Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you do it?

Legend

User Info Menu

Would you do it?

Yesterday I dj'd a wedding for a guy who is a die-hard Dodger fan. His best man is just as passionate about the Angels. (I know, baseball suck, just play along here.) For those of you not in So Cal, that is a huge rivalry amongst the fan base. The wedding party wore Dodger hats as they exited the ceremony. The girls had white visors and the guys had blue caps.

So here's the question: if your friend asked you to be a best man for him, but you had to wear a brownies or bungles hat at the end, would you do it?
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Would you do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan
    Yesterday I dj'd a wedding for a guy who is a die-hard Dodger fan. His best man is just as passionate about the Angels. (I know, baseball suck, just play along here.) For those of you not in So Cal, that is a huge rivalry amongst the fan base. The wedding party wore Dodger hats as they exited the ceremony. The girls had white visors and the guys had blue caps.

So here's the question: if your friend asked you to be a best man for him, but you had to wear a brownies or bungles hat at the end, would you do it?
    If my best friend was a Bengals or Browns fan, I would have to start seriously re-thinking my friendships.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

LasVegasGuy

If he was a true friend he wouldn't ask me to do something ridiculous like that.

Backup

User Info Menu

I don't know that I have any friends that are fans of either, but if I did...Bungles??? Definitely No! Browns??? A loooooonnnnnggggg Maybe!
    http://www.planetsteelers.com/cpg141...erpics/sth.jpg

"Success Is Determined By Attitude."
    AS Rocks

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

It's funny you bring this up. My best man in my wedding is a die-hard Browns fan. As some of you know, the favors at my wedding in July 2004 were Terrible Towels that every guest received. My mom, wife, and mom-in-law surprised me with the Towels. When my wedding party, wife, and i were introduced, everybody twirled Terrible Towels! My friend's dad played the Pennsylvania polka on his accordion as we entered. It was quite a surprise! My best man, I am proud to say, waved a towel for me that day. Now, if it were reversed and i had to wave a crap brown towel, I don't think I could've done it.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher

If my best friend was a Bengals or Browns fan, I would have to start seriously re-thinking my friendships.

As for my answer.......................NO.

Starter

User Info Menu

I have alot of friends who are Charger fans, but all of them know that this would be a deal breaker. In fact most would let me wear my Steeler colors/gear. The big difference is even guys who aren't Steeler fans really wish they were, and they like to be associated with winners.

But making me wear another teams colors is like asking me to burn the American flag, it would be over my dead body!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

F no! If he's a true friend he would know that just won't happen.
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

No. I'd rather have a necrotic testicle.

motter1975

Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    No. I'd rather have a necrotic testicle.