organization) cry that it was an unfair hit on Palmer but I just wanted to point out that your fanbase and organization did the same exact thing (speaking relatively of course)...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I have no problem admitting that many of people in the Bengals fanbase (And organization) cry that it was an unfair hit on Palmer but I just wanted to point out that your fanbase and organization did the same exact thing...
    I think we can agree that any low hit on a qb could be considered or at least interpreted as dirty when we are on the receiving end, regardless of intent... It's due to our passion for the team.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher

...and some semblence of a defense...

We're working on a defense. Should be done sometime this decade...
    you could start by being a little better on third down. Might keep that Defense off the field

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Smartmonies
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher

...and some semblence of a defense...

We're working on a defense. Should be done sometime this decade...
    you could start by being a little better on third down. Might keep that Defense off the field
    That's what Ben Utecht and Chris "Glass" Perry are for...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85
    Good to hear from you Ike.

The problem is that only person on the defensive side that has really stepped up in the locker room is John Thornton. And he sucks major arse. JJ, Geathers, Ndukwe or Dhani could also potentially step up, but I want to see Rivers develop into that position. It's more wishful thinking than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Like I said, it is what it is. I didn't think it was a cheap shot, but when Odell hit Ben earlier that season, you guys had no problems whining and calling it a cheap shot. Not all of you guys but a decent amount. I believe Ben himself stated that everytime a player goes low on a QB, that it is a little dirty.

Personally I could care less though...
    Hell, I don't even remember that play...so obviously I'm not complaining about it. And before you go jumping to conclusions, I haven't had a drop of alcohol in almost 4 1/2 years.