Thread: NFL Network could partner with ESPN

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

NFL Network could partner with ESPN

BY JOHN KIESEWETTER | [email="JKIESEWETTER@ENQUIRER.COM"]JKIESEWETTER@ENQUIRER.COM[/email]

The Wall Street Journal reported Friday on its Web site that ESPN is in talks to partner with the NFL Network.

The paper, which sited unidentified sources, reported the two sides might combine the NFL Network with ESPN Classic.

Many cable operators, including Time Warner, have refused to carry the NFL Network.

The sides differ on how much cable customers should have to pay for NFL Network content. As a result, Time Warner customers did not see some NFL games that were carried exclusively on the NFL Network last year.

The Journal said the potential ESPN-NFL deal would "bring to a face-saving end an embarrassing episode for the NFL and a bitter stand-off between the league and four of the nation's largest cable operators."

LasVegasGuy

Re: NFL Network could partner with ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    BY JOHN KIESEWETTER | [email="JKIESEWETTER@ENQUIRER.COM"]JKIESEWETTER@ENQUIRER.COM[/email]

The Wall Street Journal reported Friday on its Web site that ESPN is in talks to partner with the NFL Network.

The paper, which sited unidentified sources, reported the two sides might combine the NFL Network with ESPN Classic.

Many cable operators, including Time Warner, have refused to carry the NFL Network.

The sides differ on how much cable customers should have to pay for NFL Network content. As a result, Time Warner customers did not see some NFL games that were carried exclusively on the NFL Network last year.

The Journal said the potential ESPN-NFL deal would "bring to a face-saving end an embarrassing episode for the NFL and a bitter stand-off between the league and four of the nation's largest cable operators."

Great take something bearable and now make in unbearable. I guess 2 channels for the Patriots isn't enough EPSN needs 3.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy

Great take something bearable and now make in unbearable. I guess 2 channels for the Patriots isn't enough EPSN needs 3.
    Ugh. This would be Pats overkill! But, if this would allow the games that are on the NFL network to be available to all customers, that would be a positive.

Administrator

User Info Menu

I hope this doesn't happen. ESPN has been horrible that past few years.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jhansle1
    Agreed... The only positive would be a broader range of coverage for games... My dad, for example, doesn't have NFLN, so he misses those games... Beyond that aspect, I see nothing good coming from it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I have their ad slogan. Just dredged it from my nut $ack:

ESPNFL...all Patriots*, all the time!!!
    Steelers...On The STAIRWAY TO SEVEN!!!
    http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1...etsteelfk7.jpg
    ASIAN... thanks, brotha!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyehoppy
    I have their ad slogan. Just dredged it from my nut $ack:

ESPNFL...all Patriots*, all the time!!!
    Now you went and done it. You brought up the name! Just when everything was going so smoothly too. At least you used the loser smiley in the same post, so that was good.

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jhansle1
    Agreed... The only positive would be a broader range of coverage for games... My dad, for example, doesn't have NFLN, so he misses those games... Beyond that aspect, I see nothing good coming from it.
    Well, I don't know what's worse, that, or what ESPN has become lately . . ESPNBA