Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 46 of 46

Thread: Dixon: Steal of the Draft?

  1. #41
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    South West Indiana
    Posts
    2,091

    Re: Dixon: Steal of the Draft?

    I'm looking foward to seeing this guy get plenty of preseason action. Watching Batch got old because we knew what he brought to the table & Brian Saint Pierre was never very impressive.

  2. #42
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    25,550

    Re: Dixon: Steal of the Draft?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    I'm looking foward to seeing this guy get plenty of preseason action. Watching Batch got old because we knew what he brought to the table & Brian Saint Pierre was never very impressive.
    In the past, you didn't feel like you were getting your money's worth out of paying for pre-season tickets, simply because the starters would only play for so long. This year, however, I won't be as interested in the first half of pre-season games with Ben throwing to Hines and handing off to Willie as I will be in watching the second half of pre-season games with Dixon throwing to Sweed and handing off to Mendenhall.


    1 CB Vernon Hargreaves Florida 5-10 204
    2 DT Austin Johnson Penn State 6-4 314
    3 SS Jeremy Cash Duke 6-0 212
    4 LB Jaylon Smith Notre Dame 6-2 223
    6 WR Moritz Boehringer Germany 6-4 227
    7 OT Brandon Shell South Carolina 6-5 324
    7 RB Tre Madden USC 6-0 223

    UDFA
    DE David Onyemata, LB Ian Seau, FS Jordan Lomax, CB DeAndre Elliott,
    QB Jeff Driskel, TE David Morgan, OG Spencer Drango, OC Mike Matthews

    2015 MNF Executive Champion!

  3. #43
    Legend Shawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    10,602

    Re: Dixon: Steal of the Draft?

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    I'm looking foward to seeing this guy get plenty of preseason action. Watching Batch got old because we knew what he brought to the table & Brian Saint Pierre was never very impressive.
    In the past, you didn't feel like you were getting your money's worth out of paying for pre-season tickets, simply because the starters would only play for so long. This year, however, I won't be as interested in the first half of pre-season games with Ben throwing to Hines and handing off to Willie as I will be in watching the second half of pre-season games with Dixon throwing to Sweed and handing off to Mendenhall.
    $$$
    1.25 CB Eli Apple-DB-tOSU
    2.58 SS Vonn Bell-DB tOSU
    3.89 DT Javon Hargrave-SC State
    4.123 DE-Matt Judon-Grand Valley State
    6.220 RB-Tyler Erwin-San Jose State
    7.229 WR Geronimo Allison-Ilinois
    7.246 QB-Cody Kessler-USC

  4. #44
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    South West Indiana
    Posts
    2,091

    Re: Dixon: Steal of the Draft?

    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    I'm looking foward to seeing this guy get plenty of preseason action. Watching Batch got old because we knew what he brought to the table & Brian Saint Pierre was never very impressive.
    In the past, you didn't feel like you were getting your money's worth out of paying for pre-season tickets, simply because the starters would only play for so long. This year, however, I won't be as interested in the first half of pre-season games with Ben throwing to Hines and handing off to Willie as I will be in watching the second half of pre-season games with Dixon throwing to Sweed and handing off to Mendenhall.
    $$$
    These pre-season games might be the most exciting because of all our prospects. We got alot of talent this past draft!!!! I heard Tony Hill today on ESPN 1250 while at work. The guy has alot of personality & if he is healthy he could be a gem.

  5. #45

    Re: Dixon: Steal of the Draft?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelHoss
    Please accept a My Bad for the numbers on my prior post. 11-5...12-4 sounds alot better Here We Go Steelers...Here We Go...
    Steelhoss only got a 6 on his wonderlic. :P
    or in steelhoss math....a 5.

  6. #46
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    8,531

    Re: Dixon: Steal of the Draft?

    Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Smart, strong character, fast, terrific arm, poised, can make all the throws...
    Dixon is a winner in every sense of the word. He is our most underrated pick.
    I look foward to seeing this guy develop.
    I will ask this again. How is this guy the steal of the draft?

    I would be excited if we didn't have Ben - that Dixon could be the QB of the future.

    But the most he can be is a backup QB -- and that is a good thing but not enough for me to go apesheet over.

    What kind of realistic trade value could we get in a couple of years? I mean, the only way we could get something is if he is playing and excelling -- and that means both Ben and Batch are out.

    Don't get me wrong, I kind of like the pick -- I'm just not feeling the excuberance that you all are.

    He could be our Matt Schaub.
    But to be our Schaub, wouldn't he have to get semi-significant playing time?

    And that would mean Ben/Batch would both be out/unavailable.

    I just don't see how that happens.

    Unless Dan Snyder gets a woody for him and then anything is possible.
    You say that as if it could never happen...

    Pappy


    1.25) Artie Burns - CB, Miami (Mackensie Aleander)
    2.58 ) Sean Davis - S/CB, Maryland (Deion Jones)
    3.89) Javon Hargrave - DT, S. Carolina St. (Nick Vannett)
    4.123) Jerald Hawkins - OT, LSU (Deandre Houston-Carson)
    6.220) Travis Feeny - OLB, Wash (Darius Jackson)
    7.227) Demarcus Ayers - WR, Hou (Graham Glasgow)
    7.246) Tyler Matakevich - OLB, Temple (Travis Feeney)


    The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •