Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Dixon: Steal of the Draft?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Dixon: Steal of the Draft?

I'm looking foward to seeing this guy get plenty of preseason action. Watching Batch got old because we knew what he brought to the table & Brian Saint Pierre was never very impressive.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    I'm looking foward to seeing this guy get plenty of preseason action. Watching Batch got old because we knew what he brought to the table & Brian Saint Pierre was never very impressive.
    In the past, you didn't feel like you were getting your money's worth out of paying for pre-season tickets, simply because the starters would only play for so long. This year, however, I won't be as interested in the first half of pre-season games with Ben throwing to Hines and handing off to Willie as I will be in watching the second half of pre-season games with Dixon throwing to Sweed and handing off to Mendenhall.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    In the past, you didn't feel like you were getting your money's worth out of paying for pre-season tickets, simply because the starters would only play for so long. This year, however, I won't be as interested in the first half of pre-season games with Ben throwing to Hines and handing off to Willie as I will be in watching the second half of pre-season games with Dixon throwing to Sweed and handing off to Mendenhall.
    $$$
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    $$$
    These pre-season games might be the most exciting because of all our prospects. We got alot of talent this past draft!!!! I heard Tony Hill today on ESPN 1250 while at work. The guy has alot of personality & if he is healthy he could be a gem.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelHoss
    Please accept a My Bad for the numbers on my prior post. 11-5...12-4 sounds alot better Here We Go Steelers...Here We Go...
    Steelhoss only got a 6 on his wonderlic. :P
    or in steelhoss math....a 5.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Smart, strong character, fast, terrific arm, poised, can make all the throws...
    Dixon is a winner in every sense of the word. He is our most underrated pick.
    I look foward to seeing this guy develop.
    I will ask this again. How is this guy the steal of the draft?

I would be excited if we didn't have Ben - that Dixon could be the QB of the future.

But the most he can be is a backup QB -- and that is a good thing but not enough for me to go apesheet over.

What kind of realistic trade value could we get in a couple of years? I mean, the only way we could get something is if he is playing and excelling -- and that means both Ben and Batch are out.

Don't get me wrong, I kind of like the pick -- I'm just not feeling the excuberance that you all are.

He could be our Matt Schaub.
    But to be our Schaub, wouldn't he have to get semi-significant playing time?

And that would mean Ben/Batch would both be out/unavailable.

I just don't see how that happens.

Unless Dan Snyder gets a woody for him and then anything is possible.
    You say that as if it could never happen...

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount