Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sticking A Needle In The Steel Curtain

Hall of Famer

Re: Sticking A Needle In The Steel Curtain

I really don't think it matters what Terry had to say.... Yes, it brought it back to the forefront, but it was not earth-shattering news... I still say that it was no big deal back then... Just my

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    I really don't think it matters what Terry had to say.... Yes, it brought it back to the forefront, but it was not earth-shattering news... I still say that it was no big deal back then... Just my
    I don't think it was a big deal due to it not being illegal then but there is no good that can come of anyone even talking about this. Let it die.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    I don't think it was a big deal due to it not being illegal then but there is no good that can come of anyone even talking about this. Let it die.
    I get your point.... But it's just one of the few topics new to the news lately in recent days due to his comments..... I'm personally tired of the same old crap, so I'll bring current stuff to the table. It may not be the most favorable, but there has been nothing better brought to banter on here.... Afterall, it IS an issue that our foes will be spewing for quite some time... Not discussing it does not hide the issue, and no one else cares about biting tongues about it, so we might as well address it head on. ... Afterall, we may very well be hearing more about it. Why not discuss it amongst family so as to give points of discussion for folks around the water cooler?.... Public service, man....

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    I get your point.... But it's just one of the few topics new to the news lately in recent days due to his comments..... I'm personally tired of the same old crap, so I'll bring current stuff to the table. It may not be the most favorable, but there has been nothing better brought to banter.
    I don't mean you ya' big doofus!!!

I mean TB and any other Steelers should let it die!

Backup

Hey NKySteeler. I used the words "may be associated." I used Webster's name to illustrate what fans and other writer's said in the past. Iron Mike was AOK in my book.
    I loved the guy. I have defended the Steelers on this topic many times over the years.
    As far as you and I "dancing" about this before a couple of weeks ago. I never made a post with Webster's name in it. Courson was the guy. I could'nt remember his name at the time and I said that in the post and said I would get back to it later. I believe I did say he (missing name Courson) was an admitted user at that time. When I did come back....it was gone.
    It seems I have struck a nerve with you some where which was not and is not my intention. Other than your misunderstanding, my recent post on this matter was right on IMO! So are we on common ground?
    http://www.planetsteelers.com/cpg141...erpics/sth.jpg

"Success Is Determined By Attitude."
    AS Rocks

Hall of Famer

Hoss, you are correct that it struck a nerve with this comment:
    Mike Webster, and of course Steve Courson (admitted user) and Terry Long are the only names that might be associated with those drugs
    ... Mike abhorred steroids in the greatest extent. Man, he would beyotch slap anyone suggesting using.... When I posted a comment about possible steroid usage a few weeks ago, you disagreed, which is cool.... As I said, I possibly agree to an extent (some did some didn't)...... You gotta understand, I was there to see some of it. As a "high schooler", I was around Webster, Kolb, and especially Banaszak (he was my next door neighbor). .... I have no issue saying many on our previous teams used. Hell, I started this thread. It was legal, so be it .... And actually I am in your corner saying some didn't (especially Mike), but apparently quite a few did use, and that is quite obvious. It was legal, so it was no issue at the time. .... Quite frankly, the above quote got to me about Mike. He was clean. He was my hero, along with John. ... That's all.... So yes, I think we are on common ground, and it just got me "riled" on a Friday night....

Backup

I'm glad we got this cleared up. I was arou
    nd back then too. FYI: From 1970 thru 1974 I was a news writer producer for the TV station that carried the Steeler games. I had the extreme pleasure of meeting and talking with many of my heros both on the field and in the locker room. I watched many games (Steeler/Pirates) from the side line and the press box. I have some super good memories. Those were some super days.
    http://www.planetsteelers.com/cpg141...erpics/sth.jpg

"Success Is Determined By Attitude."
    AS Rocks