Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Today was a bad day to be a Steeler fan here...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Today was a bad day to be a Steeler fan here...

Alright, it all started when I went to get my Explorer washed... They now have kids doing the details (tires, rims, drying, etc...) since they are out of school. Well, he saw my Steeler emblem on the rear window, and spit on it!.... Yes, he wiped it off, but he did so because he saw me watching him... I did mention it to the manager, and tried to "half" laugh it off, but it still pissed me off!...

...Then I went to the grocery to get some supplies. I had issues with the old bitty behind the deli counter yet AGAIN. (this has happened before...) I was after 2 pounds of chipped ham so as to make ham bbq with some Isaly's bbq sauce that I have... Well, at first she said they didn't have time to do it, but then recinded and offered to chip it for me... I told her "chip it, don't slice it, or I won't take it"... Well, she freakin' sliced it! Needless to say, I had her try again, and she finally got it right... But then she wanted to put it into a simple lunchmeat bag... For those of you that know, if you put chipped ham, compressed in a bag, it re-forms into a loaf again. So I asked her to put it in a clear plastic container such as platters or whatever. I would pay the cost for the packaging, I didn't care.... She said she couldn't do it, so I responded by stating "that's funny, you all have done it for me several times"... Anyway, after going thru the deli manager, I finally got it done, but it was like trying to squeeze water from a stone if you know what I mean!

...And to top it off.... A bird shit on my same rear window on my Steeler emblem while I was in the store... No kidding!!!

...Some days it's tough being a Steeler fan in Cincinnati....

LasVegasGuy

Re: Today was a bad day to be a Steeler fan here...

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Alright, it all started when I went to get my Explorer washed... They now have kids doing the details (tires, rims, drying, etc...). Well, he saw my Steeler emblem on the rear window, and spit on it!.... Yes, he wiped it off, but he did so because he saw me watching him... I did mention it to the manager, and tried to "half" laugh it off, but it still pissed me off!...

...Then I went to the grocery to get some supplies. I had issues with the old bitty behind the deli counter yet AGAIN. (this has happened before...) I was after 2 pounds of chipped ham so as to make ham bbq with some Isaly's bbq sauce that I have... Well, at first she said they didn't have time to do it, but then recinded and offered to chip it for me... I told her "chip it, don't slice it, or I won't take it"... Well, she freakin' sliced it! Needless to say, I had her try again, and she finally got it right... But then she wanted to put it into a simple lunchmeat bag... For those of you that know, if you put chipped ham, compressed in a bag, it re-forms into a loaf again. So I asked her to put it in a clear plastic container such as platters or whatever. I would pay the cost for the packaging, I didn't care.... She said she couldn't do it, so I responded by stating "that's funny, you all have done it for me several times"... Anyway, after going thru the deli manager, I finally got it done, but it was like trying to squeeze water from a stone if you know what I mean!

...And to top it off.... A bird shit on my rear window on my Steeler emblem while I was in the store... No kidding!!!

I hope you never lost sight of the deli lady.

What is up with kids today? Spittin' on a freakin' decal while doing your job . If that was my son and he did that to someone else property I would make him lick it off. One thing he is going to learn is to respect people's property and respect his own. If I catch him doing stunts like this or doing graffitti he is going to wish the police get to him first.

Nothing aggravates me more then seeing all this graffitti around town on buildings, signs, overpasses, utility boxes, bus stops, etc. Their is no reason for it and I agree with our governor who says off with the thumb if you get caught. Then off with the other one on your next offense. Try holding a spra y paint can without a thumb pretty impossible.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy

What is up with kids today? Spittin' on a freakin' decal while doing your job . If that was my son and he did that to someone else property I would make him lick it off. One thing he is going to learn is to respect people's property and respect his own. If I catch him doing stunts like this or doing graffitti he is going to wish the police get to him first.
    Nope, she was in plain view the entire time LVG....

...Agreed on juvenile disrespect and vandalisim (that's how I view the graffiti issue)... But this kid did it with not as much hatred as I've gotten before around here, so I took it with a grain of salt as I mentioned it to his boss.... ...I've had my vehicle "keyed" and have had to replace my front license plate (Steeler logo) several times... But it is expected, and a price to pay for flying the colors in enemy territory by choice.

The chipped ham bothered me because they have done it for me before, but I always have to walk them thru the process... Sometimes it's just hard to be away from the things you love/enjoy.... So for all of you back in the 'Burgh, "never take it for granted!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

...And to top it off.... A bird shit on my same rear window on my Steeler emblem while I was in the store... No kidding!!!
    That might actually be good luck. When my wife was pregnant with our first daughter,
    she went for a walk and a bird doodied directly on her baby bump. Her mother said it
    was good luck and since her mother is always right, I believe you just received a
    sign. Super Bowl Champs baby!!!!
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts
    That might actually be good luck. When my wife was pregnant with our first daughter, she went for a walk and a bird doodied directly on her baby bump. Her mother said it was good luck and since her mother is always right, I believe you just received a sign. Super Bowl Champs baby!!!!
    ...Does it still count if I wiped it off?....

Legend

User Info Menu

I have cut people for less than that...essayyyee.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy
    Alright, it all started when I went to get my Explorer washed... They now have kids doing the details (tires, rims, drying, etc...). Well, he saw my Steeler emblem on the rear window, and spit on it!.... Yes, he wiped it off, but he did so because he saw me watching him... I did mention it to the manager, and tried to "half" laugh it off, but it still pissed me off!...

...And to top it off.... A bird shit on my rear window on my Steeler emblem while I was in the store... No kidding!!!

Nothing aggravates me more then seeing all this graffitti around town on buildings, signs, overpasses, utility boxes, bus stops, etc. Their is no reason for it and I agree with our governor who says off with the thumb if you get caught. Then off with the other one on your next offense. Try holding a spra y paint can without a thumb pretty impossible.
    Your Governor really said that? Nice.

NKy sorry about the luck, but just remember that it always pays to be a Steeler fan. A little spit, shit, & ham problem is a small price to pay compared to what those loser Bungal fans (insert Stain, or Rat fan) have to deal with each day of their miserable lives.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts
    That might actually be good luck. When my wife was pregnant with our first daughter, she went for a walk and a bird doodied directly on her baby bump. Her mother said it was good luck and since her mother is always right, I believe you just received a sign. Super Bowl Champs baby!!!!
    ...Does it still count if I wiped it off?....
    Yes.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel
    NKy sorry about the luck, but just remember that it always pays to be a Steeler fan. A little spit, shit, & ham problem is a small price to pay compared to what those loser Bungal fans ... have to deal with each day of their miserable lives.
    ...I tell my future better-half the same thing every day, but she just doesn't see the humor in it (being a Bungle fan) as much as I do. Not that I care too much.....
    (man, that one is gonna come back to haunt me somehow...)

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Alright, it all started when I went to get my Explorer washed... They now have kids doing the details (tires, rims, drying, etc...) since they are out of school. Well, he saw my Steeler emblem on the rear window, and spit on it!.... Yes, he wiped it off, but he did so because he saw me watching him... I did mention it to the manager, and tried to "half" laugh it off, but it still pissed me off!...

That goes for Cleveland, too.

Had to get that one out of the way.

Anyway, the one nice thing about being in Cleveland is that Giant Eagle is the big grocery chain here. You probably had to deal with those losers at Kroger or something.

At least the Iggle knows how to deal with Isaly's ham. I'm going to put that on the menu for next weekend and enjoy some. Been a long time since I've had Isaly's ham.

Thanks for the tip
    Steelers...On The STAIRWAY TO SEVEN!!!
    http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1...etsteelfk7.jpg
    ASIAN... thanks, brotha!