Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Underrated Cancelled Shows

Underrated Cancelled Shows

Have you ever gotten really into a TV show when the rug is pulled out and it gets
    cancelled? And you are like wha? Name your top underrated shows that got the rug pulled prematurely.

1) "V"...crazy alien show that had them fine dining on humans. I absolutely loved this show as a kid.

2) Family Guy...yanked very early...then found popularity with the college scene then syndicated. I believe it found its greatest popularity long after it was cancelled.

3) Freaks and Geeks: Terrific HS show that had it all....drugs, sex, and rock and roll. Great show.

4) Dark Angel: Jessica Alba...need I say more?

whats yours?

Hall of Famer

Re: Underrated Cancel Shows

I think "The Unit" was cancelled this season (with Dennis Hayesbert)... I really liked that show.

"SportsNight" was also a favorite... (a copoff of ESPNs' sportscenter)

...Isn't Family Guy currently running on Sunday nights on Fox along with thier other cartoons?...

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

"Arrested Development" was a great show and I know there was a lot of hubbub by devoted followers when that wasn't renewed. I got into it on DVD after it was already cancelled though.

Of course, the sudden loss of "Chappelle's Show" at the top of its game was the one that left me most disappointed, even though it was Dave that pulled the plug himself instead of Comedy Central.

You know, I had a couple that were cancelled after last season that I was really bummed out about. Namely Carpoolers, Big Shots and Notes from the Underbelly. Stupid comedies are a big hit with me. I'm still really bummed knowing this will be the last season for The Shield. I know it isn't as good as it has been, and it really isn't getting cancelled, they are just quitting, but I was there from episode 1, and I feel like it's a part of the family.

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    I think "The Unit" was cancelled this season (with Dennis Hayesbert)... I really liked that show.

...Isn't Family Guy currently running on Sunday nights on Fox along with thier other cartoons?...
    I know they show it...not sure if they are new. What I know about Family Guy is it was cancelled. Awhile later it became a college dorm hit....I believe via DVD. Then it either got picked up again or syndicated. Maybe someone here knows the exact history. Either way...terrific show.

Legend

ESPN's Playmakers

CBS' Love Monkey

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler

I know they show it...not sure if they are new. What I know about Family Guy is it was cancelled. Awhile later it became a college dorm hit....I believe via DVD. Then it either got picked up again or syndicated. Maybe someone here knows the exact history. Either way...terrific show.
    Couldn't tell you the exact history without looking it up, but I know it was canceled
    at least once, then syndicated on the cartoon networks adult swim. I believe at
    that time it was one of the highest rated syndicated shows. It got picked up again
    and might have even been canceled one more time before Fox decided to pick it up
    once more. Yes, new episodes do appear on Sunday nights.

Uncle Rico

Dog the Bounty Hunter, no doubt. That cancellation was just plain WRONG!!!!!!!

Hall of Famer

I always like Wiseguy. (about a deep undercover dude).
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Quote Originally Posted by Notleadpoisoned
    Dog the Bounty Hunter, no doubt. That cancellation was just plain WRONG!!!!!!!
    Didn't it get cancelled because Dog got arrested or something?