Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tiger Woods Done For Year... Anyone Care?

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Tiger Woods Done For Year... Anyone Care?

I'll miss the Nordgren twins.

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Tiger Woods Done For Year... Anyone Care?

I enjoy watching the majors and watching Tiger Woods' assault on Jack's 18 major record. Tiger is a once in a lifetime athlete and the only others that I can think of right of the top of my head are Jerry Rice and Michael Jordan. These three athletes were already very good at their chosen sport, but, the dedication and practice and absolute refusal to be second at anything propelled them to be named as the best that has ever lived at what they do.

Other players that may be mentioned always carry the "yea, he was great, but, no better than (insert name)" stigma. These 3 stand alone at the pinnacle of their sports.

Typically, I support an underdog, but, when Tiger is in the field I always hope that he wins. He is simply the most mentally gifted athlete of our time and that includes the other two mentioned in this post.

Just as an example of Tiger's affect on everything, the stock market traded 8.5% less volume on Monday during the playoff as compared to the rest of the year. There's always about a 7% increase in viewership for any tournament in which Tiger competes. And, Buick has withdrawn their ad campaign from the PGA tour (or the events that Tiger was entered), since, his announcement that he was shutting it down for the year.

Rather than make fun of the sport take a look at the athlete and enjoy what you are seeing. I doubt we see anything like this again in our lifetimes.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount