Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stopped At Red Light...

Backup

Stopped At Red Light...

I was caught by a light in traffic the other day. While sitting there I noticed that the Chevy Tahoe in front of me had a Patriot license plate holder. Noticing that, I looked closer and saw that the plate holder was enclosing a PA plate! That was a 1st ever for me to see something like that here in the middle of Steeler Country! When traffic began moving I got a look at the driver who appeared middle aged. I must admit I got a little hot. Has anyone else had an encounter like that?
    http://www.planetsteelers.com/cpg141...erpics/sth.jpg

"Success Is Determined By Attitude."
    AS Rocks

Legend

Re: Stopped At Red Light...

Probably a Bah-stahn transplant.

Backup

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Probably a Bah-stahn transplant.
    He has got to be a transplant. A very brave one at that. If this was'nt an upscale type of community I think his Tahoe would take a beatin.

AS Rocks

Yea...I seen that once. He will be missed.

LOL

Pro Bowler

Any of you see the video of the Steelers fan that lives up in the heart of Pats nation? That dude is a priest and you have to feel sorry for him. Atleast he can fight back now with all the cheating the Pats did. I wonder how he is handling that situation in the church?

Hall of Famer

I must admit that being located in enemy territory, I actually fit the description of what you're talking about... I drive an Explorer with a Steeler liscence plate on the front, and a Steeler emblem on the rear window. I get quite a few nasty looks, and some folks even wave at me (allbeit with only one finger). ... But there is this one guy that parks in the same employee lot at work as I do, and his car is just completely obnoxious. It's an old Gremlin that is painted with Bungle stripes, stickers all over the windows, and flies the window flags year-round (old, faded, and weather-beaten)... All I can do is just shake my head at it....

As for the comment about the preacher in enemy territory and how it goes at church, I would venture to guess that it's not too big of a deal... My mom is a church organist, and used to play at the First Presby church in Morgantown. Now, that may not seem like a big deal, but we have two generations of family members that graduated from Pitt! ... For several years, my mom would play the Pitt alma-mater as her postlude on the Sunday following the game. I think it was finally after the third year that those folks at WVU figured out what she was doing!...

Backup

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    I must admit that being located in enemy territory, I actually fit the description of what you're talking about... I drive an Explorer with a Steeler liscence plate on the front, and a Steeler emblem on the rear window. I get quite a few nasty looks, and some folks even wave at me (allbeit with only one finger). ... But there is this one guy that parks in the same employee lot at work as I do, and his car is just completely obnoxious. It's an old Gremlin that is painted with Bungle stripes, stickers all over the windows, and flies the window flags year-round (old, faded, and weather-beaten)... All I can do is just shake my head at it....

As for the comment about the preacher in enemy territory and how it goes at church, I would venture to guess that it's not too big of a deal... My mom is a church organist, and used to play at the First Presby church in Morgantown. Now, that may not seem like a big deal, but we have two generations of family members that graduated from Pitt! ... For several years, my mom would play the Pitt alma-mater as her postlude on the Sunday following the game. I think it was finally after the third year that those folks at WVU figured out what she was doing!...
    I love it! Your mom is one cool lady!

AS Rocks

Pro Bowler

I too have a Steelers license plate on the front and an emblem on the back winsheild of my truck. I live among people who claim to be die-hard Colt fans. Not once have I experienced any sort of comment or gotten any "looks" about my vehicle. I truely believe this is due to Colts fans being some of the lamest fans on the planet.

Behind the Colts, Pittsburgh Steeler plates are the most type of NFL plates that I see driving around town -without a doubt. For those of you that still live in the Burgh, it's true what they say about Steeler Nation -THEY ARE EVERYWHERE!!

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    I truely believe this is due to Colts fans being some of the lamest fans on the planet.
    Oz, I don't know if they are the "lamest on the planet" or not (you're around them more than I), but they definitely aren't as vocal as the Nation... I will say that I think the Colts fans have alot more class than many fan bases in the league...

...Back when we made our Super Bowl run a few years ago, I took my dad to the Monday night game in Indy (we lost, unfortunately...). My dad had never been to an indoor game, nor a Monday night game, so it was a good experience for him... Anyway, the fans were extremely respectful and friendly. My connection in the Indy PR dept gave us seats amongst the Steeler families and we sat right next to Dan Kreiders' folks and my dad chatted with his dad throughout the game. No problems anywhere from parking, to walking to the stadium, to being inside at the game. ... That certainly is NOT the case everywhere, but I definitely tip my cap to thier behavior at that event.

Legend

I had "STEELER" personalized plates and had to go back to regular plates...people here in WI can't deal with a person liking any team other than the Packers. I got tired of people effing with my vehicle.