Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What Happened to the Site?

Re: What Happened to the Site?

Glad to hear it J...thanks for all the hard work.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by jhansle1
    Hello all.

Apologizes about the site but it was not in my control. In the morning I tried to access the site and received a "network' error so I thought it was isolated to my internet connection. I tried again later and had the same results, but was able to access google, and other sites which then I knew was a problem with PlanetSteelers.com. I contacted my web hosting company and they told me that their entire network crashed and were in the process of fixing it. There has been several times that this webhost (StartLogic) has "dropped the ball' and I am not to happy with them at the moment. they uprade their systems which impacts this site without ever notifying people which I think is unacceptable. Moving web host companies is a significant task and I hope I don't have to go that route, but if this stuff continues then that is what I will do. I don't want this to continue happening, and I'm aware of each time it does... I apologize to every member for this inconvenience.

Thank you,

John
    Do you have any kind of Service Level Agreement (SLA) with them?

If so, SUE THE BASTAGES!!!

But changing hosting companies would be a royal pain -- could you even migrate you mysql db with the posting history, etc??
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

BIG FAN

Thanks, for the explanation JH, although tech. troubles will invariably happen, at least someone letting you know whats up is infinitely better than being ignored, or worse having your thread pulled when you ask about it.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by BIG FAN
    Thanks, for the explanation JH, although tech. troubles will invariably happen, at least someone letting you know whats up is infinitely better than being ignored, or worse having your thread pulled when you ask about it.
    True dat....

Thanks J, I'm just happy its the off-season. Working these issues out now prior to the real news worthy time of year would be advisable. Thanks for the 411, bro.

Hall of Famer

I would recommend that JH give his email to a few, frequent, trusted posters (not me). that. In that way, then can email him if the site is down (and each other) to assure it is not an individuals connection and the issues can be remediated quicker.

Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

MJG...I agree and I now have it. I will pass it on to a few others and if this happens again (and I suppose it will) we will at least know whats up.

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    I would recommend that JH give his email to a few, frequent, trusted posters (not me). that. In that way, then can email him if the site is down (and each other) to assure it is not an individuals connection and the issues can be remediated quicker.

I had no idea it was that critical to spread the word if the site was down.
    I mean, if it means not being able to see for a day I can understand...

Quote Originally Posted by steelcityrules!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene

I had no idea it was that critical to spread the word if the site was down.
    I mean, if it means not being able to see for a day I can understand...

Critical no...nice yea. We will have a better line of communication next time the site has problems to keep people in the loop.

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    MJG...I agree and I now have it. I will pass it on to a few others and if this happens again (and I suppose it will) we will at least know whats up.

Great...now there really is a clique!
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285