Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Question about Plasma TV

Re: Question about Plasma TV

I totally agree about the cables.

If you're going to get HDMI cables, I recommend ebay. You can usually get them
    shipped for a total cost of around $10.

LasVegasGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts
    If you're going to get HDMI cables, I recommend ebay. You can usually get them
    shipped for a total cost of around $10.

I recently hooked up a PS3 to my Plasma and I bought an HDMI cable on ebay for .99c and the shipping was $4.99.

Anybody want to play MLB "THE SHOW" on-line? My screen name is LVSSTEEL don't let my 1-14 record fool you. Those freakin' 10 year olds are hard to beat.

Starter

thanks for all the input guys. I will get the HDMI cables instead of the Monster's that my bro in-law recommended. I am going tonight to pick one out, all the info that i gathered here coupled with a couple of 40oz. should make for an enteraining evening with the Best Buy employees.

LasVegasGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ghettoscott
    thanks for all the input guys. I will get the HDMI cables instead of the Monster's that my bro in-law recommended. I am going tonight to pick one out, all the info that i gathered here coupled with a couple of 40oz. should make for an enteraining evening with the Best Buy employees.

Ask the best buy employee to explain how a $79 cable transfers 1's and 0's better then a cheap cable? That should get him off your back. Tell him to stick the gold, braided, whatever he is going to say where the sun don't shine. You either have a picture or you don't when it comes to digital. If you were looking to hook up the TV with an anlog picture then I would agree some cables are better then others but for digital it's pretty black and white and you don't need to spend alot of money. I think in the end you will be extremly happy with your Panasonic Plasma and cheap a$$ cables.

Hall of Famer

projection HD is certainly underrated. Sony and JVC make some nice models.

but if flat is were it's at for you, go LCD.
    1 Mike Evans WR Texas A&M
    2 Stephen Tuitt DE Notre Dame
    3c Keith McGill CB Utah
    4 Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5 Jordan Zumwalt ILB UCLA
    5c Anton Exum S Va Tech
    6 Trey Millard FB/TE Oklahoma
    7 Cody Latimer WR Indiana
    7c DeAnthony Thomas RB Oregon

here's another thing to take into consideration when looking at screen size. I just went out and bought a 46 inch sonia bravia LCD. I have to say I'm very happy with it, but when I was buying it, I felt like I "settled" because of the size. I had a little bargaining back and forth with the wife, and because our living room isn't all that large, she didn't want a huge screen in that room. Plus, she wasn't exactly thrilled with my wanting a rear projection (cost effectiveness and bigger screen) taking up a lot of space depth-wise. So, like I said, I felt I settled with the 46" model. but when I got home, I realized how big that really is. When you are looking at it in the store, you are in a huge room on a huge wall. Remember, everything gets smaller when you take it into your living room. Your TV will generally look much larger in there than it did in the store. You may have already known this, but I thought I'd say it anyway.

Also, you can save a bundle on the floor model in most cases, and still get a full warranty that you would have already paid for anyway, so if something goes wrong, you get a new TV out of the deal. I saved a grand on mine alone.

Quote Originally Posted by proudpittsburgher
    here's another thing to take into consideration when looking at screen size. I just went out and bought a 46 inch sonia bravia LCD. I have to say I'm very happy with it, but when I was buying it, I felt like I "settled" because of the size. I had a little bargaining back and forth with the wife, and because our living room isn't all that large, she didn't want a huge screen in that room. Plus, she wasn't exactly thrilled with my wanting a rear projection (cost effectiveness and bigger screen) taking up a lot of space depth-wise. So, like I said, I felt I settled with the 46" model. but when I got home, I realized how big that really is. When you are looking at it in the store, you are in a huge room on a huge wall. Remember, everything gets smaller when you take it into your living room. Your TV will generally look much larger in there than it did in the store. You may have already known this, but I thought I'd say it anyway.

Also, you can save a bundle on the floor model in most cases, and still get a full warranty that you would have already paid for anyway, so if something goes wrong, you get a new TV out of the deal. I saved a grand on mine alone.

You hit it on the head. I have a 46' LCD from Samsung and I likewise had to compromise because the wife wanted to save space in the living room and we had a little rug rat was scared that a TV on a stand would fall on her (apparently this actually happened on toddler and she read about it). She wanted one that was wall mounted so we compromised.... The 46' looks huge and has a crisper picture than any rear projection TV could generate. Love my LCD