Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FAVORITE SPIRIT?

Re: FAVORITE SPIRIT?

Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    Quote Originally Posted by Les 74
    I don't drink.Well,at least not when the kids are around and they are ALWAYS around,so I don't drink.
    You're a good man Les.
    Thanks,man.There's a long and boring story behind it.Not sure if anyone wants to hear it.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

[quote=Les 74]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Les 74":3gg3rayu
    I don't drink.Well,at least not when the kids are around and they are ALWAYS around,so I don't drink.
    You're a good man Les.
    Thanks,man.There's a long and boring story behind it.Not sure if anyone wants to hear it.[/quote:3gg3rayu]

I don't drink either. There's no real story behind it. People always want to know why, figuring that somebody who doesn't drink must be a recovering alcoholic or something. I just tried a few things, but never really liked anything. And since I have no desire to ever get drunk, why should I drink something that tastes somewhat like medicine to me? I'd rather have a milkshake than a mixed drink, a root beer instead of a beer, and grape juice over wine. So I'm the designated driver, very happy drinking a Dr. Pepper, Mountain Dew, Jones Soda, Gatorade, or just plain ol' icewater. I would much rather drink water than a Diet Soda too. I don't have to spend $8 for a warm beer at sporting events.

1.15 WR Mike Evans, Texas A&M
    2.46 TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington
    3.97c ILB Shayne Skov, Stanford
    4.118 CB Philip Gaines, Rice
    5.157 OT James Hurst, North Carolina
    5.173c RB Jerrick McKinnon, Georgia Southern
    6.192 CB Walt Aikens, Liberty
    6.215c DE Deandre Coleman, California
    7.230 NT Zack Kerr, Delaware

Pro Bowler

[quote=RuthlessBurgher]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Les 74":1xwkqfvu
    You're a good man Les.
    Thanks,man.There's a long and boring story behind it.Not sure if anyone wants to hear it.
    I don't drink either. There's no real story behind it. People always want to know why, figuring that somebody who doesn't drink must be a recovering alcoholic or something. I just tried a few things, but never really liked anything. And since I have no desire to ever get drunk, why should I drink something that tastes somewhat like medicine to me? I'd rather have a milkshake than a mixed drink, a root beer instead of a beer, and grape juice over wine. So I'm the designated driver, very happy drinking a Dr. Pepper, Mountain Dew, Jones Soda, Gatorade, or just plain ol' icewater. I would much rather drink water than a Diet Soda too. I don't have to spend $8 for a warm beer at sporting events. [/quote:1xwkqfvu]

You have saved yourself a fortune by being a non-drinker. That's something to be proud of!

[quote=Ozey74]
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by "Les 74":2n54dxfj
    You're a good man Les.
    I don't drink either. There's no real story behind it. People always want to know why, figuring that somebody who doesn't drink must be a recovering alcoholic or something. I just tried a few things, but never really liked anything. And since I have no desire to ever get drunk, why should I drink something that tastes somewhat like medicine to me? I'd rather have a milkshake than a mixed drink, a root beer instead of a beer, and grape juice over wine. So I'm the designated driver, very happy drinking a Dr. Pepper, Mountain Dew, Jones Soda, Gatorade, or just plain ol' icewater. I would much rather drink water than a Diet Soda too. I don't have to spend $8 for a warm beer at sporting events.

You have saved yourself a fortune by being a non-drinker. That's something to be proud of! [/quote:2n54dxfj]

I've also saved myself a fortune by not paying for haircuts. My mother has her own beauty shop, and if I need a trim, she will just pull out the scissors whenever we visit her house. So I've always had a "Mom haircut" except that since my mom does that for a living, I don't have the butcher job that are typical of most Mom haircuts...I have the professional Mom version. :P

[quote=RuthlessBurgher]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Les 74":23hienn8
    You're a good man Les.
    I don't drink either. There's no real story behind it. People always want to know why, figuring that somebody who doesn't drink must be a recovering alcoholic or something. I just tried a few things, but never really liked anything. And since I have no desire to ever get drunk, why should I drink something that tastes somewhat like medicine to me? I'd rather have a milkshake than a mixed drink, a root beer instead of a beer, and grape juice over wine. So I'm the designated driver, very happy drinking a Dr. Pepper, Mountain Dew, Jones Soda, Gatorade, or just plain ol' icewater. I would much rather drink water than a Diet Soda too. I don't have to spend $8 for a warm beer at sporting events. [/quote:23hienn8]

I'm not a recovering alcoholic or anything like that.When I was growing up,my dad used to drink quite a bit(especially on the weekends.)Whenever he drank,he turned into #1 a-hole on the planet.I always swore that I would NEVER be that way around my kids.So,I just don't drink around them.Even when they aren't around,the most I'll have is two beers.

Pro Bowler

[quote=Les 74][quote=RuthlessBurgher]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Les 74":3cwt19b7
    Quote Originally Posted by "Les 74":3cwt19b7
    You're a good man Les.
    I don't drink either. There's no real story behind it. People always want to know why, figuring that somebody who doesn't drink must be a recovering alcoholic or something. I just tried a few things, but never really liked anything. And since I have no desire to ever get drunk, why should I drink something that tastes somewhat like medicine to me? I'd rather have a milkshake than a mixed drink, a root beer instead of a beer, and grape juice over wine. So I'm the designated driver, very happy drinking a Dr. Pepper, Mountain Dew, Jones Soda, Gatorade, or just plain ol' icewater. I would much rather drink water than a Diet Soda too. I don't have to spend $8 for a warm beer at sporting events. [/quote:3cwt19b7]

I'm not a recovering alcoholic or anything like that.When I was growing up,my dad used to drink quite a bit(especially on the weekends.)Whenever he drank,he turned into #1 a-hole on the planet.I always swore that I would NEVER be that way around my kids.So,I just don't drink around them.Even when they aren't around,the most I'll have is two beers.[/quote:3cwt19b7]

I have no kids, but if I did I don't think I would want to have more than two drinks. My wife & I babysit our niece's alot and watching kids is alot of work -I would think drinking while watching kids would just make it more difficult.

Besides an occasional beer, I'm also a non-drinker. I had my fun in college and
    decided to call it quits before I graduated. When I do have my occasional beer
    (no more than 3 in one sitting), my favorite is IC Light, Guinness, and Yuengling.

Ruthless, the only reason I married my wife was for free haircuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts
    (no more than 3 in one sitting), my favorite is IC Light, Guinness, and Yuengling.

I stopped getting haircuts for a while, and just let my hair grow. My mother was ticked off, since she was a beautician who had a son who she felt was making her look bad by going around with a mop on his head. I told my wife when it was long enough, I would cut it off an donate to Locks for Love (making wigs for kids with cancer). When my mom heard about this, she had a ruler and scissors waiting for me the next time we came over to her house. Long hair story short, I went something like this...

to something like this...

Sorry for hijacking this thread with hair stories. Back to the alkie-hol talk!

Hall of Famer

I stopped getting haircuts for a while, and just let my hair grow. My mother was ticked off, since she was a beautician who had a son who she felt was making her look bad by going around with a mop on his head. I told my wife when it was long enough, I would cut it off an donate to Locks for Love (making wigs for kids with cancer). When my mom heard about this, she had a ruler and scissors waiting for me the next time we came over to her house. Long hair story short, I went something like this...

Thanks for posting your photo. Don't worry it won't show up in future photoshopping contests
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene

Thanks for posting your photo. Don't worry it won't show up in future photoshopping contests
    No need to kiss up to MJG anymore. Costanza, have I told you that Seinfeld is my all-time favorite show? I had a roommate in college who was a Sikh too. You are my friend, right? Right???