MSM started this idea, but it was sandwiched in the middle of the Bradshaw steroids thread, and was misinterpreted to be a ranking of the all-time best Steelers instead of just a list of personal favorites. So, let's give it its own thread. List "your guys" here.

I was born in 1975 and therefore have no personal recollection of the great 70's Super Bowl teams aside from NFL Films replays and the like. Therefore, my personal list of ten would be guys that I rooted for in the 80's, 90's and 00's.

1. Greg Lloyd
2. Hines Ward
3. Ben Roethlisberger
4. Carnell Lake
5. Rod Woodson
6. Troy Polamalu
7. Jerome Bettis
8. Levon Kirkland
9. Aaron Smith
10. Heath Miller

Ten honorable mentions to James Farrior, Dermontti Dawson, Mark Bruener, Antwaan Randle El, Chris Fuamatu-Ma'Afala, Joel Steed, Justin Strzelczyk, Chad Brown, James Harrison, and Jerry Olsavsky (I still can't believe that guys like Big Snack, Big Red, and Peezy didn't crack the top 20, even though they were better players than a lot of the guys I listed ahead of them...a lot of great Steelers and a lot of great memories).

If I had to rank my favorites among the Hall-of-Famers and should-be-Hall-of-Famers from the 70's teams, I would have to go something like this:

1. Mel Blount
2. Jack Ham
3. Joe Greene
4. Jack Lambert
5. Mike Webster
6. Franco Harris
7. John Stallworth
8. Terry Bradshaw
9. Lynn Swann
10. L.C. Greenwood/Donnie Shell (both should be in Canton)

It is hard for me to mix the two, because the first list is full of first-hand memories, and the second is through learning about your team's history which took place before my time. I look forward to seeing how some of you older folks that have personal experiences with both groups will intermingle the legends with some of the more recent players.