Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TE Article--I hope Ben uses them

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: TE Article--I hope Ben uses them

Quote Originally Posted by Mick'sTeam
    Good article and I'm glad to hear Spaeth has had such a good spring.

As someone said, I believe it was SMG, the organization has definitely surrounded their franchise QB with playmakers. However, I'm worried about being able to keep them all happy. I believe with the addition of Sweed, our WR group will be very good, and our RB tandem & TE tandem could be hard to beat. Unfortunately, there are only so many passes to go around. Does anyone fear that if some of these young guys don't feel they get the ball enough they could opt to leave once their rookie contracts are up?
    I think they can keep them happy as long as they win. The one who can set the tone and be a real leader is Hines. The addition of Sweed, a pass catching Mendenhall and the emergence of TEs will likely effect his opportunities the most. This is the time where he can set the example and not dwell on personal achievement, but help these younger players be better for the team much like Bettis did.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo

As someone said, I believe it was SMG, the organization has definitely surrounded their franchise QB with playmakers. However, I'm worried about being able to keep them all happy. I believe with the addition of Sweed, our WR group will be very good, and our RB tandem & TE tandem could be hard to beat. Unfortunately, there are only so many passes to go around. Does anyone fear that if some of these young guys don't feel they get the ball enough they could opt to leave once their rookie contracts are up?
    I think they can keep them happy as long as they win. The one who can set the tone and be a real leader is Hines. The addition of Sweed, a pass catching Mendenhall and the emergence of TEs will likely effect his opportunities the most. This is the time where he can set the example and not dwell on personal achievement, but help these younger players be better for the team much like Bettis did.
    This is where leadership has to step up. The Steelers have always had the "Team before individual" thing going on. If a player didn't fit that mold we let them walk (Plex - maybe, still being debated.). If the team leaders build this concept in the new guys it will be fine. If not, then adios!

Give me a team of "B-" players who are a team, over a bunch of "Me first" idiots with a few superstars any day.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo

This is where leadership has to step up. The Steelers have always had the "Team before individual" thing going on. If a player didn't fit that mold we let them walk (Plex - maybe, still being debated.). If the team leaders build this concept in the new guys it will be fine. If not, then adios!

Give me a team of "B-" players who are a team, over a bunch of "Me first" idiots with a few superstars any day.

Can and will Hines be that type of player? He already owns all the Steeler records so being that kind of player in my mind cements his place as one of the greatest ever.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Did anyone else have to do a double-take when the "Bradshaw Admits to Steroid Use" thread appeared and right next to it was this thread that said "I hope Ben uses them" in the title? My eyes must have completely glossed over the "TE article" portion of this thread title.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Did anyone else have to do a double-take when the "Bradshaw Admits to Steroid Use" thread appeared and right next to it was this thread that said "I hope Ben uses them" in the title? My eyes must have completely glossed over the "TE article" portion of this thread title.

Yes.... and nearly pooped eggrolls.