Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bradshaw Admits to Steroid Use.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Bradshaw Admits to Steroid Use.

SoD the only reason i put my list up there was because i was trying to show that i DO like Ben more than Terry, i just don't think he's a better qb at this point.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

More on the subject.

[url="http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_574348.html"]http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... 74348.html[/url]
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Smartmonies
    Just another reason Roethlisberger is best QB in steeler history.

1) Ben doesn't take Steriods

2) Ben would have never been benched in favor of Joe gilliam

That being Said, Bradshaw is still my 3rd favorite Steeler of all time.

My short list

1) Roethlisberger (He's like a one man Gang)
    2) Lambert (Heart and Soul)
    3) Bradshaw (Was treated unfairly by fans)
    4) Swann (added Flair to championship team)
    5) Mean Joe Green (Probably the 2nd best player ever for the Steelers)
    6) Mel blount (they had to change the rules because of him)
    7) Rod Woodson (soo fast)
    8 ) Stallworth (dependable, with deep play capability)
    9) Bettis (for years he faced 9 man fronts without passing attack, and still got job done)
    10) Plaxico Burress (we didn't have a real legit passing game until he arrived)
    Buress ahead of Jack Ham? LC Greenwood? Franco Harris?
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo

My short list

9) Bettis (for years he faced 9 man fronts without passing attack, and still got job done)
    i think the trouble is that it depends on whether the list is "your personal favorite" or "best steelers of all-time". There's a huge difference. I could see Plax on a "personal favorite" list... but, not on a "best of all time" list. Putting him on a "best" list would be like adding Hardy Nickerson to a best list.

looks to me like the comments and actions aren't distinguishing between the two.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Early April Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.84 -Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, C, Georgia
    3.98 -<tbd>
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    MSM i respect your opinion but i think it's crazy that you think ben is a better qb then terry.

when ben wins 4 sb's in 6 years maybe then we can have this discussion.

The SB wins argument doesn't fly unless your prepared to say Trent Dilfer, Doug Washington, Jeff Hostetler were all better then Dan Marino. Football is team game.
    No one player can win a SB. That is what makes football special.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo

My short list

i think the trouble is that it depends on whether the list is "your personal favorite" or "best steelers of all-time". There's a huge difference. I could see Plax on a "personal favorite" list... but, not on a "best of all time" list. Putting him on a "best" list would be like adding Hardy Nickerson to a best list.

looks to me like the comments and actions aren't distinguishing between the two.
    Let me clear that up. This list is my favorite top ten steelers of all time. And I am talking strictly on field stuff. . For example I'd much rather sit down and have dinner with Franco over Burress. But I would have Ben as the best all time player for the steelers as well. He is literally a one man gang.Franco is my only omission that I am regretting. He was like Edge james. I can remember him runnign down the sidelines and snatching a 20 yard pass right out of the air like it wa nothing. He was very versatile. But growing up you heard about Franco so much that I think I just started looking to other players.

Legend

User Info Menu

MSM i respect your opinion but i think it's crazy that you think ben is a better qb then terry.

The SB wins argument doesn't fly unless your prepared to say Trent Dilfer, Doug Washington, Jeff Hostetler were all better then Dan Marino. Football is team game.
    Doug Williams... that's who I think you meant. :P

In the end, it's hard to guage, though... you have to factor the Super Bowls in...

Many already have Tom Brady ahead of Marino... statistically, he's nowhere near him.

Joe Montana would top my QB list... it's because he made clutch plays in clutch situations...

IMO, a better way to put it is "makes big plays on a big stage".
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Early April Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.84 -Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, C, Georgia
    3.98 -<tbd>
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

but in my opinion we don't win 4 sb's with out terry. period. and look at how terry played in those sb's compared to other players. statistically he may not have had impressive seasons, but he also played when there were only 12 games in a season.

msm there are always exceptions to the rule. but consistently being the best in the league is what made terry a great ball player. Ben, tho i love him, is no where near the same league as terry.

and you can have marino over those other three. he was a much better qb, but i wouldn't put him in terry's class either. which puts ben behind marino imo.
    hell i wouldn't put ben in the top 10 qb's of all time, but i would make an arguement for terry being in the top 3. and i would win.

Backup

User Info Menu

but in my opinion we don't win 4 sb's with out terry. period. and look at how terry played in those sb's compared to other players. statistically he may not have had impressive seasons, but he also played when there were only 12 games in a season.

msm there are always exceptions to the rule. but consistently being the best in the league is what made terry a great ball player. Ben, tho i love him, is no where near the same league as terry.

and you can have marino over those other three. he was a much better qb, but i wouldn't put him in terry's class either. which puts ben behind marino imo.
    hell i wouldn't put ben in the top 10 qb's of all time, but i would make an arguement for terry being in the top 3. and i would win.
    Terry was being benched in his 4th season. Ben just got done throwing 32 TD passes in his 4th. Ben set Rookie marks in almost every category. Ben owns the highest completion percentage of any Steeler QB. Highest yards per pass of any Steeler QB. Highest passer rating thru first 50 games of his career , 2nd to only Marino. Most 4th QTR comebacks of any QB in pro football last 4 years. 2nd highest 1st QTR passer rating of any QB in profootball last 4 years. Youngest QB to ever win SB. 2nd highest Road passer rating in playoff history. I could go on and on. Pretty darn consistent if you ask me.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

4 championships in 6 years
    that is consistency that i'm looking for.