Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Troy's Polamalu's #'s

Backup

User Info Menu

Re: Troy's Polamalu's #'s

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
    With this new workout regime and a healthy outlook, lets look at some #'s for Troy's season next year:

Tackles: 114

Int: 6

Sacks: 6

FF: 5

FR: 4

DEF TD: 2

I Personally think we should stop blitzing him so much--all he does is run straight into a 320-pd lineman or overruns the play everytime--let him punish the RB'S, WR and TE'S and occasionally blitz and help with run support--YOUR PREDICTIONS PLEASE:::
    I don't quite understand why you are predicting 6 sacks, and then saying we should stop blitzing him so much. He's had 7 total sacks in a 5 year career...so how does he suddenly have a career high sack number while blitzing less? Just curious...
    I know the #s are inflated, but what do you expect--Iam a Steeler fan and a Polamalu fan--Last year my #1 guy I was rooting for was Big Ben--I knew he was the real deal. This year it will be Polamalu--to hopefully get back to his old form and be one of the top Safetys in the league again.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    With this new workout regime and a healthy outlook, lets look at some #'s for Troy's season next year:

Tackles: 114

Int: 6

Sacks: 6

FF: 5

FR: 4

DEF TD: 2

I Personally think we should stop blitzing him so much--all he does is run straight into a 320-pd lineman or overruns the play everytime--let him punish the RB'S, WR and TE'S and occasionally blitz and help with run support--YOUR PREDICTIONS PLEASE:::
    I don't quite understand why you are predicting 6 sacks, and then saying we should stop blitzing him so much. He's had 7 total sacks in a 5 year career...so how does he suddenly have a career high sack number while blitzing less? Just curious...
    I know the #s are inflated, but what do you expect--Iam a Steeler fan and a Polamalu fan--Last year my #1 guy I was rooting for was Big Ben--I knew he was the real deal. This year it will be Polamalu--to hopefully get back to his old form and be one of the top Safetys in the league again.
    [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXY9yvqSi1c"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXY9yvqSi1c[/url]
    His speed is tough to account for on a blitz, though. Check out his acceleration on this play (No. 4, you'll have to watch for a while). He is at full speed after only about 3 steps and totally screws up the blocking on the o-line.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o.
    Quote Originally Posted by RussBII
    I think they should stop blitzing TP so much, not entirely though. Pick your spots, the corner or safety blitz is really only effective when its a surprise.... If the young studs up front do a good job, and DickLe Beau gets his timing down, then Troy could easily have 4 or 5 sacks.
    Exactly, I think that Lebeau is a big key in how good a season Troy could have. Remember in his first few years? You always heard how "The QB has to find Troy prior to each snap", and "he must be accounted for on every play". That was because they never knew where he would be lining up or what he would be doing. Instead, last year they decided that Troy should be close to the line on almost every play, so the O knew where he would be. They then decided that Keisel should be the 'wild card' Adalius Thomas type.

Not only is Troy more suited to play that unknown role, Keisel seemed lost too often. Return the RDE role to the more standard duties, and let your freak athlete be the one who was the question mark. I think that it would bring an improvement to both players.
    Bingo. There's a video posted in this thread. It shows Tory hanging out around the LB level, and then he times it perfectly. He totally f's up the play. That's how he should be used. Personally, I'd tell Troy that anytime he times it wrong, to abort the blitz. Or at least to do that until they expect him to do that...

I'll even be fine with him just being the best freaking SS in the game. No blitzing... ok... fine. I just do NOT want to see him lined up ON an OL. That does no good whatsoever.

Legend

User Info Menu

I could care less if TP has any sacks. I want him to have INTs. Keep him bak in coverage and the defense will reap the benefits of his speed and range not being nullified by being wrapped up with a 300lb+ lineman. If he stays back he will get at least 5 INTs and give some great returns of those INTs.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Is it just me or does 43 only blitz up the middle? Why not send him off the edge? It seems like he walks up to line, drifts back a few steps, and then crashes into a guard when the ball is snapped. ?????
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    I could care less if TP has any sacks. I want him to have INTs. Keep him bak in coverage and the defense will reap the benefits of his speed and range not being nullified by being wrapped up with a 300lb+ lineman. If he stays back he will get at least 5 INTs and give some great returns of those INTs.
    I guess I don't care how many sacks he gets, nor do I care how many INT's he gets. i just want him to wreak havok on offenses. Let the others get the picks and the sacks. TP will cause more of both than he gets.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNation1
    Is it just me or does 43 only blitz up the middle? Why not send him off the edge? It seems like he walks up to line, drifts back a few steps, and then crashes into a guard when the ball is snapped. ?????

No, it's not just you. I'm not a football coach & it will be a sad, sad day when Labeu retires, but I just don't understand why he uses Polamalu the way he used sometimes.