Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Have to laugh at the Kobe/Michael comparisons

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Have to laugh at the Kobe/Michael comparisons

Michael would of never let his team get blown out in a finals game. He carried his team.... Kobe looks like he'll be ready to point some fingers after this game is over. What a game. My hats off to the Celts. Congrats... this one is done.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Have to laugh at the Kobe/Michael comparisons

Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    this one is done.
    Thank God!..... I'm tired of NBA ruling the highlights and discussions on various channels... Sorry, I'm just not into pro basketball.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    Michael would of never let his team get blown out in a finals game. He carried his team.... Kobe looks like he'll be ready to point some fingers after this game is over. What a game. My hats off to the Celts. Congrats... this one is done.
    It took a three headed monster of Garnett, Pierce and Allen to do this. Gasol sure helped Kobe in the regular season, but he was no match for Garnett.

Starter

User Info Menu

Im not an NBA fan, but I have always beeen a Celts fan since Bird. Its all jungle ball now. But as far a Kobe vs Jordan, Jordan made his team better and brought up their level of play, whereas Kobe is a ball hog. Yes he is a spectacular athlete, and he is great when he has the ball, but he can't win by himself and he doesn't make the guys around him better. Kobe isn't in Jordan's class imo.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sd steel
    Im not an NBA fan, but I have always beeen a Celts fan since Bird. Its all jungle ball now. But as far a Kobe vs Jordan, Jordan made his team better and brought up their level of play, whereas Kobe is a ball hog. Yes he is a spectacular athlete, and he is great when he has the ball, but he can't win by himself and he doesn't make the guys around him better. Kobe isn't in Jordan's class imo.
    Nobody wins by themselves. Jordan always had a superb rebounder (HoGrant, Rodman), a big man who could hit a mid-range shot (Cartwright, Wennington) and deadly accurate 3 point shooters who could hit a shot when the D had collapsed on Jordan (Hodges, Paxson). Oh, and a pretty good player in Pippen who wasn't exactly a slacker while Jordan was gone. I'm not saying that Jordan didn't make those guys better and I'm not saying that he did either. That's right up there with the chicken and the egg argument, imo. For example, did Jordan make Hodges better because he got him open looks? I'd say no. Hodges was good enough to hit the shots whenever he got those looks. Kobe got his guys plenty of open looks and they couldn't hit the shots. How is that his fault? You see what I mean? The "Jordan made his guys better" argument is a circular one at best.

This is where you'll say that Kobe never won until he got Shaq. Let me help you (and others who believe that) out on that one. Kobe and Shaq both joined the Lakers at the same time but it took them until 2000 to win a championship. Then they won 3 together. Shaq had never won it without Kobe just as Kobe had never won it without Shaq. Shaq then went to Miami and won it with D Wade, who had neve won it without Shaq. See what I'm sayin'?

As for Kobe being a "ball hog" I would say you disqualified yourself by saying you're not an NBA fan...becasue you obviously haven't been watching.

Starter

User Info Menu

I agree AS, dont really like the Kobe/Michael comparison's...IMO Kobe is the closest thing that we currently have in the Association to Michael but that is where it ends. What is even funnier is the Lebron/Michael comparisons.

LasVegasGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ghettoscott
    I agree AS, dont really like the Kobe/Michael comparison's...IMO Kobe is the closest thing that we currently have in the Association to Michael but that is where it ends. What is even funnier is the Lebron/Michael comparisons.

Easy on Lebron the guy has game he just doesn't have a supporting cast. I agree with you guys their will only be one MJ so these comparisons are ridiculous.

Legend

User Info Menu

Lebron is the sickness. Give the guy some players. Also, the guy has more class in his pinkie than Bryant does in his entire body.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Lebron is the sickness. Give the guy some players. Also, the guy has more class in his pinkie than Bryant does in his entire body.

In 2007 LeBron single handedly placed his entire team on his shoulders and took them to the finals. Talk about no supporting casts. I think that Cleveland was dumb acquiring Ben Wallace from the Bulls. Ben's good years are behind him and all he has is his afro. They need to build a supporting cast around LeBron before he jumps ship.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Still don't understand the hate for Kobe, AS...

Anyhow, I agree with Stlrz D...and I also agree with GhettoScott and LVG.

There's only one MJ. There's only one Kobe. There's only one Lebron. I think it's silly to compare them.

As far as all out talent, ambition, and the ability to take over a game any number of ways, Kobe is the closest there is right now, bar none.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>