Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FAVORITE SPIRIT?

Re: FAVORITE SPIRIT?

Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    Quote Originally Posted by Les 74
    I don't drink.Well,at least not when the kids are around and they are ALWAYS around,so I don't drink.
    You're a good man Les.
    Thanks,man.There's a long and boring story behind it.Not sure if anyone wants to hear it.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

[quote=Les 74]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Les 74":3gg3rayu
    I don't drink.Well,at least not when the kids are around and they are ALWAYS around,so I don't drink.
    You're a good man Les.
    Thanks,man.There's a long and boring story behind it.Not sure if anyone wants to hear it.[/quote:3gg3rayu]

I don't drink either. There's no real story behind it. People always want to know why, figuring that somebody who doesn't drink must be a recovering alcoholic or something. I just tried a few things, but never really liked anything. And since I have no desire to ever get drunk, why should I drink something that tastes somewhat like medicine to me? I'd rather have a milkshake than a mixed drink, a root beer instead of a beer, and grape juice over wine. So I'm the designated driver, very happy drinking a Dr. Pepper, Mountain Dew, Jones Soda, Gatorade, or just plain ol' icewater. I would much rather drink water than a Diet Soda too. I don't have to spend $8 for a warm beer at sporting events.

Pro Bowler

[quote=RuthlessBurgher]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Les 74":1xwkqfvu
    You're a good man Les.
    Thanks,man.There's a long and boring story behind it.Not sure if anyone wants to hear it.
    I don't drink either. There's no real story behind it. People always want to know why, figuring that somebody who doesn't drink must be a recovering alcoholic or something. I just tried a few things, but never really liked anything. And since I have no desire to ever get drunk, why should I drink something that tastes somewhat like medicine to me? I'd rather have a milkshake than a mixed drink, a root beer instead of a beer, and grape juice over wine. So I'm the designated driver, very happy drinking a Dr. Pepper, Mountain Dew, Jones Soda, Gatorade, or just plain ol' icewater. I would much rather drink water than a Diet Soda too. I don't have to spend $8 for a warm beer at sporting events. [/quote:1xwkqfvu]

You have saved yourself a fortune by being a non-drinker. That's something to be proud of!

[quote=Ozey74]
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by "Les 74":2n54dxfj
    You're a good man Les.
    I don't drink either. There's no real story behind it. People always want to know why, figuring that somebody who doesn't drink must be a recovering alcoholic or something. I just tried a few things, but never really liked anything. And since I have no desire to ever get drunk, why should I drink something that tastes somewhat like medicine to me? I'd rather have a milkshake than a mixed drink, a root beer instead of a beer, and grape juice over wine. So I'm the designated driver, very happy drinking a Dr. Pepper, Mountain Dew, Jones Soda, Gatorade, or just plain ol' icewater. I would much rather drink water than a Diet Soda too. I don't have to spend $8 for a warm beer at sporting events.

You have saved yourself a fortune by being a non-drinker. That's something to be proud of! [/quote:2n54dxfj]

I've also saved myself a fortune by not paying for haircuts. My mother has her own beauty shop, and if I need a trim, she will just pull out the scissors whenever we visit her house. So I've always had a "Mom haircut" except that since my mom does that for a living, I don't have the butcher job that are typical of most Mom haircuts...I have the professional Mom version. :P

[quote=RuthlessBurgher]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Les 74":23hienn8
    You're a good man Les.
    I don't drink either. There's no real story behind it. People always want to know why, figuring that somebody who doesn't drink must be a recovering alcoholic or something. I just tried a few things, but never really liked anything. And since I have no desire to ever get drunk, why should I drink something that tastes somewhat like medicine to me? I'd rather have a milkshake than a mixed drink, a root beer instead of a beer, and grape juice over wine. So I'm the designated driver, very happy drinking a Dr. Pepper, Mountain Dew, Jones Soda, Gatorade, or just plain ol' icewater. I would much rather drink water than a Diet Soda too. I don't have to spend $8 for a warm beer at sporting events. [/quote:23hienn8]

I'm not a recovering alcoholic or anything like that.When I was growing up,my dad used to drink quite a bit(especially on the weekends.)Whenever he drank,he turned into #1 a-hole on the planet.I always swore that I would NEVER be that way around my kids.So,I just don't drink around them.Even when they aren't around,the most I'll have is two beers.

Pro Bowler

[quote=Les 74][quote=RuthlessBurgher]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Les 74":3cwt19b7
    Quote Originally Posted by "Les 74":3cwt19b7
    You're a good man Les.
    I don't drink either. There's no real story behind it. People always want to know why, figuring that somebody who doesn't drink must be a recovering alcoholic or something. I just tried a few things, but never really liked anything. And since I have no desire to ever get drunk, why should I drink something that tastes somewhat like medicine to me? I'd rather have a milkshake than a mixed drink, a root beer instead of a beer, and grape juice over wine. So I'm the designated driver, very happy drinking a Dr. Pepper, Mountain Dew, Jones Soda, Gatorade, or just plain ol' icewater. I would much rather drink water than a Diet Soda too. I don't have to spend $8 for a warm beer at sporting events. [/quote:3cwt19b7]

I'm not a recovering alcoholic or anything like that.When I was growing up,my dad used to drink quite a bit(especially on the weekends.)Whenever he drank,he turned into #1 a-hole on the planet.I always swore that I would NEVER be that way around my kids.So,I just don't drink around them.Even when they aren't around,the most I'll have is two beers.[/quote:3cwt19b7]

I have no kids, but if I did I don't think I would want to have more than two drinks. My wife & I babysit our niece's alot and watching kids is alot of work -I would think drinking while watching kids would just make it more difficult.

Besides an occasional beer, I'm also a non-drinker. I had my fun in college and
    decided to call it quits before I graduated. When I do have my occasional beer
    (no more than 3 in one sitting), my favorite is IC Light, Guinness, and Yuengling.

Ruthless, the only reason I married my wife was for free haircuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts
    (no more than 3 in one sitting), my favorite is IC Light, Guinness, and Yuengling.

I stopped getting haircuts for a while, and just let my hair grow. My mother was ticked off, since she was a beautician who had a son who she felt was making her look bad by going around with a mop on his head. I told my wife when it was long enough, I would cut it off an donate to Locks for Love (making wigs for kids with cancer). When my mom heard about this, she had a ruler and scissors waiting for me the next time we came over to her house. Long hair story short, I went something like this...

to something like this...

Sorry for hijacking this thread with hair stories. Back to the alkie-hol talk!

Hall of Famer

I stopped getting haircuts for a while, and just let my hair grow. My mother was ticked off, since she was a beautician who had a son who she felt was making her look bad by going around with a mop on his head. I told my wife when it was long enough, I would cut it off an donate to Locks for Love (making wigs for kids with cancer). When my mom heard about this, she had a ruler and scissors waiting for me the next time we came over to her house. Long hair story short, I went something like this...

Thanks for posting your photo. Don't worry it won't show up in future photoshopping contests
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene

Thanks for posting your photo. Don't worry it won't show up in future photoshopping contests
    No need to kiss up to MJG anymore. Costanza, have I told you that Seinfeld is my all-time favorite show? I had a roommate in college who was a Sikh too. You are my friend, right? Right???