Thread: I want to be...a Macho Man!!

I want to be...a Macho Man!!

SteelerBob has pimped this guy for the past couple of years and I too wanna get on this bandwagon. Victor Harris very easily could be a Steeler target late in round 1 in 2009.

This is the prototypical 3-4 CB. Very physical, very tough. Not a pure cover man but more of an all-around type. I love the way this kid squares up with discipline on anything in front of him. Watch this clip and notice the play where there is a WR screen to Harris' side. Watch how Harris comes up, not to fast but in control, giving himself enough room between himself, the sideline, and the receiver. Harris makes sure the WR stays inside of him and then squares up and flat out levels hims. I also like how on another play in this clip, one where there is a deep sideline route, how Harris turns towards the sideline in an outside-inside move looking back and picking up the ball all in one fluid motion. This is what scouts look for in a corners hips and how fluid he is in his turns. Harris has tremendous break on the ball. Comes foward with authority. He plays with a mean streak and a very aggressive demenor.

I think Harris could also play free safety in the NFL and do it well.l

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZXNWToI49c&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZXNWToI ... re=related[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: I want to be...a Macho Man!!

I don't want to paint myself into a corner by reaching for a need instead of picking the best available player, but I would find it hard to believe if we didn't use both of our first day picks next year on guys that are roughly twice the size of this Macho kid, playing in the trenches on either side of the line of scrimmage. I think the secondary will be our third biggest need, but getting young, big ugly fellas will be the top priority without question.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    I don't want to paint myself into a corner by reaching for a need instead of picking the best available player, but I would find it hard to believe if we didn't use both of our first day picks next year on guys that are roughly twice the size of this Macho kid, playing in the trenches on either side of the line of scrimmage. I think the secondary will be our third biggest need, but getting young, big ugly fellas will be the top priority without question.

Absofugginlutely! Word, RB.

Legend

User Info Menu

"My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

DVS,

On Walter's Football Site (one of the better draft sites around in my opinion), I found an early three round '09 mock that you should love. He projects Max Unger, OT, Oregon to us at #23 in the first, then your boy Victor Harris, CB, Virginia Tech in round two, and finally somebody you've been pimping for a couple of years now, Jeremy Perry, G, Oregon State in the third. I know it is a pipe dream now, 10 months away from the next draft, but if that's the way it happened to fall, I'm sure you'd be delighted (provided that we add d-line depth with the comp pick we get for Faneca at the end of the third...hopefully).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Legend

User Info Menu

Yup!
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille
    Only the leather guy and the cowboy were YMCA kinds of guys (in the 70s sense. I swam at the YMCA in the 60's and it was all very OK then). Oh, and the Indian chief and the construction worker too. Reports are too unreliable to know about the cop.

The Army dude became a pro-wrestling manager, and then later went on to get a doctorate in astrophysics. He's since retired and is now running a florist shop in San Francisco.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I would agree that has to be their priority...AGAIN...going into the draft! I think OL priority will be impacted with Smith or Starks being locked up long term. I could also see where CB could be just as big. If McFadden proves to be the CB they expect him to be this year, He becomes one of the top priorities! Townsend will not be a Bandaid any longer for the Steelers. If McFadden isn't locked up long term and lost to FA...I could see the Steelers going CB in the 1st! CB will be the Steeler's "Weakest" position without McFadden right next to DL. I'm not willing to put the OL in the same class just yet until I can see what the young players can bring to the table this year. So...I think there are several ways to look at it....

(McFadden and Smith or Starks Signed Long Term)
    1st - DL should be the target. OL most likely secondary if no DL left. Just like this year if no DL or OL grade out at their pick...BPA! Possible trade up for DL/OL because the Steelers will most likely have (2) 3rds. Maybe a 1st & 3rd to jump up into the top 20 or somebody might have "Steeler" written all over him and the Steelers use their 1st & 2nd to get inside the top 15.

(McFadden Lost to FA / Smith or Starks Signed Long Term )
    1st - I actually think CB would be as high a priority as DL. Loosing McFadden, if he plays well this year, might not be realistic. I'm sure the Steelers will give him a high tender that would net a 1st. But, if he doesn't play well the Steelers will be looking for a #2 CB. DL would be a high priority also. OL probably 3rd on the list.

(McFadden Lost to FA / Smith & Starks Lost to FA)
    1st - I think OL is high priority. CB would be next on the list...DL 3rd. I don't see this happening unless McFadden gets benched and Smith can't recover to old form. Let's hope this doen't happen because it will be a long 2009!

(What I actually think will happen)
    McFadden will be signed Long term after solid year. He will get a high tender and be here at least next year.
    Marvel Smith will have good year and hit open market. He will get $7mil plus a year to play somewhere else. Thanks for the memories!
    Starks will be locked up long term and compete with Hills for LT spot. Lord have Mercy!!!

1st - I think having (2) 3rds will make next years draft interesting. I think the Steelers try to get a DL by moving up if nobody is graded where they pick. If they go BPA because they couldn't move up for a DL and/or nobody is graded at their pick...I think it will be on the defensive side of the ball at CB, ILB, or S.
    Just my thoughts...

Bob

Thanks for the love DVS. I've changed my handle over here a bit but none-the-less, same ole Bob.

I tried to tell people last year that he was the best CB at VT, not Flowers. Flowers got the pub, but, the VT staff stuck him on the boundry side for a reason.