Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Favorite "FOODS"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Your Favorite "FOODS"

It had to come up sooner or later, so I might as well get THIS show on the road. Favorite foods? Let me preface this, I'm 1/4 Hispanic (paternal side) and 3/4 Filipino.... Filipinos gather together to party for one reason and one reason only.... and that's to eat. We POT LUCK like crazy... just like the Irish have notoriety for their ability to imbibe, Filipinos are known eaters. So, with that being said, I can put a hurting on any buffet thrown to me. My wife thinks I'm a vacuum. So down to the topic.... Favorite foods.

Pizza: can't get enough of it. My favorite generic delivery pizza is Dominos thin-crust pizza with all forms of toppings... except green peppers, because they tend to make the pizza runny. As for authentic real Italian hand tossed pizza.... there are three venues here in Daytona Beach to savor this form: Marios, Genovese's and "The Steel City" pizzeria known as Giuseppi's. The owners are from Pittsburgh and on Sundays during the season, they only take reservations because its slammed packed.

Off the top of my head....
    Kielbasa with onions and peppers
    Cheeseburgers (from Checkers)
    Rice (off course)
    Peanut butter (I eat a jar of Jif in about 2 weeks)
    Pork Chops Marsala (from Carrabas)
    Popeye's fried chicken
    Okra
    Sashimi
    Sushi
    Linguini in clam sauce (only my wife's recipe)

.... that's it for now. What's yours?

Starter

User Info Menu

Re: Your Favorite "FOODS"

Fried chicken and french fries.I could eat that morning,noon,and night for the rest of my life.......................which,if I ate that way would probably only be a month.

Bacon cheesesteak burgers from the local supermarket
    Chicken marsala from Olive Garden
    Cheesecake
    Tequila Lime wings from Tyson
    Shrimp.............we rarely have this as my wife is deathly allergic to shellfish
    Chicken Parmigiana
    and just about anything from Outback Steakhouse

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Les 74
    Fried chicken and french fries.I could eat that morning,noon,and night for the rest of my life.......................which,if I ate that way would probably only be a month.

Cheesecake
    Shrimp.............we rarely have this as my wife is deathly allergic to shellfish
    Chicken Parmigiana

Dude.... a porterhouse and a bloomin' onion... I'm friggen starvin.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel

Cheesecake
    Chicken Parmigiana

My absolute favorite restaurant.LOVE that place.Funny,but most of the time I don't even get steak.I usually get the Alice Springs chicken.Damn good stuff right there.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

[quote=Les 74]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Les 74":2t3h9y9f

Cheesecake
    Chicken Parmigiana

My absolute favorite restaurant.LOVE that place.Funny,but most of the time I don't even get steak.I usually get the Alice Springs chicken.Damn good stuff right there.[/quote:2t3h9y9f]

My wife is trying to get me into a vegetarian's lifestyle, being a former vegan herself. But I can't do it. I'm a carnivore. I love med rare steaks.... thank god I take supplements to help me evacuate my digestive system, otherwise, I'd be a high candidate for colon issues later on in life.

Starter

User Info Menu

[quote=asiansteel]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Les 74":e9e8br3t

Cheesecake
    Chicken Parmigiana

My absolute favorite restaurant.LOVE that place.Funny,but most of the time I don't even get steak.I usually get the Alice Springs chicken.Damn good stuff right there.

My wife is trying to get me into a vegetarian's lifestyle, being a former vegan herself. But I can't do it. I'm a carnivore. I love med rare steaks.... thank god I take supplements to help me evacuate my digestive system, otherwise, I'd be a high candidate for colon issues later on in life.[/quote:e9e8br3t]

Medium rare???Damn dude.What are you a vampire or something??? Only well done for me.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Medium rare???Damn dude.What are you a vampire or something??? Only well done for me.

During college I worked at a four-star restaurant as a waiter. We did table side service, where we'd make caesar salad, steak diane flambes, bananas foster.... during then is when I started really developing my pallet for steak. Just grew to like it like that.

Starter

User Info Menu

During college I worked at a four-star restaurant as a waiter. We did table side service, where we'd make caesar salad, steak diane flambes, bananas foster.... during then is when I started really developing my pallet for steak. Just grew to like it like that.
    Steak diane is a very good dish.The local fancy restaurant has it and it is fantastic.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Steak diane is a very good dish.The local fancy restaurant has it and it is fantastic.

If I ever make it up there, I'll come over and cook it from scratch for you and the Mrs. You can tell her my name is Hopsing and I'm a professional Asian cook you've hired for the night.... win some points and won't cost you a thing except the ingredients to make it of course. Its a service I'll provide for you.

"Someday, and that day may never come, I'll call upon you to do a service for me. But, until that day, accept this justice as a gift on my daughter's wedding day."

Starter

User Info Menu

If I ever make it up there, I'll come over and cook it from scratch for you and the Mrs. You can tell her my name is Hopsing and I'm a professional Asian cook you've hired for the night.... win some points and won't cost you a thing except the ingredients to make it of course. Its a service I'll provide for you.

"Someday, and that day may never come, I'll call upon you to do a service for me. But, until that day, accept this justice as a gift on my daughter's wedding day."
    Dude,its a deal,but what kind of service would you want in return???