Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Total Access-Troy's Workout

Legend

User Info Menu

Total Access-Troy's Workout

[url="http://www.nfl.com/videos;jsessionid=CFEDA119CC7C36450FA796BD55D2CC9E ?videoId=09000d5d808feae0"]http://www.nfl.com/videos;jsessionid=CF ... 5d808feae0[/url]

Good video. Troy seems to be really focused. Tomlin made a good decision letting him do what he is comfortable with. I think he comes back as an animal.

I'll beat the dead horse. Please Dick LeBeau quit rushing Troy against 300lb linemen.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Total Access-Troy's Workout

Saw that and I agree. Troy is on his way back.

But were you a little uncomfortable with Todd Marinovich's dad being the head trainer? I don't know, it just seemed a little weird.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit

But were you a little uncomfortable with Todd Marinovich's dad being the head trainer? I don't know, it just seemed a little weird.
    Good trainers do not necessarily make good fathers, particularly when they are maniacally pushing their kid to be a pro athlete from the time he was a toddler. I don't think Todd was even allowed to eat McDonalds throughout his teenage years, so he rebelled 1000% percent after flaming out with the Raiders, opting for heroin instead.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher

Good trainers do not necessarily make good fathers, particularly when they are maniacally pushing their kid to be a pro athlete from the time he was a toddler. I don't think Todd was even allowed to eat McDonalds throughout his teenage years, so he rebelled 1000% percent after flaming out with the Raiders, opting for heroin instead.
    Totally agree. Just that Troy seems to be such a good, decent, spiritual person and Marinovich (from what we've heard about him) seems just the opposite. Just an overall weird combination I guess.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    http://www.nfl.com/videos;jsessionid=CFEDA119CC7C36450FA796BD55D2CC9E ?videoId=09000d5d808feae0

Good video. Troy seems to be really focused. Tomlin made a good decision letting him do what he is comfortable with. I think he comes back as an animal.

I'll beat the dead horse. Please bad word LeBeau quit rushing Troy against 300lb linemen.
    I'd like to get some sort of petition going concerning that...
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

No one ever questioned for one milisecond Todd Marinovich's physical abilities. He was an outstanding athlete which "Dad the trainer" gets credit for. "Dad the parent" may be a traininwreck, but it is an apples and oranges comparison.

I think a great deal of Todd's problems were Todd and personal responsibility. He got out on his own outside of the structured environment his dad created and he could no handle it. Todd being an idiot doesn't reflect at all on his Dad's ability to be trainer.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

No one ever questioned for one milisecond Todd Marinovich's physical abilities. He was an outstanding athlete which "Dad the trainer" gets credit for. "Dad the parent" may be a traininwreck, but it is an apples and oranges comparison.

I think a great deal of Todd's problems were Todd and personal responsibility. He got out on his own outside of the structured environment his dad created and he could no handle it. Todd being an idiot doesn't reflect at all on his Dad's ability to be trainer.
    But wasn't it his dad's responsibility to not only get him physically prepared but also emotionally and psychologically prepared for football - and really life in general?

I don't think its fair to call Todd an idiot. I think he was just pushed too hard for too long and that's why he rebelled.

But yeah, like I said, if the guy can get Troy back to being Troy, I'm all for it!!

Backup

User Info Menu

Troy looks great! Positive reports are coming in from all quarters. Its beginning to look very good.
    http://www.planetsteelers.com/cpg141...erpics/sth.jpg

"Success Is Determined By Attitude."
    AS Rocks

Legend

User Info Menu

But wasn't it his dad's responsibility to not only get him physically prepared but also emotionally and psychologically prepared for football - and really life in general?

I don't think its fair to call Todd an idiot. I think he was just pushed too hard for too long and that's why he rebelled.

But yeah, like I said, if the guy can get Troy back to being Troy, I'm all for it!!
    When rebeling costs you millions of dollars and the opportunity to do what many would give their right arm to do then you are an idiot. Involvement in any type of drugs automatically makes you an idiot. Its about personal responsibility. People coming from tougher situations than Todd's upper middle class background don't do the stupid things he did.

Backup

User Info Menu

http://www.nfl.com/videos;jsessionid=CFEDA119CC7C36450FA796BD55D2CC9E ?videoId=09000d5d808feae0

We agree on this. Troy works best in isolation. He needed that time out there to focus. you hit the nail on the head.