Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Troy's Polamalu's #'s

Backup

User Info Menu

Troy's Polamalu's #'s

With this new workout regime and a healthy outlook, lets look at some #'s for Troy's season next year:

Tackles: 114

Int: 6

Sacks: 6

FF: 5

FR: 4

DEF TD: 2

I Personally think we should stop blitzing him so much--all he does is run straight into a 320-pd lineman or overruns the play everytime--let him punish the RB'S, WR and TE'S and occasionally blitz and help with run support--YOUR PREDICTIONS PLEASE:::

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Troy's Polamalu's #'s

I think with a revamp younger LB corps we shouldn't have to play Troy so often in the box... the young bucks will have more athleticism to bring to the table. I'd like to see just a healthier Troy on the field. He's been plagued so often these last two seasons with ailments that have really limited his efficacy as the number one play maker on our defense. I think 3rd year Troy was the best by far and hasn't been as formidable since. JMHO.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
    With this new workout regime and a healthy outlook, lets look at some #'s for Troy's season next year:

I Personally think we should stop blitzing him so much--all he does is run straight into a 320-pd lineman or overruns the play everytime--let him punish the RB'S, WR and TE'S and occasionally blitz and help with run support--YOUR PREDICTIONS PLEASE:::
    I don't quite understand why you are predicting 6 sacks, and then saying we should stop blitzing him so much. He's had 7 total sacks in a 5 year career...so how does he suddenly have a career high sack number while blitzing less? Just curious...
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

This would be the greatest defensive statistical season in NFL history. He won't get near 6 sacks. 2 sacks and 3-4 INT's would be great. He's not a big "ed Reed type" INT safety. I just want TP to make more game changing plays. They don't necessarily have to be turnovers either. Remember the 2005 AFCCG? The two tackles he made on Tatum Bell(?) on that screen pass and on Mike Anderson near their own goal line were two of the better plays I have ever seen. That is what the D has lacked the past two seasons...game changing plays!!!!!!
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher

I don't quite understand why you are predicting 6 sacks, and then saying we should stop blitzing him so much. He's had 7 total sacks in a 5 year career...so how does he suddenly have a career high sack number while blitzing less? Just curious...
    i was thinking the same thing. he better not get that many sacks, i hate seeing him taking on nose tackles week in and out

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think they should stop blitzing TP so much, not entirely though. Pick your spots, the corner or safety blitz is really only effective when its a surprise.... If the young studs up front do a good job, and DickLe Beau gets his timing down, then Troy could easily have 4 or 5 sacks.

LasVegasGuy

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNation1

This would be the greatest defensive statistical season in NFL history. He won't get near 6 sacks. 2 sacks and 3-4 INT's would be great. He's not a big "ed Reed type" INT safety. I just want TP to make more game changing plays. They don't necessarily have to be turnovers either. Remember the 2005 AFCCG? The two tackles he made on Tatum Bell(?) on that screen pass and on Mike Anderson near their own goal line were two of the better plays I have ever seen. That is what the D has lacked the past two seasons...game changing plays!!!!!!

Forget Ed Reed I would be happy with a Bob Sanders. That guy changes the whole face of the Colts defense. They go from top of the league with him in there to the bottom when he is hurt.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy

Forget Ed Reed I would be happy with a Bob Sanders. That guy changes the whole face of the Colts defense. They go from top of the league with him in there to the bottom when he is hurt.
    I guess the question is, would you take Sanders over Polamalu right now? Both have had injuries the past few yrs. I love what 43 brings to our D when healthy, but Sanders is a beast.
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy

I guess the question is, would you take Sanders over Polamalu right now? Both have had injuries the past few yrs. I love what 43 brings to our D when healthy, but Sanders is a beast.
    I'll take a healthy Troy over a healthy Sanders every day of the week. I respect what that little fella in Indy can do, I respect Ed Reed's ball-hawking skills, I respect the way that John Lynch would use his body like a missile in his heyday, I respect the career that Brian Dawkins has been able to put up in Philly, and Carnell Lake is one of my all-time favorite players, but when Troy is on top of his game (and it has been a couple of years now since that has been the case due to this string of injuries), I don't think the league has seen a better overall safety since Ronnie Lott retired. Just my opinion. I look forward to seeing that guy patrolling our secondary once again this season after his off-season workout regimen in California.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RussBII
    I think they should stop blitzing TP so much, not entirely though. Pick your spots, the corner or safety blitz is really only effective when its a surprise.... If the young studs up front do a good job, and DickLe Beau gets his timing down, then Troy could easily have 4 or 5 sacks.
    Exactly, I think that Lebeau is a big key in how good a season Troy could have. Remember in his first few years? You always heard how "The QB has to find Troy prior to each snap", and "he must be accounted for on every play". That was because they never knew where he would be lining up or what he would be doing. Instead, last year they decided that Troy should be close to the line on almost every play, so the O knew where he would be. They then decided that Keisel should be the 'wild card' Adalius Thomas type.

Not only is Troy more suited to play that unknown role, Keisel seemed lost too often. Return the RDE role to the more standard duties, and let your freak athlete be the one who was the question mark. I think that it would bring an improvement to both players.