Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 38

Thread: Prisco Ranks Ben 17th Best Player

  1. #11
    Hall of Famer Iron Shiek's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Splash Play City, OH
    Posts
    3,626

    Re: Prisco Ranks Ben 17th Best Player

    I really never minded Jim Everett either. He wasn't bad, just never won anything, played on a ****e team, and put some decent stats up. That is all Palmer will ever amount to, but nobody realizes it but some of us highly intelligent board frequenters. ha
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

  2. #12
    Hall of Famer Djfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,330

    Re: Prisco Ranks Ben 17th Best Player

    I met Jim Rome when he was first starting out in San Diego. He was a hard worker to be sure, and the other sports jocks called him "Junior". Truth is that he is an ego who is over compensating for his 5'2" stature. Never blamed Everett for dealing with rudeness.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    http://www.anewsong.com


    My son's first Kansas Turkey!

  3. #13
    Starter
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    962

    Re: Prisco Ranks Ben 17th Best Player

    Quote Originally Posted by Djfan
    I met Jim Rome when he was first starting out in San Diego. He was a hard worker to be sure, and the other sports jocks called him "Junior". Truth is that he is an ego who is over compensating for his 5'2" stature. Never blamed Everett for dealing with rudeness.
    I've never held that against Jim Everett either. Rome was clearly bating him. Besides, if it had gone to a straight up throw down, i think "Chrissy" would've taken Rome cleanly. I used to like Rome's radio show, but I just had to stop for several reasons.

    A) He'll beat a darned joke to death
    B) Half of his callers are just insipid morons
    C) Half of his show is dead air. He takes the longest breaks between sentences some times.

    But back to the thread:

    This is obviously garbage. I don't understand why there aren't a few more Steelers on the list as well. I guess no one else "stands out" as much as Ben. It pains me to no end that no Steelers defensive player is on the list.

  4. #14
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,755

    Re: Prisco Ranks Ben 17th Best Player

    for one they have mario williams extremely high also charles woodson should not be in the top 20. even when he was in his prime he was very over rated. how is troy not on the top 50? thats retarded and worse than having ben at 17. even though troy had injury problems the last two years he is still the best all around safety in the league. at least ray lewis wasnt on the list. then i would have to punch a hole in my monitor

  5. #15
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,498

    Re: Prisco Ranks Ben 17th Best Player

    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    for one they have mario williams extremely high also charles woodson should not be in the top 20. even when he was in his prime he was very over rated. how is troy not on the top 50? thats retarded and worse than having ben at 17. even though troy had injury problems the last two years he is still the best all around safety in the league. at least ray lewis wasnt on the list. then i would have to punch a hole in my monitor
    Ben definitely closed the gap between himself and Carson last season. If Carson is in the top ten then Ben should be closely behind in the rankings. To have around 10 spots between them and leaving Troy and Hampton off the list is a little suspect. The guy appears not to like the Steelers too much. Although I can't blame the guy...


    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Smartmonies
    3 years ago, I can remember Cowher saying we have to Stop Rudy johnson before we do anything. Palmer did nothing with that splendid trio of receivers and a good back while he was in his prime. I'd like to see him have to throw behind our line and too guys named Nate and Ced on third down. You think his third down passing stats are bad now???
    Did nothing? Explain? In 2005 he led the team to a division crown and then we all know what happened. It is what it is, I'm not going to complain about the incident but you can't say Carson didn't do anything with that talent. In 2006, Henry was suspended, Perry got hurt and Rudi started slowing down. Rudi's YPC went down in 2006 and our O-Line was hurt badly. Having two great receivers and nothing else isn't going to get it done.

    Luckily our coaching staff realized that and drafted 2 rookie receivers and signed a solid TE this offseason. Now we just need our running game to be at least decent...

  6. #16
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    20,365

    Re: Prisco Ranks Ben 17th Best Player

    Quote Originally Posted by Jom112
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    for one they have mario williams extremely high also charles woodson should not be in the top 20. even when he was in his prime he was very over rated. how is troy not on the top 50? thats retarded and worse than having ben at 17. even though troy had injury problems the last two years he is still the best all around safety in the league. at least ray lewis wasnt on the list. then i would have to punch a hole in my monitor
    Ben definitely closed the gap between himself and Carson last season. If Carson is in the top ten then Ben should be closely behind in the rankings. To have around 10 spots between them and leaving Troy and Hampton off the list is a little suspect. The guy appears not to like the Steelers too much. Although I can't blame the guy...


    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Smartmonies
    3 years ago, I can remember Cowher saying we have to Stop Rudy johnson before we do anything. Palmer did nothing with that splendid trio of receivers and a good back while he was in his prime. I'd like to see him have to throw behind our line and too guys named Nate and Ced on third down. You think his third down passing stats are bad now???
    Did nothing? Explain? In 2005 he led the team to a division crown and then we all know what happened. It is what it is, I'm not going to complain about the incident but you can't say Carson didn't do anything with that talent. In 2006, Henry was suspended, Perry got hurt and Rudi started slowing down. Rudi's YPC went down in 2006 and our O-Line was hurt badly. Having two great receivers and nothing else isn't going to get it done.

    Luckily our coaching staff realized that and drafted 2 rookie receivers and signed a solid TE this offseason. Now we just need our running game to be at least decent...
    ...and some semblence of a defense...


    1.15 WR Mike Evans, Texas A&M
    2.46 TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington
    3.97c ILB Shayne Skov, Stanford
    4.118 CB Philip Gaines, Rice
    5.157 OT James Hurst, North Carolina
    5.173c RB Jerrick McKinnon, Georgia Southern
    6.192 CB Walt Aikens, Liberty
    6.215c DE Deandre Coleman, California
    7.230 NT Zack Kerr, Delaware

  7. #17
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,498

    Re: Prisco Ranks Ben 17th Best Player

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher

    ...and some semblence of a defense...


    We're working on a defense. Should be done sometime this decade...

  8. #18

    Re: Prisco Ranks Ben 17th Best Player

    this looks like some blind monkey threw darts at a wall of pictures. I'll give him the top 3, but anyone who's even heard of the league could get them in the right order.


  9. #19
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,113

    Re: Prisco Ranks Ben 17th Best Player

    Quote Originally Posted by Jom112
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher

    ...and some semblence of a defense...


    We're working on a defense. Should be done sometime this decade...
    ... And the same thing is said about the repair work on the Brent Spence bridge into your fair city of fandom...

    BTW, the fate of Chris Henry is now in the hands of the jury... Just heard on the news that the jury was sent to deliberate just before 4pm today...

    Anyway, I just don't see your defense working as a cohesive unit. The line is separate from the backers, and they are separate from the secondary... One group must compliment the other and work in tandem to be effective... I could give you an example, but you probably know which organization I would reference... You guys have some good individual talent, but they don't work well together at this point in time, IMO.

    ...And yes, Keith Rivers is a stud.

  10. #20
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,498

    Re: Prisco Ranks Ben 17th Best Player

    Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler

    ... And the same thing is said about the repair work on the Brent Spence bridge into your fair city of fandom...

    BTW, the fate of Chris Henry is now in the hands of the jury... Just heard on the news that the jury was sent to deliberate just before 4pm today...

    Anyway, I just don't see your defense working as a cohesive unit. The line is separate from the backers, and they are separate from the secondary... One group must compliment the other and work in tandem to be effective... I could give you an example, but you probably know which organization I would reference... You guys have some good individual talent, but they don't work well together at this point in time, IMO.

    ...And yes, Keith Rivers is a stud.
    I think they'll work as a cohesive unit this season. Injuries kind of prevented that the last couple of seasons.

    Keith Rivers I really hope steps up and becomes a leader for this young unit. Since TKO left, Odell appeared to be the only other player that sort of brought the team together with his mix of swagger/confidence and talent. As sad as that comment is...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •