Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Your Own Personal Top Ten Favorite Steeler Players

Backup

User Info Menu

Re: Your Own Personal Top Ten Favorite Steeler Players

Quote Originally Posted by kennyes
    Just personal Favs w/o too much stock in the order cause I suck at this..

Life long crushes

1) Swann

2) M.J Green

3) Lambert

4) Woodson

5) Stallworth

6) Lloyd

7) Blount

8 ) Lake

9) Polamalu

10) K.Greene

Next ten honerable man crushes in no particular order...

1) Dirt

2) Lipps

3) Ward

4) Kirkland

5) Shell

6) L.C

7) White

8 ) Thigpen

And now for Those who transend all things.....

Bradshaw

Franco

Rocky

Webby

Frenchy... [i] and for obvious reasons

And soon to be Big Ben #7.... Hey, I'm bein patient ovahere

Told ya I suck at these!

And Holmes too dammit!!! Place him anywhere the freick you want him!
    [url="http://www.planetsteelers.com/cpg1416/a"]http://www.planetsteelers.com/cpg1416/a[/url] ... ics/ky.jpg

Hogerules33

Posted this on Steelerslive as well.

1. Merril Hoge - My personal favorite. Classic overachiever. He was a tough, gritty runner who outshined 1st round bust Tim Worley. Good dual threat as well as he still holds the Steeler record for most receptions by a RB in a season (50 catches). A shame concussions had to end his career early.

2. Rod Woodson - In my mind, he is the best defensive back to ever play the game. He tackled better than Deion, was arguably just as good a returner (before ACL tear), and he successfully transitioned from CB to Safety and lead the league in interceptions twice after doing so.

3. Dermontti Dawson - One of the best centers to ever play the game. He pulled often on run plays, which requires tremendous athleticism for a 300 lb lineman.

4. Kevin Greene - Just an animal. He reminds me of a hired hitman because he played for so many teams, and was just a sack machine. Really odd personality, and kind of "on edge"...but it was great watching him play.

5. Carnell Lake - He was great at sacking the QB on safety blitzes. In fact, I don't think the Steelers have had a safety sack the QB as much as him since he left the team. (lee flowers had some good years...couldn't cover for his life though)

6. Alan Faneca - Great run blocker, for the same reasons as Dirt. Sucks he left on a "not so good" note, but he went where the money was.

7. Big Ben - He was the missing link. I think we can all agree that poor QB play was one of the main things that kept us from getting over the hump throughout the 90's. Ben's 05 playoff run (aside from his horrible SB game) was the main reason we got as far as we did.

8. Aaron Smith - Integral to the run defense, as this season showed. Plays the 2 gap spot in the 3-4 DE position as good as anyone in the league.

9. Tunch Ilkin - Great lineman, and an even better person. He was my church youth group leader when I was younger, and is one of the most humble people I've ever met.

10. Jerome Bettis - Very rarely do you see a 250+ lb RB with the kind of moves he had. Loses points for going to the Pete with his damn Notre Dame gear on, but whatever. Wink

Legend

User Info Menu

While I believe Rod Woodson to be a superior DB to Deion...no way was Rod as explosive as Deion. Deion hit top speed in 2-3 steps, and had freakish agility (for his size) second only to Barry Sanders. What people miss with Rod...is the fact that not only was he fast...but he was smart. He played a cerebral game...he liked to gamble...and did so well.
    Trolls are people too.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    While I believe Rod Woodson to be a superior DB to Deion...no way was Rod as explosive as Deion. Deion hit top speed in 2-3 steps, and had freakish agility (for his size) second only to Barry Sanders. What people miss with Rod...is the fact that not only was he fast...but he was smart. He played a cerebral game...he liked to gamble...and did so well.

As well Woodson could hit, and hit hard! Whereas, Deion wore a thong...
    [url="http://www.planetsteelers.com/cpg1416/a"]http://www.planetsteelers.com/cpg1416/a[/url] ... ics/ky.jpg

Backup

User Info Menu

1. Lambert
    2. Ward
    3. Woodson
    4. Bradshaw
    5. LLoyd
    6. Swann
    7. Stallworth
    8. Bettis
    9. D. Shell
    10. Porter

I'm really suprised Joey Porter didnt get any love for his mouth alone..
    I really wanted to put Garry Anderson on the list but could only imagine the flameing you recieve for listing a kicker.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy

As well Woodson could hit, and hit hard! Whereas, Deion wore a thong...

Man, that made me laugh (not too comfortable w/the vision of Neion in a thong, though...)

Rookie

User Info Menu

I can't put them in order, but here they are:

Woodson
    Mean Joe
    Lloyd
    Blount
    Polamalu
    Ward
    Roethlisberger
    Bettis
    Lipps
    Franco

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by us_steelinfrance
    (not too comfortable w/the vision of Neion in a thong, though...)
    As no one should be my friend in France, as no one should be...Rejoice in that, and here's to the Black & Gold from the other side of the pond

GO STEELERS!!!

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by us_steelinfrance
    (not too comfortable w/the vision of Neion in a thong, though...)
    As no one should be my friend in France, as no one should be...Rejoice in that, and here's to the Black & Gold from the other side of the pond

GO STEELERS!!!
    Right on!

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorCal-Steeler
    1. Lambert
    2. Ward
    3. Woodson
    4. Bradshaw
    5. LLoyd
    6. Swann
    7. Stallworth
    8. Bettis
    9. D. Shell
    10. Porter

I'm really suprised Joey Porter didnt get any love for his mouth alone..
    I really wanted to put Garry Anderson on the list but could only imagine the flameing you recieve for listing a kicker.
    Anderson was awesome! He would practice at a high school field near my grandma's house in Emsworth. Nice, soft-spoken guy and a great kicker! Good call, Nor-Cal.

I didn't list any ex-Steeler that is still playing -- conflicting interests. I did like Porter and Randle-El (don't think they're top ten, though) but I can't get past the present-day teal and burgundy. Maybe others feel the same?