Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spaeth & Stapleton

Re: Spaeth & Stapleton

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    I think everyone forgets that Spaeth was coming off I believe shoulder surgery last season. A full year to get his strength back and he and Miller will be unstoppable if Ben just throws the TEs the ball.

Mahan will give Kemo a run for his money for LG and I would not be surprised when all is said and done if he wins the job.

I really hope you are wrong.

This is just torture. I just want the pre-season to start tomorrow. Oh well, another month or so until camp.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    I think everyone forgets that Spaeth was coming off I believe shoulder surgery last season. A full year to get his strength back and he and Miller will be unstoppable if Ben just throws the TEs the ball.

Mahan will give Kemo a run for his money for LG and I would not be surprised when all is said and done if he wins the job.

I just don't see Kemo having the mobility to be effective in a zone blocking scheme. The OL will be interesting to look at in camp.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy

I just don't see Kemo having the mobility to be effective in a zone blocking scheme. The OL will be interesting to look at in camp.
    That's interesting because I would probably agree...so why are they trying him out at LG? Why not move Simmons to LG and have the comp at RG? Do they know something we don't? It's possible that he is more mobile than either of us give him credit for? Also, he is supposed to be fairly cerebral...I'm not sure of his Wonderlic but it has been noted that the guy doesn't make mistakes. LG is a far more cerebral position that RG. Mahan is a push over...I could care less how mobile he is if he can't block.

BIG FAN

If Mahon plays anywhere it should be playing with himself in the locker room.
    I dont think he's that good of a linemen as some others do. If he is in our starting line this year, I sure hope to hell he can at least block one guy.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by BIG FAN
    If Mahon plays anywhere it should be playing with himself in the locker room.
    I dont think he's that good of a linemen as some others do. If he is in our starting line this year, I sure hope to hell he can at least block one guy.
    On each play?... Or in each game?... Or over the course of the entire season?...