Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Cleveland cop harasses Steelers fan

  1. #1
    Pro Bowler Jigawatts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Around The Way, OH
    Posts
    2,447

    Cleveland cop harasses Steelers fan

    In the wee early morning hours today I was passing through a Cleveland suburb
    when a police cruiser started following me. Sure enough he flipped on his lights
    and pulled me over. He said the reason he pulled me over was because the
    license plate wasn't illuminated. He checks my insurance card and takes my
    license back to the cruiser.

    The whole time he's running my license I'm thinking, "great, he's not going to
    let this slide because I have a Steelers license plate holder on my car." He
    comes back and jokingly says, "you know, I should give you a ticket just for
    the Steelers license plate holder." I wasn't amused, and grumbled, "I know,
    I kinda figured you'd say something like that."

    Anyway, he let me go with a warning. I pulled into a parking lot about two blocks
    away to let my brother-in-law out and he tapped my license plate. And of course,
    the light came on.

    I was glad I didn't get ticketed, but was still pissed off about the plate holder comment.

  2. #2
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,387

    Re: Cleveland cop harasses Steelers fan

    Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts
    In the wee early morning hours today I was passing through a Cleveland suburb
    when a police cruiser started following me. Sure enough he flipped on his lights
    and pulled me over. He said the reason he pulled me over was because the
    license plate wasn't illuminated. He checks my insurance card and takes my
    license back to the cruiser.

    The whole time he's running my license I'm thinking, "great, he's not going to
    let this slide because I have a Steelers license plate holder on my car." He
    comes back and jokingly says, "you know, I should give you a ticket just for
    the Steelers license plate holder." I wasn't amused, and grumbled, "I know,
    I kinda figured you'd say something like that."

    Anyway, he let me go with a warning. I pulled into a parking lot about two blocks
    away to let my brother-in-law out and he tapped my license plate. And of course,
    the light came on.

    I was glad I didn't get ticketed, but was still pissed off about the plate holder comment.
    You should have tried to flee like Marcus Vick. Once you got up to 88 mph, you would be sent back to 11-12-55 (so far in the past that it was in the middle of a Browns championship season ). There is no way one of these:



    could outrun a DeLorean.


  3. #3

    Re: Cleveland cop harasses Steelers fan

    Well at least he didn't give you a ticket. Knowing the Cleveland five O like myself...I know you got off easy.

  4. #4
    Pro Bowler Jigawatts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Around The Way, OH
    Posts
    2,447

    Re: Cleveland cop harasses Steelers fan

    Lol Ruthless, unfortunately I just took out the plutonium chamber
    in favor of a "green" Mr. Fusion device that is to be installed tomorrow. So at the
    time, I didn't have a power source to generate the 1.21 jigawatts needed for time travel.

    I should have just went with the Tommy boy killer bee bit.

    Oh, and to top the night off. After getting back from the Indians game at 3:30 A.M.
    do to an almost three hour rain delay, I came home to a house with no power. The
    power didn't come back on until this afternoon.

  5. #5
    Pro Bowler Jigawatts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Around The Way, OH
    Posts
    2,447

    Re: Cleveland cop harasses Steelers fan

    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Well at least he didn't give you a ticket. Knowing the Cleveland five O like myself...I know you got off easy.
    I was actually in Solon, and was shocked I didn't get a ticket. My bro told me
    they're real bad around there about handing out tickets.

  6. #6
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Lakewood, Ohio: On the Stairway TO SEVEN!!!
    Posts
    1,624

    Re: Cleveland cop harasses Steelers fan

    Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Well at least he didn't give you a ticket. Knowing the Cleveland five O like myself...I know you got off easy.
    I was actually in Solon, and was shocked I didn't get a ticket. My bro told me
    they're real bad around there about handing out tickets.


    First off, what kind of d*ckhead cop would make a BS comment like he made to you. This guy is a professional (allegedly) public servant, paid for by tax payers, some of whom might just be Steelers fans.

    What a pr!ck! In this day and age when jobs are hard enough to come by and harder than ever to keep, it's d*cks like this Solon cop that give a supposedly honorable profession a bad name.

    This pennis should have been fortunate enough to work for Continental in Cleveland or GM in Dayton. His @$$ would be on the unemployment line today.

    Karma sucks. This moron will get his, sooner or later!
    Steelers...On The STAIRWAY TO SEVEN!!!
    http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1...etsteelfk7.jpg
    ASIAN... thanks, brotha!

  7. #7

    Re: Cleveland cop harasses Steelers fan

    Maybe it's just me but honestly he could have said just about anything to me as long as he didn't give me a ticket. Sounds like he was trying to be funny. But, Jiga yes...the cops are really bad up that way...no doubt about it.

  8. #8
    Pro Bowler Jigawatts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Around The Way, OH
    Posts
    2,447

    Re: Cleveland cop harasses Steelers fan

    Quote Originally Posted by buckeyehoppy
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Well at least he didn't give you a ticket. Knowing the Cleveland five O like myself...I know you got off easy.
    I was actually in Solon, and was shocked I didn't get a ticket. My bro told me
    they're real bad around there about handing out tickets.


    First off, what kind of d*ckhead cop would make a BS comment like he made to you. This guy is a professional (allegedly) public servant, paid for by tax payers, some of whom might just be Steelers fans.

    What a pr!ck! In this day and age when jobs are hard enough to come by and harder than ever to keep, it's d*cks like this Solon cop that give a supposedly honorable profession a bad name.

    This pennis should have been fortunate enough to work for Continental in Cleveland or GM in Dayton. His @$$ would be on the unemployment line today.

    Karma sucks. This moron will get his, sooner or later!

    Wow, you're more angry than I was. Like I said, I know he was just ribbing me
    when he said it, but I didn't appreciate his sense of humor at 2:30 A.M.

    I was going to pm you to let you know I'd be at the game, but it was a last minute
    free ticket deal and I knew I wouldnt get there until the game started anyway.

  9. #9
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Lakewood, Ohio: On the Stairway TO SEVEN!!!
    Posts
    1,624

    Re: Cleveland cop harasses Steelers fan

    Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts
    Wow, you're more angry than I was. Like I said, I know he was just ribbing me
    when he said it, but I didn't appreciate his sense of humor at 2:30 A.M.

    I was going to pm you to let you know I'd be at the game, but it was a last minute
    free ticket deal and I knew I wouldnt get there until the game started anyway.
    The game started at like 10 p.m., didn't it?

    I was in Avon Lake on Friday, so I couldn't have met you anyway. Let me know what the deal is with the Red Legs game.

    BTW, I wouldn't have appreciated his sense of humor at 2:30 a.m. either.

    A friend of mine who is now a SA w/the FBI and was once a cop in Rocky River once said that the crap you got pulled over on was something that cops do look for. The best way to remedy that is to have the guy you use as a mechanic replace all of your lights once a year during a tune up or oil change, whether you need it or not. I've always remembered that and I change all my lights once a year for that reason. I don't need some cop hassling me over a burned out light and the expense of changing them is worth not having to pull over just because I can't keep my ride in good working order.

    Just some food for thought, there. Hope that helps, especially when you're riding through Clowns Territory with Steeler markings on your ride.
    Steelers...On The STAIRWAY TO SEVEN!!!
    http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1...etsteelfk7.jpg
    ASIAN... thanks, brotha!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •