Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets end the Kobe is as good as Mike comments

Lets end the Kobe is as good as Mike comments

please

Michael jordan would have never allowed that to happen. Jordan would have died on the court first. Kobe bryant deferred to his teammates so much that it was like he knew they would lose and didn't want to take responsiblity for it. Hey, I know the Celtics were a good defensive team. But since when did a hobbled Paul Pierce become such a great defensive player? rondo ? pleeeeease. Jordan would have never allowed that guy to guard him. I hope I never hear some 18 year old ever again tell me Kobe is as good as Mike. Please stop with that nonsense already.

BIG FAN

Re: Lets end the Kobe is as good as Mike comments

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Smartmonies
    please

Michael jordan would have never allowed that to happen. Jordan would have died on the court first. Kobe bryant deferred to his teammates so much that it was like he knew they would lose and didn't want to take responsiblity for it. Hey, I know the Celtics were a good defensive team. But since when did a hobbled Paul Pierce become such a great defensive player? rondo ? pleeeeease. Jordan would have never allowed that guy to guard him. I hope I never hear some 18 year old ever again tell me Kobe is as good as Mike. Please stop with that nonsense already.
    Got to agree with you on this. To compare at this point would be like saying, "Be like Mike= Where's Kobe?"

Completely agree. Kobe is nothing like Mike. Phil tries to make comparisons, but they just fail. The guy yells at his teammates trying to be "a leader." He just looks like an idiot. When Michael was getting double and tripled is when he elevated his game to levels unimaginable. Passing or scoring.... Michael still has no peer in his sport. When did Michael ever score 17 points in a playoff game... much less an NBA Final. When his teammates need him to put them on his back and score lights out.... he failed. I hope Kobe never gets another ring. I hate no other player more in the NBA. The guy is talented, but epitomizes selfishness and doesn't have the maturity to evolve his game to the next level.... and that's being a true figurehead who leads by example in the clutch. Word, MSM.

BIG FAN

On a personal note.
    Big diamond to wife doe's not erase INFEDELITY.
    I know it sounds old-fasioned, but isn't OLD SCHOOL just as old fashioned.
    I dont think you can be great without being of decent charicter, and he showed his to a Celtic's team they could have beat, just when his team needed him most.

Legend

The Celts double and triple teamed Kobe. His teammates didn't come through when they had open shots due to the Celts collapsing on Kobe. He did what he was supposed to do. If he had tried to fight through it and throw up ridiculous shots he'd be skewered for not getting his teammates the ball when they were open. Doesn't matter what he does...if they don't win the haters will label him accordingly. Either he was a ball hog if he didn't give it up or if he does then he's a failure for not taking over.

Let's not bring out the "C" word (character) either. Although it was never publicized or proven concretely, all through MJ's career there were whisperings of infidelities. And MJ was legendary for screaming at his teammates for poor performance. Even in practice. Ask Will Perdue and Steve Kerr what they think of MJ and his character...both happen to be recipients of MJ knockout punches. Both were largely disrespected by Jordan. Ask Craig Hodges what he thinks of MJ...differences of opinion resulted in Hodges not only being dumped by the Bulls, but dumped by the league! Oh yeah, Horace Grant, from what I've read, was NOT a fan of Jordan's either. I'm sure there are plenty of others on that list.

Jordan was a legendary basketball player, but he was no saint either. If you don't like Kobe then admit it and leave it at that. The rest of what I see here could largely be described as nitpickery.

PS - AS I believe there were a few playoff games against Detroit in which MJ failed to deliver. I'm pulling this from memory, but I think I recall a game in which he only had single digit points.

I concur and when Michael Jordan's Bulls were undermanned against a Celtic team that won the title Jordan hung 63 on them and almost singlehandedly won a playoff game.

Michael was the best basketball player ever and that includes all the bigs.

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    The Celts double and triple teamed Kobe. His teammates didn't come through when they had open shots due to the Celts collapsing on Kobe. He did what he was supposed to do. If he had tried to fight through it and throw up ridiculous shots he'd be skewered for not getting his teammates the ball when they were open. Doesn't matter what he does...if they don't win the haters will label him accordingly. Either he was a ball hog if he didn't give it up or if he does then he's a failure for not taking over.

Let's not bring out the "C" word (character) either. Although it was never publicized or proven concretely, all through MJ's career there were whisperings of infidelities. And MJ was legendary for screaming at his teammates for poor performance. Even in practice. Ask Will Perdue and Steve Kerr what they think of MJ and his character...both happen to be recipients of MJ knockout punches. Both were largely disrespected by Jordan. Ask Craig Hodges what he thinks of MJ...differences of opinion resulted in Hodges not only being dumped by the Bulls, but dumped by the league! Oh yeah, Horace Grant, from what I've read, was NOT a fan of Jordan's either. I'm sure there are plenty of others on that list.

Jordan was a legendary basketball player, but he was no saint either. If you don't like Kobe then admit it and leave it at that. The rest of what I see here could largely be described as nitpickery.

PS - AS I believe there were a few playoff games against Detroit in which MJ failed to deliver. I'm pulling this from memory, but I think I recall a game in which he only had single digit points.
    Jordan was not only double and tripled team by Detroit, but the had invented the Jordan Rules. He was being double and triple teamed by world class defenders such as Joe Dumars, a young worm in Dennis rodman, Lambeer , could go on and on. I never said Kobe should have won the series. Celtics were the better team. But in the moments that his team needed him the most, he kept deferring. Jordan would have died on the court.
    Sorry Stirs , but this isn't kobe hate. This is fact.

Legend

[quote=Mr Smartmonies]
    Quote Originally Posted by "stlrz d":1lowqpb2

Jordan was not only double and tripled team by Detroit, but the had invented the Jordan Rules. He was being double and triple teamed by world class defenders such as Joe Dumars, a young worm in Dennis rodman, Lambeer , could go on and on. I never said Kobe should have won the series. Celtics were the better team. But in the moments that his team needed him the most, he kept deferring. Jordan would have died on the court.
    Sorry Stirs , but this isn't kobe hate. This is fact.[/quote:1lowqpb2]

The hate part comes in when no matter what Kobe does people rip him for it. If he had kept the ball to himself and failed people would be trashing him for not getting his teammates involved. Instead he tried to get them involved and now the haters trash him for that. There's simply no end to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Smartmonies
    please

Did you watch the series? Any time Kobe got inside the foul line there was 4 people on him if not 5. He HAD to defer, and a lot of the time his teammates did not step up.

Granted, he came out on fire the last couple games then cooled off early, but that happens to every player. MJ wasn't 20 for 20 every game of his life, ya know...

I'm 33, and I'll tell you Kobe is as good as Mike in his own way. They...aren't...the...same...person...

Again, it wasn't "Pierce guarding him", it was a damn good defensive scheme that involved smothering Kobe any time he stepped within the 3 point line.

Odom? Inconsistent and barely there for most of the finals.

Gasol? Same.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d

Dude, didn't read your post before I submitted my last one.

Spot on, and carry on my good sir.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>