Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cris Carters' son commits to tOSU.

Hall of Famer

Cris Carters' son commits to tOSU.

Cris Carter's son commits to Buckeyes for 2009
    ENQUIRER STAFF AND WIRE SERVICES

Duron Carter, son of Middletown native and former Ohio State wide receiver Cris Carter, has accepted a scholarship from the Buckeyes. The 6-foot-3, 180-pounder from Fort Lauderdale, Fla., is the 73rd-ranked wideout nationally. He picked OSU over Wisconsin, West Virginia and LSU.

Carter is the third wideout to commit to the Buckeyes in the 2009 class, joining Chris Fields, the top-ranked player at his position in Ohio, and James Jackson, the No. 1 receiver in Michigan.

Carter and his Fort Lauderdale St. Thomas Aquinas teammates are scheduled to play Elder in the Herbstreit Series at Paul Brown Stadium at 11 a.m. Aug. 30.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    *** BTW, when are we gonna get a "College Forum" on here so as to discus college ball?... Personally, I think it would become quite popular in the next few months...

Pro Bowler
    Lakewood, Ohio: On the Stairway TO SEVEN!!!

Re: Cris Carters' son commits to tOSU.

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Cris Carter's son commits to Buckeyes for 2009
    ENQUIRER STAFF AND WIRE SERVICES

Duron Carter, son of Middletown native and former Ohio State wide receiver Cris Carter, has accepted a scholarship from the Buckeyes. The 6-foot-3, 180-pounder from Fort Lauderdale, Fla., is the 73rd-ranked wideout nationally. He picked OSU over Wisconsin, West Virginia and LSU.

Carter is the third wideout to commit to the Buckeyes in the 2009 class, joining Chris Fields, the top-ranked player at his position in Ohio, and James Jackson, the No. 1 receiver in Michigan.

Carter and his Fort Lauderdale St. Thomas Aquinas teammates are scheduled to play Elder in the Herbstreit Series at Paul Brown Stadium at 11 a.m. Aug. 30.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    *** BTW, when are we gonna get a "College Forum" on here so as to discus college ball?... Personally, I think it would become quite popular in the next few months...
    JH: make that two votes for the college forum!

Dude, Jim Tressel owns Michigan. And he gets another legacy player. If Carter is anything like his old man, he'll be well worth the time.

This, of course, all means nothing if they can't start beating the SEC. The Bucks have no excuse. They have practically all of last year's team back. They were National Runners-Up (again). Being runner-up two years in a row is still good, but not all that acceptable.

For me, Tressel is a great recruiter. But he needs to show me more as a coach. He needs to quit getting worked over by teams he should be battling toe-to-toe with. This year will be a good test for him and his senior laden team.
    Steelers...On The STAIRWAY TO SEVEN!!!
    http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1...etsteelfk7.jpg
    ASIAN... thanks, brotha!

Hall of Famer

He's definitely a positive addition bh... I really don't get the "mind block" OSU has with the SEC, but it is quite strange... But they're gonna have alot of trouble come Sept 13th as well... ....

Sorry man, but I gotta add this (just for some innocent fun... Afterall, YOU brought up thier issue with winning the big one, not me...)......

Hall of Famer

... And bh, I have to add that you should take it as a compliment when idiots like me talk smack about the Buckeyes. It's not that I don't like them as much as it is about wanting to stir the pot with some of you diehards... It's sort of like how folks hate the Yankees, Jeff Gordon, or the Patriots [err...guess they don't count]: They all are successful within thier sport, and folks like to hate the winner.

Personally, since there was no football team from the school I graduated from, I like just about all of them... I root for Southern Cal, Florida, Pitt, Clemson, and South Carolina... I just love it all! I not only have the Sunday Ticket for the Steelers (beyond them, I'd take college over pro because I think there is more emotion and spirit involved), but I have the Gameplan, and Sports Pack. ... So basically, if there is a college game on anywhere, I can get it.

Anyway, guess I started to hijack my own thread... Yes, tOSU is going to be tough to defend if all these guys pan out in '09...

Pro Bowler

He's definitely a positive addition bh... I really don't get the "mind block" OSU has with the SEC, but it is quite strange... But they're gonna have alot of trouble come Sept 13th as well... ....

Sorry man, but I gotta add this (just for some innocent fun... Afterall, YOU brought up thier issue with winning the big one, not me...)......

They still need to get over, though!
    ASIAN... thanks, brotha!

Pro Bowler

... And bh, I have to add that you should take it as a compliment when idiots like me talk smack about the Buckeyes. It's not that I don't like them as much as it is about wanting to stir the pot with some of you diehards... It's sort of like how folks hate the Yankees, Jeff Gordon, or the Patriots [err...guess they don't count]: They all are successful within thier sport, and folks like to hate the winner.

Personally, since there was no football team from the school I graduated from, I like just about all of them... I root for Southern Cal, Florida, Pitt, Clemson, and South Carolina... I just love it all! I not only have the Sunday Ticket for the Steelers (beyond them, I'd take college over pro because I think there is more emotion and spirit involved), but I have the Gameplan, and Sports Pack. ... So basically, if there is a college game on anywhere, I can get it.

Anyway, guess I started to hijack my own thread... Yes, tOSU is going to be tough to defend if all these guys pan out in '09...

And I thought I didn't have a life

I attended Cleveland State. We've been undefeated since 1964!
    ASIAN... thanks, brotha!

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyehoppy
    And I thought I didn't have a life
    Not only do I not have a life during football season, but my fiance has to bring me food and do my shopping because I may not leave the hous on weekends, I have my moocher friends over every weekend to selfishly watch the games they're interested in without concern to mine, and when I walk down the driveway in the mornings to get the newspaper I have to squint due to the bright sunlight, and I "hiss" at everything that moves, like a vampire (late games on the west coast/Hawaii, you know)....

...Factor in the weekday college games, and my employer just seems obnoxiously inattentive... I asked for a schedule that only works from 10-2 on Tuesdays but they just won't give it to me!....

(attn: exaggerated for literary purposes...)

Chalk another one up for the Bucks. Pryor even as a freshman will get some PT in special packages. The Bucks will be the team to beat this year. It's time for Tressel to step it up.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Chalk another one up for the Bucks. Pryor even as a freshman will get some PT in special packages. The Bucks will be the team to beat this year. It's time for Tressel to step it up.
    Ohhhh Shawn.... I understand and appreciate your enthusiasim. But I really don't think they will be the "team to beat" this year. Do you expect them to be ranked as the pre-season #1? But NEXT year ('09) I definitely could not argue in any way... In '09 Prior will be going into his second season with the team, and more than likely the starter, and then toss in all the targets for him as listed at the start of this thread... But this year, I just don't see it. Florida is going to be a force, and let's not forget the loss to USC when the Buckeyes make the trek 'cross country...

...I am just not a Tressel fan regardless how I feel about OSU in general.... He does a damn fine job coaching within his comfort zone and the conference, but has major issues when going outside it to face quality opponents (another reason for this years' loss to USC). He cannot adjust... Proven against the Gators and LSU.... Maybe he is similar to Bill Cowher in the fact that he can coach like a genius and get to the end, but not win it... (They both have won it all, but not as many times as they should have...). Let him win a quality game outside of the conference sometime soon (years ago to Miami is just too long ago) then I may change my opinion, like anyone cares what I think... They even balked out of playing UC down here because they started to develop a quality program in recent years! (but it was in the contract for them to be able to, so be it, but still a weak move in my opinion). Bottom line is that they play great in conference, but don't do much else. Besides, I just hate the sweater vest alot!....

Let me remind everyone that Tressel has a National Championship, and has gotten the team there two other times. He is 1 of 3...not great but certainly nothing to laugh about. The guy can coach...I'm not sure why his teams played so flat against the SEC but I believe he will get another chance here real soon.