Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ask The Steelers: Jeremy Bloom Part 3

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Ask The Steelers: Jeremy Bloom Part 3

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    The only way we keep Bloom is if he looks like he is related to Hester. He will have to flat out light it up...because he isn't much of a WR.

People are comparing him to Wes Welker and like Welker didn't get much of a shot at WR but spoke volumes about his return game speed. This is absolutely rubbish. Bloom doesn't have Welker's skill set. Welker is significantly thicker and has proven that he has the hands to help teams out in the receiving end. If by some miracle Bloom emerges as one that can be effective in the slot then why not keep the guy. I don't see this happening. I do however see the viability of keeping six WR this year, if by chance Reid emerges as the main return man. He at least has in game experience as a WR.... he just needs to stay healthy otherwise he'll have no job in the NFL.
    Agree that Bloom can't ever be Welker, but I do think Reid could be a similar type of player.
    Hey! Don't you know that there is a rule that you can never compare a black player to a white player? You have to compare Bloom to Welker and Reid to, say, Az Hakim. Reid cannot be compared directly to Welker. That's the rule...I don't write 'em.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    The only way we keep Bloom is if he looks like he is related to Hester. He will have to flat out light it up...because he isn't much of a WR.

People are comparing him to Wes Welker and like Welker didn't get much of a shot at WR but spoke volumes about his return game speed. This is absolutely rubbish. Bloom doesn't have Welker's skill set. Welker is significantly thicker and has proven that he has the hands to help teams out in the receiving end. If by some miracle Bloom emerges as one that can be effective in the slot then why not keep the guy. I don't see this happening. I do however see the viability of keeping six WR this year, if by chance Reid emerges as the main return man. He at least has in game experience as a WR.... he just needs to stay healthy otherwise he'll have no job in the NFL.
    Agree that Bloom can't ever be Welker, but I do think Reid could be a similar type of player.
    Hey! Don't you know that there is a rule that you can never compare a black player to a white player? You have to compare Bloom to Welker and Reid to, say, Az Hakim. Reid cannot be compared directly to Welker. That's the rule...I don't write 'em.
    I've never been a very good rule follower
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

The only similarity between Bloom and Welker is that they are short white guys.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Kettle!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Word. Why don't short asian guys get any love in the NFL. Wasn't their a cowgirl LB that was asian. Unless we're doing some martial arts film, my folk just don't get any love from the media.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Word. Why don't short asian guys get any love in the NFL. Wasn't their a cowgirl LB that was asian. Unless we're doing some martial arts film, my folk just don't get any love from the media.

His name was Dat Nguyen.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel

Kettle!!!

Hey, I'm a giant in my own mind.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74

His name was Dat Nguyen.
    He's the only reason that I know that you are supposed to pronounce that name "Win."

As in: the Cowboys are still looking for their first Playoff Nguyen in over a decade.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Geesh, the one Asian guy that makes it in the league and you can't remember his name. How's he supposed to get love from the media when he can't even get any from his own "folk"?

Legend

User Info Menu

Only reason I knew how it was pronounced was due to my love for NL Texas Holdem. Scotty "win" was one of the first poker players I learned to recognize.
    Trolls are people too.