Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 46

Thread: Dixon: Steal of the Draft?

  1. #1

    Dixon: Steal of the Draft?

    http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_571850.html

    I have liked the pick from the beginning. Can he take those obvious gifts to the next level?
    2015 NFL Draft
    1) Kevin Johnson-DB
    2) Danielle Hunter-OLB
    3) TJ Yeldon-RB
    4) Jeff Heuerman-TE
    5) Adrian Amos-FS
    6) Kyle Emmanuel-OLB
    6) Antwan Goodley-WR
    7) Shane Carden-QB

  2. #2
    Guest

    Re: Dixon: Steal of the Draft?

    You and me both shawn. Dixon isnt anything like a Vince Young. This kid can actually throw the football. There will be a lot of suprized Steelers fans when they see this kid play.


  3. #3
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Woooooo!!!
    Posts
    3,001

    Re: Dixon: Steal of the Draft?

    Ok. Is he going to be groomed to be purely a backup QB? If so, that is a good thing. Getting a quality backup QB is good, but I don't know that I would qualify that, by itself, as a steal.

    Is he going to be a Slash or ARE type player as well?? NOw we could be getting closer to a steal.

    Will he be turned around as trade bait in a year or 2? If so, what would we get for him? Probably a third round, tops. So, that would be a good thing, but is that a "steal".

    Don't get me wrong -- it probably was a decent, value pick. But he probably won't be content to play 2nd string QB forever, so he is probably gone after the first contract -- unless we get some trade value.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

  4. #4
    Backup
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    cranberry township pa
    Posts
    269

    Re: Dixon: Steal of the Draft?

    When Dixon first visited the FO I really did'nt believe that he would be drafted by the Steelers. My thinking was right along with everyone else in that...he's a very good athlete, a playmaker. He might make a good slash if the Steelers picked him. Now according to the FO he's going to be a QB all the way. I'm alright with that. He adds much value for a #5 pick. If he develops into the real deal we could be looking at some future high draft picks or at the very least some good insurance should God forbid Ben go down.
    I believe the Steelers picked up some momentum with this draft. All indications are that there is a visible air of excitement during the OTAs. That same momentum will carry thru camp and into the regular season. It has been a long time since I have been this excited about a Steeler team. Barring serious injury to key players 11-4 or 12-3 is within reach IMO.
    http://www.planetsteelers.com/cpg141...erpics/sth.jpg






    "Success Is Determined By Attitude."
    AS Rocks

  5. #5

    Re: Dixon: Steal of the Draft?

    Dixon is not really a slash type player...he is a QB first...he can run second. I believe the Steelers drafted him...to groom him to be a back up. But, I think year 2-3 he will prove to be good enough to start for most NFL teams. He has a gun, he throws a very catchable ball...he can throw the deep post...he can place a ball with touch or laser it between defenders. Oh yea...then he can scramble a bit. He is the complete package at QB. We got ourselves a steal folks. The question...what will we do with him? Trade Bait? Back up?
    2015 NFL Draft
    1) Kevin Johnson-DB
    2) Danielle Hunter-OLB
    3) TJ Yeldon-RB
    4) Jeff Heuerman-TE
    5) Adrian Amos-FS
    6) Kyle Emmanuel-OLB
    6) Antwan Goodley-WR
    7) Shane Carden-QB

  6. #6

    Re: Dixon: Steal of the Draft?

    PS Dixon scored a 27 on the Wonderlic. The guy is sharp.
    2015 NFL Draft
    1) Kevin Johnson-DB
    2) Danielle Hunter-OLB
    3) TJ Yeldon-RB
    4) Jeff Heuerman-TE
    5) Adrian Amos-FS
    6) Kyle Emmanuel-OLB
    6) Antwan Goodley-WR
    7) Shane Carden-QB

  7. #7
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    22,770

    Re: Dixon: Steal of the Draft?

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelHoss
    When Dixon first visited the FO I really did'nt believe that he would be drafted by the Steelers. My thinking was right along with everyone else in that...he's a very good athlete, a playmaker. He might make a good slash if the Steelers picked him. Now according to the FO he's going to be a QB all the way. I'm alright with that. He adds much value for a #5 pick. If he develops into the real deal we could be looking at some future high draft picks or at the very least some good insurance should God forbid Ben go down.
    I believe the Steelers picked up some momentum with this draft. All indications are that there is a visible air of excitement during the OTAs. That same momentum will carry thru camp and into the regular season. It has been a long time since I have been this excited about a Steeler team. Barring serious injury to key players 11-4 or 12-3 is within reach IMO.
    Planning on skipping the final regular season game, Hoss? J/K


    To JAX 1.22 (780 pts)
    To PIT 2.36 (540 pts) + 3.67 (255 pts) = 795 pts

    2.36 OLB Eli Harold 6'3" 247 Virginia
    2.56 TE Clive Walford 6'4" 251 Miami
    3.67 CB Alex Carter 6'0" 196 Stanford
    3.87 CB Ifo Ekpre-Olomu 5'9" 192 Oregon
    4.121 OT Donovan Smith 6'6" 338 Penn St
    5.160 FS Adrian Amos 6'0" 218 Penn St
    6.199 WR Stefon Diggs 6'0" 195 Maryland
    6.212 OLB Kyle Emanuel 6'3" 255 North Dakota St
    7.239 RB John Crockett 6'0" 217 North Dakota St

  8. #8
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    22,770

    Re: Dixon: Steal of the Draft?

    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    PS Dixon scored a 27 on the Wonderlic. The guy is sharp.
    Another attribute that separates Dixon from Vince Young, who, by all accounts, seems to have the mental acuity of a granite slab.


    To JAX 1.22 (780 pts)
    To PIT 2.36 (540 pts) + 3.67 (255 pts) = 795 pts

    2.36 OLB Eli Harold 6'3" 247 Virginia
    2.56 TE Clive Walford 6'4" 251 Miami
    3.67 CB Alex Carter 6'0" 196 Stanford
    3.87 CB Ifo Ekpre-Olomu 5'9" 192 Oregon
    4.121 OT Donovan Smith 6'6" 338 Penn St
    5.160 FS Adrian Amos 6'0" 218 Penn St
    6.199 WR Stefon Diggs 6'0" 195 Maryland
    6.212 OLB Kyle Emanuel 6'3" 255 North Dakota St
    7.239 RB John Crockett 6'0" 217 North Dakota St

  9. #9
    Pro Bowler Jigawatts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Around The Way, OH
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: Dixon: Steal of the Draft?

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    PS Dixon scored a 27 on the Wonderlic. The guy is sharp.
    Another attribute that separates Dixon from Vince Young, who, by all accounts, seems to have the mental acuity of a granite slab.
    What's acuity mean? I only got a 7 on my wonderlic and am confused.

  10. #10
    Guest

    Re: Dixon: Steal of the Draft?

    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    PS Dixon scored a 27 on the Wonderlic. The guy is sharp.
    Another fine point by SMG.

    ANd to add what you said above...yes he is more of a passer than he is a running QB. But dont get fooled...he can run.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •