Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Steelers Rushing Rankings per down per play 2004-2007

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Steelers Rushing Rankings per down per play 2004-2007

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    MSM quoting Ray Lewis does nothing for your credibility.
    he also said he didn't kill anyone.
    Trolls are people too.

Backup

User Info Menu

I will take back the Ray Lewis comment.

BIG FAN

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Smartmonies
    I will take back the Ray Lewis comment.
    Dutch, you are learning each day.

Backup

User Info Menu

[quote=stlrz d][quote="Mr Smartmonies"e8tm49][quote="stlrz d"e8tm49][quote="Mr Smartmonies"e8tm49]
    Quote Originally Posted by "stlrz d":2ce8tm49
    2006: Ben - 18 TD; FWP - 13 TD; Total Ben pass and FWP rush TD - 31

2007: Ben - 32 TD; FWP - 2 TD; Total Ben pass and FWP rush TD - 34

Here I got one more for ya.

2006 & 2007

BEN = 50 TD'S

PARKER = 15[/quotee8tm49]

The point I was making is the correlation. In 2006 the numbers were more balanced. In 2007 Ben threw more (many more) TDs than he did in 2006. That greatly reduced the number of TD opportunities for ANY of the RBs on the squad.[/quotee8tm49]

In 2006 the Steelers had 29.5 rushes a game.

in 2007 the Steelers had 31.5 rushes a game.

And when you scan back to the top of this thread and see the Steelers were ranked 26th for rushing in the Red Zone , that is based on efficiency. Its based on how well they did running the ball inside the redzone per opportunity.That's why I said your missing the point. You are unable to grasp the efficiency angle.[/quotee8tm49]

I understand the efficiency angle and I also think there is more to it than just the numbers...like the situations. The red zone is from the 20 YL in. What was the down and distance for those red zone attempts? What was the offensive formation? What was the defensive formation? Was there an audible? Were there missed assignments? What were the plays called? It goes beyond just the numbers.[/quotee8tm49]

It all averages out over a course of a season. I could give you more of these specific stats but your just to stubborn right now to accept them. It would be a waste of my time. I also don't understand why you would need to know the down and distance inside the redzone. Whether their hiking the ball from 19 or 15 I don't see how that would change the way our rushing offense is viewed based on season long averages against their peers.

Legend

User Info Menu

MSM - I'm not too stubborn...I just happen to know you have an agenda against FWP is all. You're always quoting situational stats to further your points because you say they matter, yet circumstances inside the red zone don't matter?

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    MSM - I'm not too stubborn...I just happen to know you have an agenda against FWP is all. You're always quoting situational stats to further your points because you say they matter, yet circumstances inside the red zone don't matter?
    Yes, I just woke up one day and decided I hated Willie Parker.

And I'm waiting for you to tell me about the Red zone stats and why you need to
    know the down and distance.

Legend

User Info Menu

[quote=Mr Smartmonies]
    Quote Originally Posted by "stlrz d":2s3jxwd7
    Yes, I just woke up one day and decided I hated Willie Parker.

And I'm waiting for you to tell me about the Red zone stats and why you need to
    know the down and distance.[/quote:2s3jxwd7]

Because down and distance matters as far as plays called, personnel on the field, formations, etc. How many times did we see penalties in the red zone that backed the Steelers up yet they still attempted to run the ball? I recall seeing that more often than I care to remember'

You're one who always wants to break things down and analyze the numbers yet you stop when you get to numbers that support your POV. So why lump the RZ into just one category instead of breaking it down?

I have no problems admitting that Parker isn't an up-the-middle type back...especially behind this offensive line.

Starter

User Info Menu

mendenhall is going to be a great red zone back for us...his presence alone will lead to more red zone rushing TD's imo...

throw in a legit jump ball receiver like sweed on one side holmes on the other,big tight ends, the best slot red zone WR in hines, and our red zone package should come away with 6 more times than not...

as for our running game as a whole, i'm leaning towards our two RB's making a lot of things happen. willie is a great back and with time, mendenhall will be great as well. our offensive line (particularly center/guards) have to start beating guys at the point of attack for us to see any improvement in the effectiveness of our running game..
    "The standard is the standard" Mike Tomlin