Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Am I the only person excited about Woodley/Harrison?

Backup

User Info Menu

Re: Am I the only person excited about Woodley/Harrison?

[quote=stlrz d]
    Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL
    Quote Originally Posted by "stlrz d":jhz2v35s
    I'm sticking with my prediction of 8 sacks for Woodley. He's an every down player now and will have to face the run as well as the pass. Plus I'm sure he'll make mistakes just as all players do.
    That is why I think his coming out party might be in 09. If he does not turn out to be as good as some expected in 08 the bashing will start.
    Agreed.[/quote:jhz2v35s]

Nah, Don't think we will see much bashing of Woodley. You can see he his a player.
    Timmons on the other hand did nothing on special teams. A player who is supposed to be a side line to side line player should be making tackles on special teams at the very least. But he was unnoticeable. There is a reason to be alarmed. Doesn't mean we give up on him .But a little concern is the proper play here I believe.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Not only am I geeked about our starting linebackers, but I'm also excited to see what Bruce Davis brings to the table. If he flashes anything close to what the Wood did last year, then he's going to be able to keep both starters fresh throughout the game...that could be huge for our pass rush.

BIG FAN

[quote=stlrz d]
    Quote Originally Posted by "stlrz d":2ps0pycq
    I'm sticking with my prediction of 8 sacks for Woodley. He's an every down player now and will have to face the run as well as the pass. Plus I'm sure he'll make mistakes just as all players do.
    That is why I think his coming out party might be in 09. If he does not turn out to be as good as some expected in 08 the bashing will start.
    Agreed.[/quote:2ps0pycq]

Have to agree as well, I feel he will be a beast.
    Bashing will start when he does not a five sack minimum against the Texans.

Backup

User Info Menu

[quote=BIG FAN][quote="stlrz d":3e94bnwv]
    Quote Originally Posted by "stlrz d":3e94bnwv
    Agreed.[/quote:3e94bnwv]

[/quote:3e94bnwv]

nOO. wE ONLY BASH THE qb IN PITTSBURGH.

BIG FAN

[quote=Mr Smartmonies][quote="BIG FAN":310fn149][quote="stlrz d":310fn149]
    Quote Originally Posted by "stlrz d":310fn149
    Agreed.[/quote:310fn149]

[/quote:310fn149]

nOO. wE ONLY BASH THE qb IN PITTSBURGH.[/quote:310fn149]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Smartmonies
    Is anyone out there jacked up as I am over seeing these two guys on the field together?
    I truly believe that if it weren't for Clark Haggans being a veteran, Woodley would have
    been the starter at some point last year regardless of any injury he may have had.
    But looking forward, I am very excited about these two coming off the edge.
    This could be verry scary for the opponents. Agree?
    Yea, but what does this have to do with Ben being great and Willie Parker being the 40th best back in the NFL? :P

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Smartmonies
    Is anyone out there jacked up as I am over seeing these two guys on the field together?
    I truly believe that if it weren't for Clark Haggans being a veteran, Woodley would have
    been the starter at some point last year regardless of any injury he may have had.
    But looking forward, I am very excited about these two coming off the edge.
    This could be verry scary for the opponents. Agree?
    Yea, but what does this have to do with Ben being great and Willie Parker being the 40th best back in the NFL? :P

Pappy
    Parker Sucks.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

i am just as excited to see woodley and harrison opposite each other as i am seeing mendenhall and sweed being added to an already very good offense. i think they can be the best outside lb's the steelers have had since lloyd and greene. if troy has a big rebound year (which i think he will) they will have an amazing defense. hopefully timmons proves himself worthy of his pick in the next season or two. then all they need to do is add a few young d-lineman and they will have a sb caliber defense

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

[quote=Mr Smartmonies][quote="BIG FAN":2p9mt1o7][quote="stlrz d":2p9mt1o7]
    Quote Originally Posted by "stlrz d":2p9mt1o7
    Agreed.[/quote:2p9mt1o7]

[/quote:2p9mt1o7]

nOO. wE ONLY BASH THE qb IN PITTSBURGH.[/quote:2p9mt1o7]

well lets see we've had two good qb's in 30 years but we've had a dominate run game and a great defense for most of those years. if we didn't have KS or NOD or BB or MM or any of those other bums stinking up the field we'd probably be working on #8 by now.

i haven't seen anyone bash the qb since ben took over. nope. it's been pretty consistent bashing of parker and whichever 1st round pick we've just taken (burress, timmons, simmons etc)
    we should have been bashing rod woodson, carnell lake, and greg lloyd all those years!