Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Inside Slant: The Latest...

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Inside Slant: The Latest...

I agree that this article is very slanted....maybe that is why they call it "Inside Slant".

First, it talks about how Faneca left reluctantly. Forgive me if I am wrong, but I failed to notice the reluctance in the way he acted last year.

Then, the writer forgets that Marvel has missed a ton of games over the past few years, mostly due to back problems. If he goes out and performs pain free, then I can see the team willingly stepping up. But, why would they do that now with a 30 year old player who plays at one of the highest salaried positions in the game? At least I like his attitude a lot more than the way Faneca behaved last year.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o.
    I agree that this article is very slanted....maybe that is why they call it "Inside Slant".
    Sorry.... But what do you expect from the USA Today....

Legend

User Info Menu

well, a few things will impact Marvel and his money... how the current OTs perform (including how Tony Hills develops)...

Next year's Tackle class looks like it'll be loaded with o-linemen...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille
    well, a few things will impact Marvel and his money... how the current OTs perform (including how Tony Hills develops)...

This might be what the doctor will need to order come next April. I hope not, but it may be....

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Inside Slant

The Steelers are taking the same approach in negotiations with another valuable offensive lineman .
    I hear they plan to let smith go and use that money to give Nick eason 7 million next year.

Legend

User Info Menu

Team will probably have to finish with a poor record to get one.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL

Some of the o-linemen will almost surely go quite early, like Michael Oher and Andre Smith, but there should be talent available in the latter portion of the first as well, like, say, tackles Phil Loadholt or Alex Boone or guards Duke Robinson or Jeremy Perry.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher

Some of the o-linemen will almost surely go quite early, like Michael Oher and Andre Smith, but there should be talent available in the latter portion of the first as well, like, say, tackles Phil Loadholt or Alex Boone or guards Duke Robinson or Jeremy Perry.
    I'm not sure Guard will be an early priority. I have the same opinion as last year, if you can't get an OT who is an immediate starter go for the best DL available first.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo

I'm not sure Guard will be an early priority. I have the same opinion as last year, if you can't get an OT who is an immediate starter go for the best DL available first.
    Okay, then...Tyson Jackson will likely be gone before we pick, but what about possibly having a shot at Fili Moala or Vince Oghobaase?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo

Okay, then...Tyson Jackson will likely be gone before we pick, but what about possibly having a shot at Fili Moala or Vince Oghobaase?
    Sounds good to me. I am watching this year for DL that emerge over the course of the season. Not sure who will come out on top, but I'd like to see us get va couple DLmen next year.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"