Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Weeds on Showtime

  1. #1
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Weeds on Showtime

    Anyone else catch the premiere? Albert Brooks was priceless! Best line from last night:

    You're sitting in my mother's living room eating German food and smelling like gas? She was in Auschwitz for Christ's sake! What kind of a monster are you???


  2. #2
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: Weeds on Showtime

    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Anyone else catch the premiere? Albert Brooks was priceless! Best line from last night:

    You're sitting in my mother's living room eating German food and smelling like gas? She was in Auschwitz for Christ's sake! What kind of a monster are you???

    Never saw Weeds. I like Dexter on Showtime, though. That should start up again in the fall.


    NFL player locker room talk: Discussing what can be done about racial inequality and criminal justice reform.

    Presidential locker room talk: Discussing involuntary gynecological exams.

    According to the highest office in the country, some "very fine people" marched with torches in a violent protest in Charlottesville, but participating in a non-violent protest on a football field means you are an S.O.B. who should be fired.

  3. #3
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: Weeds on Showtime

    I like to run through these shows on Netflix. I haven't gotten to the Weeds yet. I did think the Sopranos was way overrated though.

  4. #4
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: Weeds on Showtime

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Anyone else catch the premiere? Albert Brooks was priceless! Best line from last night:

    You're sitting in my mother's living room eating German food and smelling like gas? She was in Auschwitz for Christ's sake! What kind of a monster are you???

    Never saw Weeds. I like Dexter on Showtime, though. That should start up again in the fall.
    I love Dexter, but I'm tellin' you to check out Weeds...very funny and well written show!

  5. #5
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: Weeds on Showtime

    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    I like to run through these shows on Netflix. I haven't gotten to the Weeds yet. I did think the Sopranos was way overrated though.
    I never cared for the Sopranos.

  6. #6
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Re: Weeds on Showtime

    *shakes head* at the Soprano's haters. Granted it slowed down a bit as the seasons moved on but I still thought it was a great show. I miss watching it.

    Shows worth noting:

    Lost
    Weeds
    Entourage
    Rescue Me
    Nip/Tuck
    Big Love

    I'm sure their are other great shows, I just don't watch em.

  7. #7
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: Weeds on Showtime

    I stopped watching Nip/Tuck when the mother and son were getting it on.

  8. #8
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: Weeds on Showtime

    Having never done a drug stronger than Tylenol, I was just never interested in shows that seemingly revolve around various aspects of drug culture like Weeds or the Wire.


    NFL player locker room talk: Discussing what can be done about racial inequality and criminal justice reform.

    Presidential locker room talk: Discussing involuntary gynecological exams.

    According to the highest office in the country, some "very fine people" marched with torches in a violent protest in Charlottesville, but participating in a non-violent protest on a football field means you are an S.O.B. who should be fired.

  9. #9
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Re: Weeds on Showtime

    My girlfriend got me into this show. Very good actually. I have never done a drug in my life but it is a good show to watch. We are actually getting ready to watch it tonight. I suggest you give it a view.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!


    1 TJ Watt, LB, Wisconsin
    2 Budda Baker, S, Washington
    3 Rasul Douglas, CB, WVU
    3 Samaje Perine, RB, OU
    4 Shelton Gibson, WR, WVU
    5 Tanoh Kpassagnon, DE, Villinova
    6 Josh Dobbs, QB, Tenn
    7 Isaac Rochell, DE, Notre Dame

  10. #10
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: Weeds on Showtime

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Having never done a drug stronger than Tylenol, I was just never interested in shows that seemingly revolve around various aspects of drug culture like Weeds or the Wire.
    I think you'd be surprised at how well written the show is and what it's really all about.

    Same with the Wire...outstanding show. More about how the politicians and drug dealers play the same games but with different stakes.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •