Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 47

Thread: Bradshaw Admits to Steroid Use.

  1. #31
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    3,751

    Re: Bradshaw Admits to Steroid Use.

    2 time super bowl mvp
    back to back
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

    Earn Some Bitcoins


    PBMining

    http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

    I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

  2. #32

    Re: Bradshaw Admits to Steroid Use.

    Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    2 time super bowl mvp
    back to back
    Doug Williams threw 5 TD passes in the 2nd QTR of a SB.

    you can't use SB's to make your argument unless your willing to put the three QB;s I mentioned earlier ahead of MArino.

  3. #33
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    3,751

    Re: Bradshaw Admits to Steroid Use.

    you CAN use super bowls as a perimeter for how good a qb is. that IS a part of the game. it's the BIGGEST part of the game. was marino a better qb then the three you mentioned? sure was. BUT only because of the body of work he put together. it took him 16 years to be considered that great.
    AND your arguement isn't valid. Marino DID play in a super bowl, even though he lost, he still played in it. and lost to the probably the best qb in the history of game.
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

    Earn Some Bitcoins


    PBMining

    http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

    I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

  4. #34

    Re: Bradshaw Admits to Steroid Use.

    Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    you CAN use super bowls as a perimeter for how good a qb is. that IS a part of the game. it's the BIGGEST part of the game. was marino a better qb then the three you mentioned? sure was. BUT only because of the body of work he put together. it took him 16 years to be considered that great.
    .
    No it didn't. Marino was considered great after he threw 48 TD passes in like his 2nd season.

    You can't use SB wins to judge one player from the next. Its the worst argument that anyone ever tried to make. You can't tell me that Marino is better then the 3 QBs I mentioned , even though they all have Rings. But on the other hand tell me that Bradshaw is better because of his rings. You can't have it both ways.

    I guess Bill Cartwright was waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better then Patrick Ewing. After all he has THREE RINGS and Ewing has NONE. Silly argument.

  5. #35
    Hall of Famer Iron Shiek's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Splash Play City, OH
    Posts
    3,630

    Re: Bradshaw Admits to Steroid Use.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Smartmonies
    Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    you CAN use super bowls as a perimeter for how good a qb is. that IS a part of the game. it's the BIGGEST part of the game. was marino a better qb then the three you mentioned? sure was. BUT only because of the body of work he put together. it took him 16 years to be considered that great.
    .
    No it didn't. Marino was considered great after he threw 48 TD passes in like his 2nd season.

    You can't use SB wins to judge one player from the next. Its the worst argument that anyone ever tried to make. You can't tell me that Marino is better then the 3 QBs I mentioned , even though they all have Rings. But on the other hand tell me that Bradshaw is better because of his rings. You can't have it both ways.

    I guess Bill Cartwright was waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better then Patrick Ewing. After all he has THREE RINGS and Ewing has NONE. Silly argument.
    Ha no kidding. Robert Horry is the greatest basketball player in the history of the sport of basketball forever and ever til infinity....ha.

    Yeah that is a very weak argument, outside of tennis and golf, you can't be "totally" judged by championships. It helps your case, but it can't be the only factor.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

  6. #36

    Re: Bradshaw Admits to Steroid Use.

    Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel
    Talk about an over-reaction by Florio. Is this guy that oblivious to what went on back in the '70's? The use of steroids was rampant back then by many players for many reasons, so for him to sit behind his computer and cry cheating is at best irresponsible. Who knows what Bradshaw took, maybe it was Andro, or maybe it was some type of corticosteroid with a legitimate medical purpose (Shawn?). First, Florio pronounces Bradshaw dead and now he's a cheater...shut the F up dude.
    I probably injected 15-20 joints last week with kenalog which is a steroid. Physicians use them all the time to decrease inflammation and to speed recovery time. It really does depend on what type of steroid Bradshaw is referring to...not to mention it was indeed legal. One more note...steroids can be wonderful things if they are not abused. It's the overuse and the overdosing that goes on that is unhealthy.

  7. #37
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    9,215

    Re: Bradshaw Admits to Steroid Use.

    I don't see anyone using championships as the sole measuring stick for greatness...just part of the equation. Winning 4 championships in 6 years is no easy feat.

  8. #38

    Re: Bradshaw Admits to Steroid Use.

    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    I don't see anyone using championships as the sole measuring stick for greatness...just part of the equation. Winning 4 championships in 6 years is no easy feat.
    Agreed...it's something to consider. Discounting a SB win would be short sighted IMO. While it shouldn't be the sole source of determining greatness...it is most certainly a factor.

    Question...Lets take a guy like Peyton Manning. Lets say he puts up his crazy numbers year in and year out but continued choking in the big games. Would he still be great? Thank goodness for him...he finally won his.

    Another question...who would you rather have...the guy that can throw 50 TDs a season but collapses in big games or the guy who throws 24 TDs but shines when all the chips are on the table?

    While using SBs as sole reflection of greatness...is short sighted...so is discounting the big games. You must take a look at the entire body of work.

  9. #39

    Re: Bradshaw Admits to Steroid Use.

    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Hate to say it, but TB should know that there is absolutely nothing good that can come of him admitting this regardless of whether or not they were prescribed. Here comes all the BS from all the fans of other teams now.
    I have to agree with you, and if Joe Montana, Troy Aikman or Roger Starbauch came out and said what Terry did, we would be all over them.

  10. #40
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    3,751

    Re: Bradshaw Admits to Steroid Use.

    SMG i agree with you whole heartedly. Terry was also pretty much the O coordinator when he played for the steelers. granted he had a great team around him which helped him win those super bowls...
    but i'll tell you what it's those super bowl wins that in my mind make terry bradshaw a better football player than dan marino. even though terry didn't have the stats, he didn't screw up in the big game.
    MSM says ben is the best qb the steelers ever had. so is ben ready for the Hall? did he earn an MVP in the super bowl. how well has he played in the "big" games. in my mind we nearly LOST our sb because of Ben.
    now i love ben, but you can't put him over terry. that's absolutely ridiculous.
    it's what pisses me off about lebron james. yes he is a good bball player but is the best ever? people like MSM would make you believe so.
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

    Earn Some Bitcoins


    PBMining

    http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

    I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •