Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sporting News Ranks QBs

Legend

User Info Menu

Sporting News Ranks QBs

[url="http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=434469"]http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/vi ... p?t=434469[/url]

Ben is number 5 behind Brady, Manning, Palmer and Brees. I'll take Ben over Palmer and Brees anyday. How many Super Bowls did either of them win?
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Sporting News Ranks QBs

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=434469

Ben is number 5 behind Brady, Manning, Palmer and Brees. I'll take Ben over Palmer and Brees anyday. How many Super Bowls did either of them win?
    I'll take Ben over all of them.

Backup

User Info Menu

This media bias is really beginning to get on my nerves. Ben definitely IMO ranks in the top three. Palmer & Brees ahead of Ben! C'mon!
    http://www.planetsteelers.com/cpg141...erpics/sth.jpg

"Success Is Determined By Attitude."
    AS Rocks

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I wouldn't take anyone over Ben, but Peyton and Brady ahead of Ben is at least justifiable. Brees & especially Palmer are not.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    I wouldn't take anyone over Ben, but Peyton and Brady ahead of Ben is at least justifiable. Brees & especially Palmer are not.
    Brady and Peyton would get killed behind our o-line. We've seen both of them light up the league when they've had time in the pocket, and get shellacked when they have pressure in their faces. If you put Ben behind an above-average o-line like Brees and Palmer have and gave him plenty of time to throw, there is no limit to what he could do.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=434469

This seems to be a common mistake people make. SB wins are team accomplishments. I have a feeling that Palmer and Brees would have very successful careers if they were QBs for the Steelers.

IMO there is Manning, Brady, and then everybody else. There can be an arguement for several QBs at the 3 spot. I do not know why people get upset about this stuff. Especially when this is all based on one's opinion.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Brady and Peyton would get killed behind our o-line.
    I've been preaching this to all the Peyton lovers that I'm surrounded by. One year, Ben will have an above average line. -I hope.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Brady and Peyton would get killed behind our o-line. We've seen both of them light up the league when they've had time in the pocket, and get shellacked when they have pressure in their faces. If you put Ben behind an above-average o-line like Brees and Palmer have and gave him plenty of time to throw, there is no limit to what he could do.
    This.

Btw, how many playoff games have Palmer and Brees won...combined?

Backup

User Info Menu

If you smart, all you need to do is look at yards per attempt and third down passing.
    If a QB ranks near the top on those lists, he will have a ton of wins. All the other stuff like over all passing yards, is the most important among ESPN and sports writers, but its the least important among professional sports bettors and handicappers. Give me a QB with a great career yards per attempt average and poise on third down , and I got nothing to worry about going forward.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If Brees has one more down year I think you'll see him drop quickly. If Palmer misses the playoffs again, then I don't see how he could still be considered elite. Th e thing I'm confounded over with Ben's perception is how anyone can continuously overlook his efficiency, gaudy YPA & winning percentage.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...