Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can Woodley possibly live up to the hype?

Backup

User Info Menu

Re: Can Woodley possibly live up to the hype?

This young man can handle it. In the tradition of great Steeler LBs...I salute the next one...Lamar Woodley!
    http://www.planetsteelers.com/cpg141...erpics/sth.jpg

"Success Is Determined By Attitude."
    AS Rocks

Legend

User Info Menu

Woodly is going to make mistakes. I doubt he will live up to the expectations some set for him this season. Going into this 3rd season is when I think it will all come together for him. We will have to wait and see what happens.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL
    Woodly is going to make mistakes. I doubt he will live up to the expectations some set for him this season. Going into this 3rd season is when I think it will all come together for him. We will have to wait and see what happens.

I'm not sure about the 15 sacks but I do think that this young man has a maturity about him that will pave the way for him to not only garnish the respect of his team mates but to lead them as well. I think that this guy will be the breakthrough story for our team and will be the backbone of our LB corps that has been missing for years.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel

I'm not sure about the 15 sacks but I do think that this young man has a maturity about him that will pave the way for him to not only garnish the respect of his team mates but to lead them as well. I think that this guy will be the breakthrough story for our team and will be the backbone of our LB corps that has been missing for years.
    I still think he will be thinking instead of reacting to plays. The only way that can be fixed is playing time. I think he will be a good pass rusher. The pass coverage aspect of the position and continued learning of the play book will probably be his biggest obstacles this season. Time will tell if he can add the leadership some of the other current and former Steelers LBs do/did.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o.
    If not Woodley, then Harrison.....or both. Last year Harrison had 10 sacks, but that was with Haggans opposite him. No problem, block Clark with the TE, then you have multiple options in blocking Harrison. This year, any team trying to block Woodley with the TE will find out quickly that he is not Clark Haggans. The OC will then have to pick his poison, worry about the LOLB or the ROLB. Wood does have the advantage of being under the cover of Smith, but if the O overplays that side, all the more room for Harrison to roam.

If this tandem is even going to think about approaching Greene/Lloyd status, then it doesn't matter who gets to the QB first, because the other won't be far behind.
    At the risk of touting someone from That School Up North, I believe Woodley has the goods to surpass any of Haggans accomplishments over the last three seasons.

I saw enough of Woodley as an Ann Arbor Annie to know that he could be hell against the pass. Screw Alan Branch. Woodley was the straw that stirred the drink on the Ann Arbor Annie D in 2006.

Even as a rookie, I loved what he brought to the table in his limited action. Barring injury, Woodley will bring everything Greene ever did with the upside fact that he is only at the start of his career. Greene was a seasoned vet when he joined the Steelers.
    Steelers...On The STAIRWAY TO SEVEN!!!
    http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1...etsteelfk7.jpg
    ASIAN... thanks, brotha!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyehoppy
    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o.
    If not Woodley, then Harrison.....or both. Last year Harrison had 10 sacks, but that was with Haggans opposite him. No problem, block Clark with the TE, then you have multiple options in blocking Harrison. This year, any team trying to block Woodley with the TE will find out quickly that he is not Clark Haggans. The OC will then have to pick his poison, worry about the LOLB or the ROLB. Wood does have the advantage of being under the cover of Smith, but if the O overplays that side, all the more room for Harrison to roam.

If this tandem is even going to think about approaching Greene/Lloyd status, then it doesn't matter who gets to the QB first, because the other won't be far behind.
    At the risk of touting someone from That School Up North, I believe Woodley has the goods to surpass any of Haggans accomplishments over the last three seasons.

I saw enough of Woodley as an Ann Arbor Annie to know that he could be hell against the pass. Screw Alan Branch. Woodley was the straw that stirred the drink on the Ann Arbor Annie D in 2006.

Even as a rookie, I loved what he brought to the table in his limited action. Barring injury, Woodley will bring everything Greene ever did with the upside fact that he is only at the start of his career. Greene was a seasoned vet when he joined the Steelers.

I will have to defer the scouting reports from their collegiate days to the likes of you, Hoppy and Shawn. You guys are my brothers in Steeldom, but I have to wonder about your collegiate allegiances.... especially in that second rate conference...

Steely76

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood
    He is a similar player to Greene in that he is a power rusher who does not play real well in space.
    Maybe he just needs a spacesuit.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

AIM HIGH BABY!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY

AIM HIGH BABY!!!

I feel you bro, on the "AIM HIGH" sentiments... I predicted 12 sacks this year. Not as high as yours but still pretty up there... up there enough to secure a place in the hearts of Steeler Nation as the new Beast LB we've been missing for awhile. I just hope that with the emergence of Woodley, this will inevitably increase Harrison's sack numbers as well.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm going to predict 8 sacks. As a full time player he'll have to do more than just rush the passer.