Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 35

Thread: FAVORITE SPIRIT?

  1. #21

    Re: FAVORITE SPIRIT?

    Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    Quote Originally Posted by Les 74
    I don't drink.Well,at least not when the kids are around and they are ALWAYS around,so I don't drink.
    You're a good man Les.
    Thanks,man.There's a long and boring story behind it.Not sure if anyone wants to hear it.

  2. #22
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    20,353

    Re: FAVORITE SPIRIT?

    [quote=Les 74]
    Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    Quote Originally Posted by "Les 74":3gg3rayu
    I don't drink.Well,at least not when the kids are around and they are ALWAYS around,so I don't drink.
    You're a good man Les.
    Thanks,man.There's a long and boring story behind it.Not sure if anyone wants to hear it.[/quote:3gg3rayu]

    I don't drink either. There's no real story behind it. People always want to know why, figuring that somebody who doesn't drink must be a recovering alcoholic or something. I just tried a few things, but never really liked anything. And since I have no desire to ever get drunk, why should I drink something that tastes somewhat like medicine to me? I'd rather have a milkshake than a mixed drink, a root beer instead of a beer, and grape juice over wine. So I'm the designated driver, very happy drinking a Dr. Pepper, Mountain Dew, Jones Soda, Gatorade, or just plain ol' icewater. I would much rather drink water than a Diet Soda too. I don't have to spend $8 for a warm beer at sporting events.


    1.15 WR Mike Evans, Texas A&M
    2.46 TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington
    3.97c ILB Shayne Skov, Stanford
    4.118 CB Philip Gaines, Rice
    5.157 OT James Hurst, North Carolina
    5.173c RB Jerrick McKinnon, Georgia Southern
    6.192 CB Walt Aikens, Liberty
    6.215c DE Deandre Coleman, California
    7.230 NT Zack Kerr, Delaware

  3. #23
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    South West Indiana
    Posts
    2,091

    Re: FAVORITE SPIRIT?

    [quote=RuthlessBurgher]
    Quote Originally Posted by Les 74
    Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    Quote Originally Posted by "Les 74":1xwkqfvu
    I don't drink.Well,at least not when the kids are around and they are ALWAYS around,so I don't drink.
    You're a good man Les.
    Thanks,man.There's a long and boring story behind it.Not sure if anyone wants to hear it.
    I don't drink either. There's no real story behind it. People always want to know why, figuring that somebody who doesn't drink must be a recovering alcoholic or something. I just tried a few things, but never really liked anything. And since I have no desire to ever get drunk, why should I drink something that tastes somewhat like medicine to me? I'd rather have a milkshake than a mixed drink, a root beer instead of a beer, and grape juice over wine. So I'm the designated driver, very happy drinking a Dr. Pepper, Mountain Dew, Jones Soda, Gatorade, or just plain ol' icewater. I would much rather drink water than a Diet Soda too. I don't have to spend $8 for a warm beer at sporting events. [/quote:1xwkqfvu]


    You have saved yourself a fortune by being a non-drinker. That's something to be proud of!

  4. #24
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    20,353

    Re: FAVORITE SPIRIT?

    [quote=Ozey74]
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by Les 74
    Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    Quote Originally Posted by "Les 74":2n54dxfj
    I don't drink.Well,at least not when the kids are around and they are ALWAYS around,so I don't drink.
    You're a good man Les.
    Thanks,man.There's a long and boring story behind it.Not sure if anyone wants to hear it.
    I don't drink either. There's no real story behind it. People always want to know why, figuring that somebody who doesn't drink must be a recovering alcoholic or something. I just tried a few things, but never really liked anything. And since I have no desire to ever get drunk, why should I drink something that tastes somewhat like medicine to me? I'd rather have a milkshake than a mixed drink, a root beer instead of a beer, and grape juice over wine. So I'm the designated driver, very happy drinking a Dr. Pepper, Mountain Dew, Jones Soda, Gatorade, or just plain ol' icewater. I would much rather drink water than a Diet Soda too. I don't have to spend $8 for a warm beer at sporting events.

    You have saved yourself a fortune by being a non-drinker. That's something to be proud of! [/quote:2n54dxfj]

    I've also saved myself a fortune by not paying for haircuts. My mother has her own beauty shop, and if I need a trim, she will just pull out the scissors whenever we visit her house. So I've always had a "Mom haircut" except that since my mom does that for a living, I don't have the butcher job that are typical of most Mom haircuts...I have the professional Mom version. :P


    1.15 WR Mike Evans, Texas A&M
    2.46 TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington
    3.97c ILB Shayne Skov, Stanford
    4.118 CB Philip Gaines, Rice
    5.157 OT James Hurst, North Carolina
    5.173c RB Jerrick McKinnon, Georgia Southern
    6.192 CB Walt Aikens, Liberty
    6.215c DE Deandre Coleman, California
    7.230 NT Zack Kerr, Delaware

  5. #25

    Re: FAVORITE SPIRIT?

    [quote=RuthlessBurgher]
    Quote Originally Posted by Les 74
    Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    Quote Originally Posted by "Les 74":23hienn8
    I don't drink.Well,at least not when the kids are around and they are ALWAYS around,so I don't drink.
    You're a good man Les.
    Thanks,man.There's a long and boring story behind it.Not sure if anyone wants to hear it.
    I don't drink either. There's no real story behind it. People always want to know why, figuring that somebody who doesn't drink must be a recovering alcoholic or something. I just tried a few things, but never really liked anything. And since I have no desire to ever get drunk, why should I drink something that tastes somewhat like medicine to me? I'd rather have a milkshake than a mixed drink, a root beer instead of a beer, and grape juice over wine. So I'm the designated driver, very happy drinking a Dr. Pepper, Mountain Dew, Jones Soda, Gatorade, or just plain ol' icewater. I would much rather drink water than a Diet Soda too. I don't have to spend $8 for a warm beer at sporting events. [/quote:23hienn8]

    I'm not a recovering alcoholic or anything like that.When I was growing up,my dad used to drink quite a bit(especially on the weekends.)Whenever he drank,he turned into #1 a-hole on the planet.I always swore that I would NEVER be that way around my kids.So,I just don't drink around them.Even when they aren't around,the most I'll have is two beers.

  6. #26
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    South West Indiana
    Posts
    2,091

    Re: FAVORITE SPIRIT?

    [quote=Les 74][quote=RuthlessBurgher]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Les 74":3cwt19b7
    Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    Quote Originally Posted by "Les 74":3cwt19b7
    I don't drink.Well,at least not when the kids are around and they are ALWAYS around,so I don't drink.
    You're a good man Les.
    Thanks,man.There's a long and boring story behind it.Not sure if anyone wants to hear it.
    I don't drink either. There's no real story behind it. People always want to know why, figuring that somebody who doesn't drink must be a recovering alcoholic or something. I just tried a few things, but never really liked anything. And since I have no desire to ever get drunk, why should I drink something that tastes somewhat like medicine to me? I'd rather have a milkshake than a mixed drink, a root beer instead of a beer, and grape juice over wine. So I'm the designated driver, very happy drinking a Dr. Pepper, Mountain Dew, Jones Soda, Gatorade, or just plain ol' icewater. I would much rather drink water than a Diet Soda too. I don't have to spend $8 for a warm beer at sporting events. [/quote:3cwt19b7]

    I'm not a recovering alcoholic or anything like that.When I was growing up,my dad used to drink quite a bit(especially on the weekends.)Whenever he drank,he turned into #1 a-hole on the planet.I always swore that I would NEVER be that way around my kids.So,I just don't drink around them.Even when they aren't around,the most I'll have is two beers.[/quote:3cwt19b7]


    I have no kids, but if I did I don't think I would want to have more than two drinks. My wife & I babysit our niece's alot and watching kids is alot of work -I would think drinking while watching kids would just make it more difficult.

  7. #27
    Pro Bowler Jigawatts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Around The Way, OH
    Posts
    2,406

    Re: FAVORITE SPIRIT?

    Besides an occasional beer, I'm also a non-drinker. I had my fun in college and
    decided to call it quits before I graduated. When I do have my occasional beer
    (no more than 3 in one sitting), my favorite is IC Light, Guinness, and Yuengling.

    Ruthless, the only reason I married my wife was for free haircuts.

  8. #28
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    20,353

    Re: FAVORITE SPIRIT?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts
    Besides an occasional beer, I'm also a non-drinker. I had my fun in college and
    decided to call it quits before I graduated. When I do have my occasional beer
    (no more than 3 in one sitting), my favorite is IC Light, Guinness, and Yuengling.

    Ruthless, the only reason I married my wife was for free haircuts.
    I stopped getting haircuts for a while, and just let my hair grow. My mother was ticked off, since she was a beautician who had a son who she felt was making her look bad by going around with a mop on his head. I told my wife when it was long enough, I would cut it off an donate to Locks for Love (making wigs for kids with cancer). When my mom heard about this, she had a ruler and scissors waiting for me the next time we came over to her house. Long hair story short, I went something like this...



    to something like this...



    Sorry for hijacking this thread with hair stories. Back to the alkie-hol talk!


    1.15 WR Mike Evans, Texas A&M
    2.46 TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington
    3.97c ILB Shayne Skov, Stanford
    4.118 CB Philip Gaines, Rice
    5.157 OT James Hurst, North Carolina
    5.173c RB Jerrick McKinnon, Georgia Southern
    6.192 CB Walt Aikens, Liberty
    6.215c DE Deandre Coleman, California
    7.230 NT Zack Kerr, Delaware

  9. #29
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Woooooo!!!
    Posts
    2,976

    Re: FAVORITE SPIRIT?

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts
    Besides an occasional beer, I'm also a non-drinker. I had my fun in college and
    decided to call it quits before I graduated. When I do have my occasional beer
    (no more than 3 in one sitting), my favorite is IC Light, Guinness, and Yuengling.

    Ruthless, the only reason I married my wife was for free haircuts.
    I stopped getting haircuts for a while, and just let my hair grow. My mother was ticked off, since she was a beautician who had a son who she felt was making her look bad by going around with a mop on his head. I told my wife when it was long enough, I would cut it off an donate to Locks for Love (making wigs for kids with cancer). When my mom heard about this, she had a ruler and scissors waiting for me the next time we came over to her house. Long hair story short, I went something like this...



    to something like this...



    Sorry for hijacking this thread with hair stories. Back to the alkie-hol talk!
    Thanks for posting your photo. Don't worry it won't show up in future photoshopping contests
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

  10. #30
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    20,353

    Re: FAVORITE SPIRIT?

    Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts
    Besides an occasional beer, I'm also a non-drinker. I had my fun in college and
    decided to call it quits before I graduated. When I do have my occasional beer
    (no more than 3 in one sitting), my favorite is IC Light, Guinness, and Yuengling.

    Ruthless, the only reason I married my wife was for free haircuts.
    I stopped getting haircuts for a while, and just let my hair grow. My mother was ticked off, since she was a beautician who had a son who she felt was making her look bad by going around with a mop on his head. I told my wife when it was long enough, I would cut it off an donate to Locks for Love (making wigs for kids with cancer). When my mom heard about this, she had a ruler and scissors waiting for me the next time we came over to her house. Long hair story short, I went something like this...



    to something like this...



    Sorry for hijacking this thread with hair stories. Back to the alkie-hol talk!
    Thanks for posting your photo. Don't worry it won't show up in future photoshopping contests
    No need to kiss up to MJG anymore. Costanza, have I told you that Seinfeld is my all-time favorite show? I had a roommate in college who was a Sikh too. You are my friend, right? Right???


    1.15 WR Mike Evans, Texas A&M
    2.46 TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington
    3.97c ILB Shayne Skov, Stanford
    4.118 CB Philip Gaines, Rice
    5.157 OT James Hurst, North Carolina
    5.173c RB Jerrick McKinnon, Georgia Southern
    6.192 CB Walt Aikens, Liberty
    6.215c DE Deandre Coleman, California
    7.230 NT Zack Kerr, Delaware

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •