Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you addicted to Steelers football?

Backup

User Info Menu

Are you addicted to Steelers football?

I have to say that what separates me from many fans is that I truly have a sick passion. addiction for
    sports. Its been that way all my life. And that passion begins with the Steelers. Here is my checklist.
    See how bad your addiction is.

you know your sick when

1) It's monday Morning after a sunday loss, and you have a sick feeling in your stomach and you want nothing to do with any sports media ,be it radio, TV, or newspapers that will be discussing the previous game. You can't stomach to listen to it.

2) Its now Wednesday and your over the loss (somewhat) but now you ready to B it ch about it.

3) Its a typical work day. but you just can't get the Steelers salary cap ramifications out of your mind

4) It's only the middle of June but your already concerned about a tough 3 game stretch in November that could make or Break the steelers season.

5) It's been 3 years, but you still can't get over the loss of one of your favorite players who left via free agency.

6) Your team just drafted a player and you have already placed him into the pro football hall of fame even though he has yet to play a down.

7) You replayed all the Patriots / steelers game over and over in your mind, trying to pin point all the times the Steelers may have been screwed.

8 ) 3 weeks after Hines Ward went off with his comments about Ben needing a new receiver, you still can't quit thinking about them.

9) Steelers draft WR Limas Sweed and the 1st thing you thought about is Hines Ward.

10) When the Steelers lose you seem to take it personal.

11) when you sit down to watch a steeler game, you have no ability to be bothered by others. You sometimes close the door to all outsiders just so you can get locked into the game.

12) You forgot to put your Steeler memorabilia piece on the TV set before start of game, and you now feel partially responsible for the loss.

13) You cringe when you hear about a steeler getting arrested. You either immediately become part of his defense team or feel ultimately embarrassed about something you had nothing to do with.

14) Your engaged in a discussion with another Steeler fan about what's wrong with the team. But a fan from another team tries to pour salt on the wound, a you quickly ask him how many SB rings does his team have.

15) You hear rumors of an uncapped year in 2010 and a picture of the Pirates comes dancing in your head.

SCALE (HOW MANY ABOVE APPLY TO YOU?)

6 OR LESS = BELOW AVERAGE FAN

7-9 = AVERAGE FAN

10-11 = AVID FAN

12-13 = DIE HARD

14-15 = one sick Bastard

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Are you addicted to Steelers football?

Does creating this site categorize me as a Steelers addict?

Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jhansle1
    Does creating this site categorize me as a Steelers addict?

I would think so.

Legend

User Info Menu

Here's my checklist:

1. You are checking a Steeler message board on a regular basis in the middle of June, with the OTA's complete, training camp more than a month away, and draft almost 2 months old. There is no new news to be had, but we still check in and post anyway.

0 = Not an addict
    1 = A true addict

I think we all qualify as addicts here.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Here's my checklist:

1. You are checking a Steeler message board on a regular basis in the middle of June, with the OTA's complete, training camp more than a month away, and draft almost 2 months old. There is no new news to be had, but we still check in and post anyway.

0 = Not an addict
    1 = A true addict

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Good list MSM. They all apply to me EXCEPT 3, 5, & 7.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Here's my checklist:

0 = Not an addict
    1 = A true addict

Gotta agree...anyone reading and responding on this message board mid summer has an illness.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Gotta agree...anyone reading and responding on this message board mid summer has an illness.
    Are you saying that we all are mentally "unbalanced"....
    ... Can Dr. Shawn prescribe a remedy for this Steeler illness duning mid-June?...

I gotta admit that this one made me laugh out loud...
    7) You replayed all the Patriots / steelers game over and over in your mind, trying to pin point all the times the Steelers may have been screwed.
    ...I think it was this past Monday evening, and NFLN was re-airing our loss to the Pats* from last season, and I was thinking just that!

Msm, I too view myself as an addict...
    ...My fiance asks me if I saw the evening news, I say "no, but I did catch Sportscenter."
    ...My dad asks me if I saw a certain movie, I say "no, but I did see the 2004 Mich v OSU game on classic."
    ...My friend asks if I want to go to a Bengals game, I say "no, I'd rather watch the Steelers on tv."
    ...My sister asks what I did last night. I say "posted on the Steeler board."

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Are you saying that we all are mentally "unbalanced"....
    ... Can Dr. Shawn prescribe a remedy for this Steeler illness duning mid-June?...

I gotta admit that this one made me laugh out loud...
    ...I think it was this past Monday evening, and NFLN was re-airing our loss to the Pats* from last season, and I was thinking just that!

Msm, I too view myself as an addict...
    ...My fiance asks me if I saw the evening news, I say "no, but I did catch Sportscenter."
    ...My dad asks me if I saw a certain movie, I say "no, but I did see the 2004 Mich v OSU game on classic."
    ...My friend asks if I want to go to a Bengals game, I say "no, I'd rather watch the Steelers on tv."
    ...My sister asks what I did last night. I say "posted on the Steeler board."

yep, you got issues.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I too have the affliction and can attest to exhibiting most of the symptoms you noted, MSM. I have some other symptoms as well:

1) Writing down a list of comebacks and insults to the opposing fans I'll be dealing with when I walk in with my latest Steeler Jersey (James Harrison).... in hopes to deflect some of the "anger management, girl friend beating" comments.

2) Wearing Steeler gear in the off-season at work.... because its F*ckin' cool!

3) Scheduling yourself every Friday and Saturday night during the preseason, regular season and post season, to insure you have Sunday and Mondays off for Steeler games..... regardless of what the wife says.

4) Being 41 and getting in such a heated argument (at work) with a Patriot fan (twice your size) over their crappy cheating team, and getting him so riled up that threats of violence (on his part) were issued, overheard by a manager and was subsequently asked if I wanted to formally do something about (this guy has had previous issues and one more incident would of gotten him a pink slip).... I opted to send him to anger management.

5) Spending way too much time on this board during the offseason and then subsequently calling and talking about the Steelers and this board to other board members.

6) Designing my next Tattoo in Adobe Illustrator.... of course a Steeler theme.

7) So engrossed during the Steeler games, I leave my bathroom door open to watch my LCD in my bedroom, while simultaneously post on a Steeler message board with some of my other Steeler sickos.

Getting in argument with the Mrs. because she tried to take the noted item below out of my daughter's bed to put away in storage.

9) After a loss, I'm so physically ill, I've actually had to go to an ER doc at work to prescribe me something for nausea.

10) Carry a Terrible towel in my car, in my locker at work and on my golf bag.

11) Arranged with tech head friend of mine to disassemble my new Black Macbook so that when you open it up, the apple on the outside that normally glows white, will glow gold.

More to come.....