Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spaeth & Stapleton

Hall of Famer

Spaeth & Stapleton

From PFW......

Apparently Spaeth and Stapleton have done a good job of impressing the coaches thus far during OTAs..... But then again, I personally thought Spaeth did a helluva job last season as well.
    ---------------------------------------------------------

Second-year TE Matt Spaeth has impressed in the Steelersí offseason workouts, the way we hear it. Spaeth is likely to get considerable playing time in the teamís two-TE sets.

A source close to the Steelers notes that Darnell Stapleton has a good shot at being one of the clubís backup centers. Sean Mahan and Justin Hartwig are the top competitors at the position, but it is possible that one of those players could also be in the mix at left guard, where Chris Kemoeatu rates an edge to replace Alan Faneca but will be pushed for the job.

Re: Spaeth & Stapleton

I hope Stapleton is good enough to make this squad. Can you imagine Mahan at Center if Hartwig goes down???

I read somewhere that Spaeth was up to 270 pound now, does anyone remember what he weighed last year. Ben must be schwingin with the weapons he has now...this will be a fun year that's for sure.

That had nothing to do with my post but it needed to be there.
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    I read somewhere that Spaeth was up to 270 pound now, does anyone remember what he weighed last year. Ben must be schwingin with the weapons he has now...this will be a fun year that's for sure.

That had nothing to do with my post but it needed to be there.
    He was listed at 270 pounds last season in the media guide....

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    I hope Stapleton is good enough to make this squad. Can you imagine Mahan at Center if Hartwig goes down???
    ....I never want to see Mahan at center again. Period!......

Legend

I think everyone forgets that Spaeth was coming off I believe shoulder surgery last season. A full year to get his strength back and he and Miller will be unstoppable if Ben just throws the TEs the ball.

Mahan will give Kemo a run for his money for LG and I would not be surprised when all is said and done if he wins the job.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    I think everyone forgets that Spaeth was coming off I believe shoulder surgery last season. A full year to get his strength back and he and Miller will be unstoppable if Ben just throws the TEs the ball.

Mahan will give Kemo a run for his money for LG and I would not be surprised when all is said and done if he wins the job.
    He underwent surgery between college and his rookie season?..... I thought he did a great job last year... That is, when Arians decided to use him...

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo

He underwent surgery between college and his rookie season?..... I thought he did a great job last year... That is, when Arians decided to use him...
    I think Spaeth was doing good in the pass game until he got injured. Spaeth's and Miller's run and pass blocking are a work in progress. Hopefully, they can improve and become close to what Bruener was as a blocker.

Ummm,correct me if I'm wrong,bu tisn't it just about automatic that Spaeth plays in the two TE sets???I mean,who else is gonna line up opposite Heath???

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Les 74
    Ummm,correct me if I'm wrong,bu tisn't it just about automatic that Spaeth plays in the two TE sets???I mean,who else is gonna line up opposite Heath???
    Agreed.... But I do think that Boyd gets more of a look this year in camp....