Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone planning on traveling to see the Steelers in 08?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Anyone planning on traveling to see the Steelers in 08?

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan
    We just need to have roll calls for each game. Remember the home games for us out of towners who might be making the pilgrimage. We're trying for dallas in dec.
    I'd love to put together a Dallas tailgate for planetsteelers
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNation1
    We just need to have roll calls for each game. Remember the home games for us out of towners who might be making the pilgrimage. We're trying for dallas in dec.
    that would rock...I can't help set anything up being from CA but I have no problem putting in $$$. Let us know, that's a great idea!
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

motter1975

I'm gonna try to go to the Redskin's game, if I can get decent seats. It's only about a 3 1/2 hour drive, so that's the one I'd choose. If not, may see about the Raven's game, since Baltimore's only a little further.

I'm also going to try to get some time off and try to go to training camp this year. Depends on what's going on at work.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    that would rock...I can't help set anything up being from CA but I have no problem putting in $$$. Let us know, that's a great idea!
    When's that game, Dec 7? Crap, that gives me only 6 months to get this thing organized! Seriously though, as it gets closer, we can talk about meeting up and eating/drinking and watching the Steelers kick the crap out of the Cryboys.
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit
    I love going to road games. There is something so special about being a Steelers fan and invading an enemy stadium. I have been to Ckeveland, Cincy, Tennessee,& Indy. I am in the process of trying to convince the wife that the 10 home games I'm going to aren't quite enough. I want to make the trip to Philly in sept.
    I was thinking Philly too. Its only about an hour drive for me. Maybe I'll see you there.

I've been to both Jets and Giants road games. And last year drove down to Cincy. Last years Jets game (although we lost ) was one of my proudest moments as a Steeler fan. We COMPLETELY took over that stadium. My Jets fan friends were embarrassed.
    rpm,
    If I decide to go, I'll definitely let you know prior.
    I'm trying like heck to get tix for that game.The stadium is only about 25 minutes away from me.We should all get together if were all there.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Sorry I tend to get excited about going out there again as soon as I leave. We'll be in touch as the game approaches...would love to meet the PS gang!
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

When's that game, Dec 7? Crap, that gives me only 6 months to get this thing organized! Seriously though, as it gets closer, we can talk about meeting up and eating/drinking and watching the Steelers kick the crap out of the Cryboys.

I have an offer for lodgings and tickets for the WEEK 14 battle royal. The only thing left to discuss is the air fair. The wife isn't keen on the fact that we're going to Vegas and Italy this fall and for me to pile Pittsburgh on top of that before the holidays is a little rough. WHEN... I get the green light, I'll be coming loaded.... probably with a PlanetSteelers banner to set up at the Tailgate so all can find us.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Since you go to these year after year, do the players/coaches remember you? How cool would that be. Also .. do many others go multiple times as well?

Quote Originally Posted by NC Steeler Fan
    Well, while I may not make it to any games this year, I will
    be making my annual pilgrimage to Latrobe for Training Camp
    and Women's Camp in late July/early August (anxiously waiting
    for the registration announcment to come out now!).

Just look for the little gold Hyundai Accent flying up 19 and 79
    in WV with the Steeler flags in the windows and:

"Raleigh, NC to Latrobe, PA -> Steelers Training Camp!"

written across the back windshield, and:

"Honk if You Love the Steelers" on the side windows!

Yup! That would be me!
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel

I have an offer for lodgings and tickets for the WEEK 14 battle royal. The only thing left to discuss is the air fair. The wife isn't keen on the fact that we're going to Vegas and Italy this fall and for me to pile Pittsburgh on top of that before the holidays is a little rough. WHEN... I get the green light, I'll be coming loaded.... probably with a PlanetSteelers banner to set up at the Tailgate so all can find us.
    Hey.. just try to not do anything amatuerish for the banner -- try to make it look nice, OKAY? If you need any help with graphics, come find me. :P
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene

Hey.. just try to not do anything amatuerish for the banner -- try to make it look nice, OKAY? If you need any help with graphics, come find me. :P

I would be lost without your input. :P