Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How can you be statistically..

How can you be statistically..

..in the top 5 all-time at your position, have 4 super bowl rings, 5 pro bowl appearances, and not be in the Hall of Fame? Or better yet...not even be mentioned or considered for election into the hall of fame??

The biggest omission for a Hall of Fame in all of sports.

I just don't get this. And I don't understand why there isn't an out-cry amongst his teammates, team ownership, the media, and the fans of his team.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: How can you be statistically..

Maybe they don't know his name?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Yes, Shell should be in, but I truly believe that there is a certain "bias" against the Steelers at this point.... Hell, they don't want the whole squad in there, do they? ... Let's not forget that Dawson ain't there yet either... And he was one of the best at the position.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

IMO Donnie Shell and LC Greenwood should both be in the hall. I never understood the too many Steelers thing. That is crap. If they were the best at their position at the time they played, won multiple championships, you should probably be in.
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNation1
    I never understood the too many Steelers thing. That is crap. If they were the best at their position at the time they played, won multiple championships, you should probably be in.
    I agree, but you're preaching to the choir.....

Backup

User Info Menu

You have to understand that the Hall of Fame voting is made up of Voters like Peter King. Last Year Peter King had Jon Kitna as the 9th best QB and BigBen as #17.
    How this guy has a hall of fame vote is beyond my comprehension.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Smartmonies
    You have to understand that the Hall of Fame voting is made up of Voters like Peter King. Last Year Peter King had Jon Kitna as the 9th best QB and BigBen as #17.
    ...What denotes a voting position? ....Who gets them, and why?

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Smartmonies
    I don't know exactly. I know you have to be a media member. Beat writers mostly get to vote. I think their are like 45 voters or something like that.

They would be better off Using sports handicappers.

Legend

User Info Menu

[quote=Mr Smartmonies]
    Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Smartmonies":2bdo00ca
    I don't know exactly. I know you have to be a media member. Beat writers mostly get to vote. I think their are like 45 voters or something like that.

They would be better off Using sports handicappers.[/quote:2bdo00ca]

I think they should give living Hall of Famers a say in who deserves to join them in Canton. Shouldn't guys who played against the candidates have a better opinion than guys eating doughnuts up in the pressbox? Normally, I don't think the NCAA does many things better than the NFL (I hate the BCS over a playoff system, hate the college OT, etc.), but letting past Heisman winners vote for the Heisman each year makes sense to me.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    hate the college OT
    You gotta be kidding me?!.... Why do you hate the college OT system?!.... Personally, I wish the NFL would institute something along these lines so both teams are guaranteed to touch the ball. ... Granted, I do not care for the positioning of the ball and removing the kickoff from the equation, but it is still pretty damn good compared to what is seen on Sundays I think...