Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you consider...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Do you consider...

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    I hear a lot about Rudi Johnson, Chris Perry, Kenny Watson, DeDe Dorsey, and that UDFA rookie RB, but never anything about Kenny Irons. I know he got hurt before his rookie season began, but will that injury keep him out another year?
    Irons showed up to mini-camp but didn't participate in any drills. Marvin said he wasn't expecting Irons to show up at all because of the injury.

Best case scenario is that Irons will start the season on the PUP/IR and then be able to contribute the second half of the season. At this point though I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't play until 2009...

Bengaltime

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Quote Originally Posted by Jom112
    Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Actually, after round #3 we tried to trade up and work a deal with Dallas (right before your pick), from what rumors have been going around... But I do agree, and I wasn't thrilled with it from that point on. As for not taking a D-line pick, I am still befuddled over it... As for Marvin, he has really dug his own hole with the media with the egotistical attitude in which he treats them. And I am curious, the latter pick at #5 I believe. ...Shirley... Wow, during his first PC he states that he can't be at OTAs due to a court date.... Is that on Brown or Lewis? Maybe blame Katie?... Seriously though, I do somewhat like Marvin, at least I did till he whined and cried about Roethlisberger and such.
    The Shirley pick I blame on Marvin. He could have convinced the FO that we should go with Frank Okam instead who was still on the boards. Although personally I think Okam will be a bust in the NFL. Shirley is talented but not worth the risk. It was a stupid pick period.

Levi, as you said, has no reason not to be healthy. Willie, I'm not so sure... He is a wonderful lineman, but he has been hampered... I have not heard any positive words about his condition. Have you?
    I've heard some positive things about Willie. One he says that he is feeling better than he has the past couple of seasons. Also he moved very well on some plays in mini-camp, on running down the field for some blocks. Here is quote from one of the practices.

"He laughed when told Joseph said he looked like a tight end on the move. "

[url="http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6824"]http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6824[/url]

I'm probably reading a little too much into it. But hopefully he can keep it going and prove that he's healthy in Training Camp. I really don't want us to start Stacey Andrews ahead of Willie.

As for Carson, even though I like the guy, he simply had a poor season... Alot of teams are faced with 7 or 8 in the box. Ben faced it quite a few times. When Carson is pressured and has to scramble, he will sometimes cough-up the ball... Hell, he did it several times against us alone. I personally view his problem as being the line in front of him. He hasn't had enough time to find his targets without being hit/knocked down/pressured.

As for your running game, I have heard that Rudi has returned to his "previous" playing weight. If so, he could most definitely be a force to be reckoned with.
    There are things that Carson does well and things that Ben does well. Improvising when a play goes bad is definitely ben's speciality. But Ben did get sacked a heck of a lot more than Carson did. You can blame the O-Line for that but I think Ben has to take a lot of that blame as well. I think Carson is better technically than Ben, in keeping defenders guessing when it comes to snap counts, getting the ball out of his hand quicker, reading where the blitz is going to come from so he can find the open receiver quicker.

The problem is that last season Carson made some bad passes and receivers ran some wrong routes. The offense was not in sync at all. If the running game becomes even decent this season then I think that will have a domino effect and the rest of the offense will start clicking better. Rudi should have a better season but I'm not expecting much from him. Chris Perry is going to be the wildcard. I hate that our team is relying on a player that can't stay healthy, but we need a RB that can take it outside and streach the field a bit. Although IF the hype about James Johnson turns out to be true then I wouldn't even be surprised if Perry got cut.

I'm trying to come out to Cincy either this season or next. If I do I'll definitely stop by your tailgating party, thanks for the offer.

Now excuse me while I clean my shoes...

Is that picture from the year the Bengals won the super bowl?
    Probably from the year your boy Kimo took his shot at Carson's knee.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

...don't forget it was also the year we won the Superbowl.
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bengaltime
    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Quote Originally Posted by Jom112
    Actually, after round #3 we tried to trade up and work a deal with Dallas (right before your pick), from what rumors have been going around... But I do agree, and I wasn't thrilled with it from that point on. As for not taking a D-line pick, I am still befuddled over it... As for Marvin, he has really dug his own hole with the media with the egotistical attitude in which he treats them. And I am curious, the latter pick at #5 I believe. ...Shirley... Wow, during his first PC he states that he can't be at OTAs due to a court date.... Is that on Brown or Lewis? Maybe blame Katie?... Seriously though, I do somewhat like Marvin, at least I did till he whined and cried about Roethlisberger and such.
    The Shirley pick I blame on Marvin. He could have convinced the FO that we should go with Frank Okam instead who was still on the boards. Although personally I think Okam will be a bust in the NFL. Shirley is talented but not worth the risk. It was a stupid pick period.

Levi, as you said, has no reason not to be healthy. Willie, I'm not so sure... He is a wonderful lineman, but he has been hampered... I have not heard any positive words about his condition. Have you?
    I've heard some positive things about Willie. One he says that he is feeling better than he has the past couple of seasons. Also he moved very well on some plays in mini-camp, on running down the field for some blocks. Here is quote from one of the practices.

"He laughed when told Joseph said he looked like a tight end on the move. "

[url="http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6824"]http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6824[/url]

I'm probably reading a little too much into it. But hopefully he can keep it going and prove that he's healthy in Training Camp. I really don't want us to start Stacey Andrews ahead of Willie.

As for Carson, even though I like the guy, he simply had a poor season... Alot of teams are faced with 7 or 8 in the box. Ben faced it quite a few times. When Carson is pressured and has to scramble, he will sometimes cough-up the ball... Hell, he did it several times against us alone. I personally view his problem as being the line in front of him. He hasn't had enough time to find his targets without being hit/knocked down/pressured.

As for your running game, I have heard that Rudi has returned to his "previous" playing weight. If so, he could most definitely be a force to be reckoned with.
    There are things that Carson does well and things that Ben does well. Improvising when a play goes bad is definitely ben's speciality. But Ben did get sacked a heck of a lot more than Carson did. You can blame the O-Line for that but I think Ben has to take a lot of that blame as well. I think Carson is better technically than Ben, in keeping defenders guessing when it comes to snap counts, getting the ball out of his hand quicker, reading where the blitz is going to come from so he can find the open receiver quicker.

The problem is that last season Carson made some bad passes and receivers ran some wrong routes. The offense was not in sync at all. If the running game becomes even decent this season then I think that will have a domino effect and the rest of the offense will start clicking better. Rudi should have a better season but I'm not expecting much from him. Chris Perry is going to be the wildcard. I hate that our team is relying on a player that can't stay healthy, but we need a RB that can take it outside and streach the field a bit. Although IF the hype about James Johnson turns out to be true then I wouldn't even be surprised if Perry got cut.

I'm trying to come out to Cincy either this season or next. If I do I'll definitely stop by your tailgating party, thanks for the offer.

Now excuse me while I clean my shoes...

Is that picture from the year the Bengals won the super bowl?
    Probably from the year your boy Kimo took his shot at Carson's knee.
    Yawn. Old news.