Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: Inside Slant: The Latest...

  1. #11

    Re: Inside Slant: The Latest...

    I agree that this article is very slanted....maybe that is why they call it "Inside Slant".

    First, it talks about how Faneca left reluctantly. Forgive me if I am wrong, but I failed to notice the reluctance in the way he acted last year.

    Then, the writer forgets that Marvel has missed a ton of games over the past few years, mostly due to back problems. If he goes out and performs pain free, then I can see the team willingly stepping up. But, why would they do that now with a 30 year old player who plays at one of the highest salaried positions in the game? At least I like his attitude a lot more than the way Faneca behaved last year.

  2. #12
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,113

    Re: Inside Slant: The Latest...

    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o.
    I agree that this article is very slanted....maybe that is why they call it "Inside Slant".
    Sorry.... But what do you expect from the USA Today....

  3. #13

    Re: Inside Slant: The Latest...

    well, a few things will impact Marvel and his money... how the current OTs perform (including how Tony Hills develops)...

    Next year's Tackle class looks like it'll be loaded with o-linemen...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!
    Team Needs, 2015 Draft (In order of need): CB, NT, OLB, FS, DE

  4. #14
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    South West Indiana
    Posts
    2,091

    Re: Inside Slant: The Latest...

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille
    well, a few things will impact Marvel and his money... how the current OTs perform (including how Tony Hills develops)...

    Next year's Tackle class looks like it'll be loaded with o-linemen...

    This might be what the doctor will need to order come next April. I hope not, but it may be....

  5. #15

    Re: Inside Slant: The Latest...

    Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Inside Slant

    The Steelers are taking the same approach in negotiations with another valuable offensive lineman .
    I hear they plan to let smith go and use that money to give Nick eason 7 million next year.

  6. #16
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,216

    Re: Inside Slant: The Latest...

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille
    well, a few things will impact Marvel and his money... how the current OTs perform (including how Tony Hills develops)...

    Next year's Tackle class looks like it'll be loaded with o-linemen...
    Team will probably have to finish with a poor record to get one.

  7. #17
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,692

    Re: Inside Slant: The Latest...

    Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille
    well, a few things will impact Marvel and his money... how the current OTs perform (including how Tony Hills develops)...

    Next year's Tackle class looks like it'll be loaded with o-linemen...
    Team will probably have to finish with a poor record to get one.
    Some of the o-linemen will almost surely go quite early, like Michael Oher and Andre Smith, but there should be talent available in the latter portion of the first as well, like, say, tackles Phil Loadholt or Alex Boone or guards Duke Robinson or Jeremy Perry.

  8. #18
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,611

    Re: Inside Slant: The Latest...

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille
    well, a few things will impact Marvel and his money... how the current OTs perform (including how Tony Hills develops)...

    Next year's Tackle class looks like it'll be loaded with o-linemen...
    Team will probably have to finish with a poor record to get one.
    Some of the o-linemen will almost surely go quite early, like Michael Oher and Andre Smith, but there should be talent available in the latter portion of the first as well, like, say, tackles Phil Loadholt or Alex Boone or guards Duke Robinson or Jeremy Perry.
    I'm not sure Guard will be an early priority. I have the same opinion as last year, if you can't get an OT who is an immediate starter go for the best DL available first.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  9. #19
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,692

    Re: Inside Slant: The Latest...

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille
    well, a few things will impact Marvel and his money... how the current OTs perform (including how Tony Hills develops)...

    Next year's Tackle class looks like it'll be loaded with o-linemen...
    Team will probably have to finish with a poor record to get one.
    Some of the o-linemen will almost surely go quite early, like Michael Oher and Andre Smith, but there should be talent available in the latter portion of the first as well, like, say, tackles Phil Loadholt or Alex Boone or guards Duke Robinson or Jeremy Perry.
    I'm not sure Guard will be an early priority. I have the same opinion as last year, if you can't get an OT who is an immediate starter go for the best DL available first.
    Okay, then...Tyson Jackson will likely be gone before we pick, but what about possibly having a shot at Fili Moala or Vince Oghobaase?

  10. #20
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,611

    Re: Inside Slant: The Latest...

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille
    well, a few things will impact Marvel and his money... how the current OTs perform (including how Tony Hills develops)...

    Next year's Tackle class looks like it'll be loaded with o-linemen...
    Team will probably have to finish with a poor record to get one.
    Some of the o-linemen will almost surely go quite early, like Michael Oher and Andre Smith, but there should be talent available in the latter portion of the first as well, like, say, tackles Phil Loadholt or Alex Boone or guards Duke Robinson or Jeremy Perry.
    I'm not sure Guard will be an early priority. I have the same opinion as last year, if you can't get an OT who is an immediate starter go for the best DL available first.
    Okay, then...Tyson Jackson will likely be gone before we pick, but what about possibly having a shot at Fili Moala or Vince Oghobaase?
    Sounds good to me. I am watching this year for DL that emerge over the course of the season. Not sure who will come out on top, but I'd like to see us get va couple DLmen next year.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •