Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: FAVORITE SPIRIT?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: FAVORITE SPIRIT?

Quote Originally Posted by Les 74
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher

I'm not a recovering alcoholic or anything like that.When I was growing up,my dad used to drink quite a bit(especially on the weekends.)Whenever he drank,he turned into #1 a-hole on the planet.I always swore that I would NEVER be that way around my kids.So,I just don't drink around them.Even when they aren't around,the most I'll have is two beers.

I totally respect that. I've been married four years. I drank at my bachelor party (in excess). For a year and a half I drank sparingly (wine at holidays and no more that 2 glasses). My daughter came and I didn't drink until NKy's Cincy gig (in excess and you all saw the pictures)..... haven't drank a drop since (that was Oct. last year). I can't say that I'll never drink, but I find it less of an issue with each year that I get older. But I must say that if I were to take another sip it would Goose.

With drinking comes the headache of who is going to drive me. And when I'm home, I'm a dad and I just don't drink around my daughter, I'm too busy enjoying her and the cool age she's at. Her twirling of the Terrible towel skills is much improved from last year.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I like red wine. I like it with steak or something with a strong sauce.

I have a glass of white or a beer before bed most everynight (For health reasons!!!)

I don't drink that much "hard stuff" any more -- but I do like B&B.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

motter1975

Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    Quote Originally Posted by motter1975
    Favorite Beer: Blue Moon
    Favorite Mixed Drink: Rum and Coke, or in the summer, Parrot Bay and Sprite)

Also like some of your typically girlie frufru drinks (well, I am a girlie, so what do you expect!): flavored martinis (apple, watermelon, chocolate raspberry), mojitos, and last night at our local watering hole, I tried a frozen cosmo, which was pretty good, especially since I don't usually like frozen drinks.

Not to get personal, but I hope you are female..... and if not, I'll apologize now for the ribbing you'll get when all the boys read the above noted comment. But if you are a girl, welcome and I'm glad we have a feminine perspective in such matters.
    Oh, yes, definitely female...so no need to aplogize. I've been a lurker both here and the trib board for awhile. Don't post too terribly often, but when I've got something to contribute, I'll pipe in with my 2 cents worth. Thanks for the welcome!

motter1975

[quote=Les 74][quote=RuthlessBurgher]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Les 74":2bqezm1k
    Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    Quote Originally Posted by "Les 74":2bqezm1k
    I don't drink.Well,at least not when the kids are around and they are ALWAYS around,so I don't drink.
    You're a good man Les.
    Thanks,man.There's a long and boring story behind it.Not sure if anyone wants to hear it.
    I don't drink either. There's no real story behind it. People always want to know why, figuring that somebody who doesn't drink must be a recovering alcoholic or something. I just tried a few things, but never really liked anything. And since I have no desire to ever get drunk, why should I drink something that tastes somewhat like medicine to me? I'd rather have a milkshake than a mixed drink, a root beer instead of a beer, and grape juice over wine. So I'm the designated driver, very happy drinking a Dr. Pepper, Mountain Dew, Jones Soda, Gatorade, or just plain ol' icewater. I would much rather drink water than a Diet Soda too. I don't have to spend $8 for a warm beer at sporting events. [/quote:2bqezm1k]

I'm not a recovering alcoholic or anything like that.When I was growing up,my dad used to drink quite a bit(especially on the weekends.)Whenever he drank,he turned into #1 a-hole on the planet.I always swore that I would NEVER be that way around my kids.So,I just don't drink around them.Even when they aren't around,the most I'll have is two beers.[/quote:2bqezm1k]

Smart man...my fiance is the same way, having dealt with an alcoholic mother and multiple alcoholic stepfathers. When his kids were younger, he'd barely drink around them at all, and on the rare ocasions when he went out drinking with friends, he made a rule that no matter what, he would NEVER discipline his kids when he'd had any alcohol at all. Now the kids are all grown up, so he and I both drink often, but not in mass quantity.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by motter1975
    Smart man...my fiance is the same way, having dealt with an alcoholic mother and multiple alcoholic stepfathers. When his kids were younger, he'd barely drink around them at all, and on the rare ocasions when he went out drinking with friends, he made a rule that no matter what, he would NEVER discipline his kids when he'd had any alcohol at all. Now the kids are all grown up, so he and I both drink often, but not in mass quantity.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.