Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Inside Slant: The Latest...

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Inside Slant: The Latest...

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Sounds good to me. I am watching this year for DL that emerge over the course of the season. Not sure who will come out on top, but I'd like to see us get va couple DLmen next year.
    You wanted us to get a couple of d-lineman this year! (never thought it would be as UDFA's though, eh?)
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Sounds good to me. I am watching this year for DL that emerge over the course of the season. Not sure who will come out on top, but I'd like to see us get va couple DLmen next year.
    You wanted us to get a couple of d-lineman this year! (never thought it would be as UDFA's though, eh?)
    I wanted two and we got two. As you said, I didn't think it would be UDFAs. I hope one of them turns out to be a gem because my only real concern about the team this year is the durability of the DL. I think if the DL stays healthy our defense has a great season.

I think the reason we didn't get a DL was because we had mendenhall and Sweed fall into our laps. I think that really changed our draft board and players that we may have targeted in Rounds 1 and 2 were no longer options.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Smith has been battling injuries for years. He has had surgery on his back. He is 30. Not to mention he is not Orlando Pace. It would take a great deal of money to re-sign Smith. Why would the Steelers take that chance? They just don't make these kind of signings. This is the last year Smith will be a Steeler...as it should be. I would actually be surprised if Smith plays a full season.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    I wanted two and we got two. As you said, I didn't think it would be UDFAs. I hope one of them turns out to be a gem because my only real concern about the team this year is the durability of the DL. I think if the DL stays healthy our defense has a great season.

I think the reason we didn't get a DL was because we had mendenhall and Sweed fall into our laps. I think that really changed our draft board and players that we may have targeted in Rounds 1 and 2 were no longer options.
    Yeah, there is no way I would have chosen anyone other than Mendenhall or Sweed at #23 and #53 in spite of more pressing needs. I would have tried to fill holes along both lines early on day two though, probably going with a big fella like Anthony Collins instead of Bruce Davis (even though Davis looks like a player) in the 3rd, then maybe using our 6th rounder to trade up in the 4th (instead of trading back in the 4th and gaining an extra 6th) in order to have a shot at either Dre Moore or Red Bryant. Then with the last pick, you would have several options. You could stick with the Dixon pick as an intriguing future replacement to Batch, or you could have gone with Owen Schmitt as an upgrade to Carey Davis. You could have gone with a LB (since we wouldn't have Davis or Humpal in this scenario) and taken a Marcus Howard, Jonathan Goff, or Spencer Larsen. Or, we could have just beefed up our o-line even more with Roy Scheuning, Carl Nicks, or Barry Richardson.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.