Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Today was a bad day to be a Steeler fan here...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Today was a bad day to be a Steeler fan here...

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyehoppy
    Anyway, the one nice thing about being in Cleveland is that Giant Eagle is the big grocery chain here. You probably had to deal with those losers at Kroger or something.

At least the Iggle knows how to deal with Isaly's ham. I'm going to put that on the menu for next weekend and enjoy some. Been a long time since I've had Isaly's ham.

Thanks for the tip
    You're quite welcome... And yes, it was at Kroger...

...Every so often I just have to do the bbq ham. I usually stock-up on Isaly's sauce every once in a while when I'm back there. The original sauce is pretty good, but I personally like the spicy sauce better.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeyehoppy
    Anyway, the one nice thing about being in Cleveland is that Giant Eagle is the big grocery chain here. You probably had to deal with those losers at Kroger or something.

At least the Iggle knows how to deal with Isaly's ham. I'm going to put that on the menu for next weekend and enjoy some. Been a long time since I've had Isaly's ham.

Thanks for the tip
    You're quite welcome... And yes, it was at Kroger...

...Every so often I just have to do the bbq ham. I usually stock-up on Isaly's sauce every once in a while when I'm back there. The original sauce is pretty good, but I personally like the spicy sauce better.
    I'll probably do the spicy sauce and mix in a little of the Sauce Boss's Liquid Summer [url="http://www.sauceboss.com/"]http://www.sauceboss.com/[/url] to add a little extra kick.

Do it with Pincus Bakery's Onion Rolls (they are the local bakery that supplies all the bread at HOB Cleveland) and will stir up some slaw on the side. Sounds like picnic time!

too
    Steelers...On The STAIRWAY TO SEVEN!!!
    http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1...etsteelfk7.jpg
    ASIAN... thanks, brotha!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Thanx for the suggestion.... I'll be out of town most of the week, but it's never too early to plan a weekend outdoor fest NEXT weekend.... Man, you're being awfully nice. Guess you didn't catch my dig over in the other forum yet....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I love living in this area. The weather is great and the fans are usually disgruntled. To top it all off, my neighbor is Simmons, the special teams coach. I love wearing my steelers gear to the bus stop to get my kids and find him there waiting for his youngins. Good old stinktown.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

LasVegasGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel
    Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Alright, it all started when I went to get my Explorer washed... They now have kids doing the details (tires, rims, drying, etc...). Well, he saw my Steeler emblem on the rear window, and spit on it!.... Yes, he wiped it off, but he did so because he saw me watching him... I did mention it to the manager, and tried to "half" laugh it off, but it still pissed me off!...

...Then I went to the grocery to get some supplies. I had issues with the old bitty behind the deli counter yet AGAIN. (this has happened before...) I was after 2 pounds of chipped ham so as to make ham bbq with some Isaly's bbq sauce that I have... Well, at first she said they didn't have time to do it, but then recinded and offered to chip it for me... I told her "chip it, don't slice it, or I won't take it"... Well, she freakin' sliced it! Needless to say, I had her try again, and she finally got it right... But then she wanted to put it into a simple lunchmeat bag... For those of you that know, if you put chipped ham, compressed in a bag, it re-forms into a loaf again. So I asked her to put it in a clear plastic container such as platters or whatever. I would pay the cost for the packaging, I didn't care.... She said she couldn't do it, so I responded by stating "that's funny, you all have done it for me several times"... Anyway, after going thru the deli manager, I finally got it done, but it was like trying to squeeze water from a stone if you know what I mean!

...And to top it off.... A bird shit on my rear window on my Steeler emblem while I was in the store... No kidding!!!

...Some days it's tough being a Steeler fan in Cincinnati....

I hope you never lost sight of the deli lady.

What is up with kids today? Spittin' on a freakin' decal while doing your job . If that was my son and he did that to someone else property I would make him lick it off. One thing he is going to learn is to respect people's property and respect his own. If I catch him doing stunts like this or doing graffitti he is going to wish the police get to him first.

Nothing aggravates me more then seeing all this graffitti around town on buildings, signs, overpasses, utility boxes, bus stops, etc. Their is no reason for it and I agree with our governor who says off with the thumb if you get caught. Then off with the other one on your next offense. Try holding a spra y paint can without a thumb pretty impossible.
    Your Governor really said that? Nice.

NKy sorry about the luck, but just remember that it always pays to be a Steeler fan. A little spit, shit, & ham problem is a small price to pay compared to what those loser Bungal fans (insert Stain, or Rat fan) have to deal with each day of their miserable lives.

Here's the link. [url="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9927522/"]http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9927522/[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

I try to avoid any unnecessary trouble like that here in Philly. Although most Eagles fans do not hate Steelers fans, it is that one or two that can be a bit extreme in their actions. I've probably had a thing or two done to my food in restaurants while watching the game with my Steeler's gear.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL
    I've probably had a thing or two done to my food in restaurants while watching the game with my Steeler's gear.

When I suspect this, I just think to myself: "What I don't know, wont hurt me."

Backup

User Info Menu

When I read heart breaking threads like this it really makes me reconsider my stance on abortion... At least consider it into the early twenties. Possibly thirties in the surrounding areas such as Cleveland, Cincinnati and or Baltimore. Just a thought is all...
    [url="http://www.planetsteelers.com/cpg1416/a"]http://www.planetsteelers.com/cpg1416/a[/url] ... ics/ky.jpg

Legend

User Info Menu

A spit shine is the best shine. but it needs to be buffed with the nose of the spitter.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

from my point of view, it's NEVER a bad day to be a Steeler fan!