Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Cleveland Browns have eyes on the AFC North

The Cleveland Browns have eyes on the AFC North

By CHRIS EASTERLING
    The Independent
    Posted May 12, 2008 @ 10:54 PM
    http://www.indeonline.com/sports/x27354 ... orth-title
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    CANTON, OH — championship this fall. Nobody associated with the team will say any differently, coming off a 10-6 season a year ago and an offseason which has seen the team as active as any in the NFL in upgrading through free agency or trades.
    But those same people also know there remains one major hurdle for the Browns to get over in their quest to get that division title.
    The Pittsburgh Steelers.
    “As I think about winning the division, it comes to Pittsburgh a little bit,” Browns coach Romeo Crennel told the audience at Monday’s Hall of Fame Luncheon Club meeting at Tozzi’s on 12th. “We have to beat those guys. We have to beat those guys if we want to win the division.”
    Cleveland has lost nine straight to the Steelers, including two of the last three in excruciating fashion where the Browns lost leads late in the game. The 31-28 loss in Heinz Field in Week 10 last November for all intents and purposes cost the Browns not just a playoff spot, but also the division crown.
    Both teams finished the season with 10-6 records. The Steelers won the AFC North because of their 2-0 record against Cleveland.
    “The last two years we were ahead of them and should have won the game, they came back and they beat us,” Crennel said. “Last year, we’re ahead – other than that first game (a 34-7 Steeler rout on opening day) – and we let them come back and they beat us. We know we can compete with them, we just have to finish the job. That’s what we’re looking forward to this year, to finishing the job.”
    The Browns will get their first chance in the second game of the season on Sept. 14, when the Steelers come to Cleveland for a Sunday night showdown. The two teams will also wrap up the season on Dec. 28.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Re: The Cleveland Browns have eyes on the AFC North

As I think about winning the division, it comes to Pittsburgh a little bit
    A little bit?

Pro Bowler

There's at least one of these articles EVERY offseason

They are the Browns - WE are the Steelers. Its that simple

Stains coach Romeo Crennel told the audience at Monday’s Hall of Fame Luncheon Club meeting at Tozzi’s on 12th
    What Hall of Fame could the fat man possibly be in? If you read it properly, he is in some type of Eating Hall of Fame... Luncheon Club?
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Legend

The Browns will be lucky to be 8-8 this year. They have the same tough schedule as the Steelers and their secondary is a joke. Teams will be lighting them up for 30+ points in at least half the games they play. The league will also figure out Derek Anderson this year and force more mistakes out of him--think Tommy Maddox in a bad year.

I will give the Browns that I realistically think we split with them this year.

Steelers win the AFC North with a 10-6 record and 5-1 against the Bungals, Ravens and Browns.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

BIG FAN

This was a great way to start the day, laughing at the stains and their buffoon of a coach.
    So, I guess this means when we trash them the second game of the season, it's over (as usual) for them. Just ask their coach.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG FAN
    This was a great way to start the day, laughing at the stains and their buffoon of a coach.
    So, I guess this means when we trash them the second game of the season, it's over (as usual) for them. Just ask their coach.

I was making a post last night regarding the stains and a Cowgirl fan that I work with looked over my shoulder, remarked how awesome our message board site looked and then proceeded to laugh... because he saw that most of the threads that referred to the Browns, referred to them as the "stains." He'd never heard of that before.

BIG FAN

Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG FAN

I was making a post last night regarding the stains and a Cowgirl fan that I work with looked over my shoulder, remarked how awesome our message board site looked and then proceeded to laugh... because he saw that most of the threads that referred to the Browns, referred to them as the "stains." He'd never heard of that before.
    Being one was a stains fan, did you enjoy eloquently interpreting for them.

Hall of Famer

“The last two years we were ahead of them and should have won the game, they came back and they beat us,” Crennel said. “Last year, we’re ahead – other than that first game (a 34-7 Steeler rout on opening day) – and we let them come back and they beat us.
    Sounds like the Bengals whining like the better team didn't win.

They "let" us beat them. Right.

Tools

Stains.

Losers
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

The end all and be all for the Browns would be to win the division somehow, some way.

For the Steelers, winning the AFC North is merely a speedbump on the journey toward our ultimate goal of winning yet another Super Bowl title.

That's the difference right there.