Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Expect much from Mendenhall

Re: Expect much from Mendenhall

Two-time Pro Bowler Willie Parker returns from a broken leg as the No. 1 running back, but it goes without saying the Steelers didn't change their draft plans when Mendenhall unexpectedly fell into their laps so he could be Parker's caddie.

Ya'all better get with the program. Trains a leavin...better not get caught without a ticket.

It's just a matter of time. I say Mendenhall is the starter by week 6.

Backup

User Info Menu

Training camp is creeping up on us. It is certainly going to be interesting seeing how this all plays out. This is the first time in my Steeler memories that we have been loaded with a group of RBs this talented. My thinking is the team is sitting on a keg of Whoopy that has a very short fuse. Any one of our new guys have the ability to make this a very exciting and memorable season.
    http://www.planetsteelers.com/cpg141...erpics/sth.jpg

"Success Is Determined By Attitude."
    AS Rocks

LasVegasGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DVSONE
    Two-time Pro Bowler Willie Parker returns from a broken leg as the No. 1 running back, but it goes without saying the Steelers didn't change their draft plans when Mendenhall unexpectedly fell into their laps so he could be Parker's caddie.

Ya'all better get with the program. Trains a leavin...better not get caught without a ticket.

Have you been drinking that beer in your sig? Week 6? Mendenhall will be the starter by week 2 after Parker puts up decent stats but technically has a stinker game. I predict 23 carries and 98 yards. Take away his longest run which will be about 39 yards and your left with 22 carries and 59 yards which equates to a hefty 2.68 yac

Tomlin declares enough is enough with this all or nothing rushing attack and inserts Mendenhall into the starting lineup but refuses to declare him a starter. Mendenhall has a monster game and the rest is history my friend.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelHoss
    Training camp is creeping up on us.
    Yup.... 40 days till camp starts!.....

Legend

User Info Menu

Parker would have to lay an egg to lose the starter job to Mendy by week 6. Even if mendy is showing his elite ability...I don't see Tomlin benching his pro bowl, hard working, vet RB in favor of Mendy. I'm not saying Mendy isn't going to be a much better back but I don't think it will effect the starting line up his rookie season. just my 2 cent.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy

Parker would have to lay an egg to lose the starter job to Mendy by week 6. Even if mendy is showing his elite ability...I don't see Tomlin benching his pro bowl, hard working, vet RB in favor of Mendy. I'm not saying Mendy isn't going to be a much better back but I don't think it will effect the starting line up his rookie season. just my 2 cent.
    I don't see them totally benching FWP, but if Mendenhall is everything we think he can be, at some point in the season I can see it being a RB by committee with Mendenall getting most of the touches.

Backup

User Info Menu

Tomlin and Ariens will find ways to use both effectively. It will be a beautiful thing to see.
    http://www.planetsteelers.com/cpg141...erpics/sth.jpg

"Success Is Determined By Attitude."
    AS Rocks

LasVegasGuy

I'm still not sold on Tomlin and I would really be irate if he starts acting like Cowher and gives guys the benefit of the doubt because of past performance. Big deal Parker made the Pro Bowl but so did Troy P. and he didn't even play much last year so you can't put too much into the Pro Bowl. Great he is a hard worker but so are 52 other guys that are on the team. So he is a vet would you start him over a rookie Adrain Peterson last year? If Mendenhall takes off in training camp this year and Parker stumbles out of the gate then Tomlin better lose the accolades crap and insert the best guy who gives us the best chance to win.

Steely76

This isn't a bad problem to have.

Stay tuned for more gems of wisdom.....

Legend

User Info Menu

Mendenhall should be able to get 400+ yards rushing. If he does that then I'll consider that a good start considering he we be teamed with a Pro Bowl RB.

A great start is if he can get 8-10 TDs between rushing and receiving
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"