Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: scumbag rod woodson

Backup

User Info Menu

scumbag rod woodson

just picked the stains as the team to beat in the AFC north...

every broadcast on the NFL network with him on it distances him from the black and gold, he'd rather blather over jon ogden than give the stillers some love.

(please note, this poster hasn't seen very much of the NFL network lately and is basing his comments on a single broadcast)

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: scumbag rod woodson

Well, the Browns really are the "flavor of the month" in the AFC North... I personally don't think that Anderson will be able to duplicate his effort of last year. But they made some decent pick-ups, and have some quality on thier O-line and elsewhere. ... I think thier defense is suspect, but only time will tell.

I can't really fault Woodson for his Baltimore tendencies... He was there for a while and his days in Pittsburgh are further in the past. That said, he has been not much more than any other "talking head" to me in recent years....

BTW, I haven't viewed that channel much lately either... Unfortunately, I did tune into it on Monday evening and they were re-airing our defeat to N.E. from last year...

Backup

User Info Menu

I did'nt see the report. I have mixed feelings on this. Rod is one of my favorite all time Steelers. Did he retire as a Steeler? He still made his home here in Cranberry Township up until a year or two ago I believe. He moved when he got his new job. By all accounts I heard he was reluctant to leave. If it was a commentary and IF thats the way he sees it then thats the way he's supposed to report it.
    http://www.planetsteelers.com/cpg141...erpics/sth.jpg

"Success Is Determined By Attitude."
    AS Rocks

Starter

User Info Menu

everyone is all over the browns this year...i hope they fall flat on their face. we are still the team to beat IMO though...we always have a target on our backs, just because of who we are...
    "The standard is the standard" Mike Tomlin

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The Breveland Clowns...Lords of the Off-Season...Believe it!!!
    Steelers...On The STAIRWAY TO SEVEN!!!
    http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1...etsteelfk7.jpg
    ASIAN... thanks, brotha!

Legend

User Info Menu

Rod is not a scumbag. He just knows that the Steelers tend to falter when they have high expectations heaped upon them (see: AFC Championship games, Home) and tend to play over their heads with a chip on their shoulder when people count them out (see: 6th seed, Away). He's just putting another motivational log on the fire to help the Steelers this season.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

The Browns have a very good offense. Their D...I'll believe it's better when I see it. The problem? It's the Browns...and we all know that if the Browns can figure a way to screw something up...they will.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

It's going to be hard to win the division when they start out 0-2 (Dallas, Pitt) and we start out 2-0 (Houston, Clev.). And SMG is right: The Browns will find a way to F it up.

I do not fault Woodson. He is entitled to his opinion even his opinion dumb. He may just be doing this

LasVegasGuy

Way to go Rod. This team played loose last year because nobody expected crap from them. Now that they had decent year the pressure is squarely on them and they won't be sneaking up on anybody this year. With that said they will probably finish below .500 and Oreo Crennel will be fired. He will head back to New England and Cowher will take over the Brownies.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

In all fairness to Woodson, he constantly talks about "once a Steeler, always a Steeler" on the NFLN and does justice to the nation.

Scumbag?? C'mon.