Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cedric Benson

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Cedric Benson

Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    That wasn't intended to be a knock on your age. I aint that young either. What I meant was that you've been playing FF since before it went BIG TIME!!! Now everyone and their brother plays it......
    I was just kiddin' you man! Yeah, my first league was '91 or '92. I forgot, I've also had Bruenner, Stewart, Eric Green and even Eric Peagram! Peegey was a FA pickup when I had a back (I can't remember who) go down to injury.

Best draft I ever had I got, in the first three rounds, Barry Sanders, Dan Marino and Sterling Sharpe. Sanders and Marino both missed significant time that season.
    Oh, I know your kiddin!!!

Was this the year Marino tore his achellis (sp) tendon? Didn't that happen agains Cleveland?

My first year playing was J. Shockeys rookie year (5 or 6 years) I suppose. I just saw my first FF publication the other day on the newstands. Yet, a sign the off season is on the downslope!!
    Yup.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

[quote=stlrz d]
    Quote Originally Posted by "stlrz d":1mxt96pe
    That wasn't intended to be a knock on your age. I aint that young either. What I meant was that you've been playing FF since before it went BIG TIME!!! Now everyone and their brother plays it......
    I was just kiddin' you man! Yeah, my first league was '91 or '92. I forgot, I've also had Bruenner, Stewart, Eric Green and even Eric Peagram! Peegey was a FA pickup when I had a back (I can't remember who) go down to injury.

Best draft I ever had I got, in the first three rounds, Barry Sanders, Dan Marino and Sterling Sharpe. Sanders and Marino both missed significant time that season.
    Oh, I know your kiddin!!!

Was this the year Marino tore his achellis (sp) tendon? Didn't that happen agains Cleveland?

My first year playing was J. Shockeys rookie year (5 or 6 years) I suppose. I just saw my first FF publication the other day on the newstands. Yet, a sign the off season is on the downslope!!
    Yup. [/quote:1mxt96pe]

Another reason to hate the Stains......

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Najeh Davenport to the Bears anyone? Sixth round pick maybe?
    No...how about Willie Parker to the Bears? They are desperate now...we could rake them over the coals...and we all should know that Mendenhall is a better more complete back and it is a matter of time before he is the Top Dawg.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DVSONE
    No...how about Willie Parker to the Bears? They are desperate now...we could rake them over the coals...and we all should know that Mendenhall is a better more complete back and it is a matter of time before he is the Top Dawg.
    No way FWP is going anywhere. Davenport is the odd man out. Get something for him now.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

And if he doesn't end up being the better back then what?

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. We don't know what RM can do in the NFL yet. We can speculate all we want, but no one knows for sure.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If the Bears thing happened next year after a productive season by Mendenhall, then the Willie trade would be plausible, but I can't see the FO dangling that carrot out there, when our rookie carrot is unproven.... that would be just very unwise.